• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What book(s) are you reading now?

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Just got finished reading Blasphemy by Douglas Preston. Had a lot of potential but fizzled out in the end.

Melancholy

異端者
pbcover.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
Catching up on some back issues of BACK ISSUE. It is a fanzine devoted to comics in the 70's and 80's (during the time when I collected). This issue is dedicated to sidekicks and talks about how Robin went from Batman's sidekick to his own series. Other articles include the controversial Captain America/Falcon team-up. The beginnings of Dark Horse Publishing. An interview with the creators of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. An article about Scott McCloud's ZOT and an interesting Pro to Pro with Keith Giffin and J.M. Demattis' obscure Justice League run with a focus on Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

22_LRG.jpg

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
I've just started The Great Transformation by Karen Armstrong, and after that I'll probably pick up either The Tao of Physics or Conceptions of God in Ancient Egypt.

------

Huzzah for complex and pompously-intellectual-sounding book titles! :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm still struggling with Dantes Inferno..

My mother got mad at me and said to read...The Source..by James a Mitchener.

WAHH!

Blessings

DAllas

cardero

Citizen Mod
Batman.jpg

BATMAN
Issues-656-674, ANNUAL 26
Approx. 462 Pgs
Published by DC Comics
Writers: Grant Morrison, Peter Mulligan, John Ostrander
John Van Fleet, Adam Kubert, Tom Mandrake, J.H. Williams III

I am a huge fan of Grant Morrison and penciller Adam Kubert so I am looking forward to an interesting ride. The first story arc by Morrison/Kubert involve the surprise introduction of Batman’s son by notorius international crime leader Talia which was only hinted at in the graphic novel Bride Of the Demon. Morrison and Kubert take a break and John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake pick up the reigns in a four issue story arc entitled “Grotesk”. Then Morrison returns with artist John Van Fleet with a joker story arc. Batman has never been in better hands.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
  • A number of travel guides to the Netherlands in preparation for a fast approaching vacation, and
  • Kin, Cult, Land and Afterlife - a Biblical Complex, a teatise by Herbert Chanan Brichto, in an effort to better understand the Book of Ruth.

cardero

Citizen Mod
51QWA7KJQ5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

SHOWCASE Presents THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD BOOK 1
528 pgs
DC Publishing
This value-priced collection features over 500 pages of classic comics.The Caped Crusader teams up with some of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes in this titanic volume guest-starring Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, The Atom, Green Arrow and many others.

I love the Showcase series. Telephone books that print the comics in black an white and can give the comics reader and artist an accurate rendering of the line work involved before color is added.

Thrill to the days of yesteryear.......

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I just finished reading the Donnie Darko Book over the weekend, which was okay, and a little interesting, but what I enjoyed much more was Tuesdays With Morrie, which I finished yesterday. I absolutely loved it!