• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your Signature Strengths?

Straw Dog

Hello

Every person possesses certain character strengths that make them stand out. They could be considered signatures of who they genuinely are. Take the free and official VIA Character test to discover your signature strengths, which may surprise you. It does take about 10-15 minutes, but it is scientifically-tested and much more fun than the last quiz I tried to share. If you go through the process you can then select option 3 at the end, which is the free report.

Here's what I got:

Forgiveness
Humor
Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence
Fairness
Creativity

They also give brief descriptions for each.

So what are your top five signature strengths?

http://www.viacharacter.org/www

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Character Strength # 1

Judgment

Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.

Character Strength # 2

Love

You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you feel most close are the same people who feel most close to you.

Character Strength # 3

Prudence

You are a careful person, and your choices are consistently prudent ones. You do not say or do things that you might later regret.

Character Strength # 4

Love of learning

You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.

Character Strength # 5

Perspective

Although you may not think of yourself as wise, your friends hold this view of you. They value your perspective on matters and turn to you for advice. You have a way of looking at the world that makes sense to others and to yourself.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I will not give the details of the results (unless you understand french, they were not given in english xD)

- Perspective
- Spirituality
- love of learning
- seeing the beauty
- team work

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Character Strength # 1
Creativity
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.

Character Strength # 2
Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.

Character Strength # 3
Prudence
You are a careful person, and your choices are consistently prudent ones. You do not say or do things that you might later regret.

Character Strength # 4
Curiosity
You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.

Character Strength # 5
Hope
You expect the best in the future, and you work to achieve it. You believe that the future is something that you can control.

I'd have some criticism on this, scientifically tested or not, but oh well, no personality test can ever be completely accurate.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
My J's are strong as are my S's. The y's and k's are reasonably good. Weakest are my vowels which ...
... oh, ... wait ... (how embarrassing)​
... never mind.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Character Strength # 1

Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence

You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

Character Strength # 2

Prudence

Character Strength # 3

Forgiveness

You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.

Character Strength # 4

Perspective

Although you may not think of yourself as wise, your friends hold this view of you. They value your perspective on matters and turn to you for advice. You have a way of looking at the world that makes sense to others and to yourself.

Character Strength # 5

Spirituality

You have strong and coherent beliefs about the higher purpose and meaning of the universe. You know where you fit in the larger scheme. Your beliefs shape your actions and are a source of comfort to you.

----

I also notice the test not being completely accurate. Also the scoring is worded strangely. Even though it is listed as "Character Strength #24", "Zest" is not really a strength of mine at all :D

Last edited:

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Character Strength # 1
Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

Character Strength # 2
Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.

Character Strength # 3
Love
You value close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated. The people to whom you feel most close are the same people who feel most close to you.

Character Strength # 4
Creativity
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.

Character Strength # 5
Judgment

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Forgiveness
You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.

Judgment

Prudence

Perspective

Self-Regulation
You self-consciously regulate what you feel and what you do. You are a disciplined person. You are in control of your appetites and your emotions, not vice versa.

I feel like if the whole test is going to be to ask me things like "do you forgive people?" or "do others consider you a wise person?" or "do you think things through?", they might as well have just asked me what my strengths were.

TommyDar

Character Strength # 1
Forgiveness

Character Strength # 2
Humor
You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.

Character Strength # 3
Creativity

Character Strength # 4
Hope
You expect the best in the future, and you work to achieve it. You believe that the future is something that you can control.

Character Strength # 5
Judgment

I would say that this is pretty accurate.

Straw Dog

Mornin' Penumbra,

I feel like if the whole test is going to be to ask me things like "do you forgive people?" or "do others consider you a wise person?" or "do you think things through?", they might as well have just asked me what my strengths were.

Yeah, that might've also worked, but then you wouldn't get to enjoy the experience of wasting 10 minutes of your life... I mean, doing an official psych test.

Straw Dog

I suspect that a lot of regulars on RF probably tend toward strengths of wisdom and strengths of transcendence.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Character Strength # 1
Awesomeness
You are incredibly awesome.

Character Strength # 2
Coolness
You are so cool, penguins shiver when they think about you.

Character Strength # 3
Omniscience
Your ability to know and see all makes you even more awesome and cool.

Character Strength # 4
Omnipotence
You can do anything. This is a major advantage when it comes to having to get stuff done.

Character Strength # 5
Awesomeness
You are so amazingly awesome, that we had to mention it again.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Character Strength # 1
Awesomeness
You are incredibly awesome.

Character Strength # 2
Coolness
You are so cool, penguins shiver when they think about you.

Character Strength # 3
Omniscience
Your ability to know and see all makes you even more awesome and cool.

Character Strength # 4
Omnipotence
You can do anything. This is a major advantage when it comes to having to get stuff done.

Character Strength # 5
Awesomeness
You are so amazingly awesome, that we had to mention it again.

Given your #5, i would say it is clear you lack the character strenght of creativity. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Character Strength # 1
Bravery
You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.

Character Strength # 2
Honesty
You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way. You are down to earth and without pretense; you are a "real" person.

Character Strength # 3
Perseverance
You work hard to finish what you start. No matter the project, you "get it out the door" in timely fashion. You do not get distracted when you work, and you take satisfaction in completing tasks.

Character Strength # 4
Judgment

Character Strength # 5
Love of learning

OMG!!:eek: I'm the only honest person here!:p

Alceste

Vagabond
Mine is integrity. People have commented.

Didn't take the test cuz I'm too lazy to sign up. See? I admitted it. Integrity!

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Well, I am a performer. Acting is essentially lying. :D

Maybe I should reverse it and have everyone put down their signature weaknesses.

Honesty is my biggest character weakness. But wait, if that's the case then i ought to be lying, which means honesty is not my biggest character weakness. But if that's the case, then...

:D

Straw Dog

Honesty is my biggest character weakness. But wait, if that's the case then i ought to be lying, which means honesty is not my biggest character weakness. But if that's the case, then...

:D

You have a real dilemma on your hands. It's probably best to do the opposite of whatever you tell yourself to do just to be safe.