• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what can make you leave a forum

ametist

What are your reasons for staying in a forum or leaving it?
What makes you a regular contributor to a forum, what makes you refrain?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I have to be learning, and discussing, to have interest.

I refrain when there's too much disagreement without backing anything up.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I like diverse community, learning, sharing ideas, social aspect, etc.

I don't mind disagreement (it is healthy) but too much conflict, superiority complex and subtle insults. Those are times where I'm learning to take a step back.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is a matter of deciding whether I expect to find interesting discussions or not.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Leaving a forum is caused by expulsion. But I do not know if I am able to leave on my own.

There are a few people here who will engage me in conversation. Whenever or if ever there proves to be no one then I will leave. Or if all I get is insulted I will leave. There are some very bright people here. It is why I stay. But if I find days gone by where nothing is worth reading, I will be sure to go. But it has never happened yet so I really do not know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I remember two forums I left on my own. I left because there was no one there to talk to. Two I was expelled from :eek: Two I wasn't. This one makes five. I think I'm not forgetting any.

omnifarious

Acolyte of Revelation
Ridiculous forum rules/over-moderation, high degree of ignorance within the community.

I posted no more than three times(over the course of 24-hours) before I decided to leave a discussion forum I had been planning to join for weeks.

Over-moderation did the trick.

ZooGirl02

Often times I will leave a forum for a while if I am bored with the forum. Sometimes I leave the forum because I find that it has become a near occasion of sin for me. For example, a lot of times when I used to come to Religious Forums, I would be tempted to entertain doubts. This was partly due to my mental illnesses. And so I would choose to leave for a period of time until I felt more stable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I leave a forum only when its color changes, & I'm kicked out.
Other than that, I'll post anywhere I'm able.