• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Hobbies?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Each and every one of you are different and unique thank you very much for all post that have been made here. Appreciate it, and God bless you and your family and your life - if you are a believer. If not still thank you for contributing (still may you be blessed). Hope you all have enjoy the rest of your time online, Good night. Take care.
Thank you. Tell us a bit more about your hobbies!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I come here, I play my guitar and bass (been more guitar lately). Draw, though I haven't done it in awhile. And slowly getting back into writing.
Making my car look really nice has also become a thing recently now that I make enough money to do that. I recently put on an at-home ceramic coat, and installed under body lights. Interior lighting and will probably be next, as will a performance chip for the computer settings as I've also been enhancing the performance (though this has mostly been better quality parts as I replace them).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's my line. Just ask all the atheists and Christians. :D
It seems one of my unintentional hobbies is to get called, many, many wild things I'm not. Including "Trump supporter frat boy," which has utterly stumped me because I looked more like I had discovered a major loophole for office casual or was about to get on stage and play guitar for a hard rock/punk type of band (and, of course, monochrome black).:confused:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Good! That is some good writing. If you write for pleasure then writing is a hobby to you too.

I had to look up what hobby means really. Did anybody else?
By the way thank you for that encouragement. I will try writing some time, however I think in order to develop as a writer I'd need to read more books. In particular I'd have to read some girly romance novels, and I don't know if I want to read those. If I tried writing without reading more broadly I'd probably come across as a dollar store author, somebody who didn't understand common things like putting on lipstick or expensive shoes. Also there is a penalty for writing without a license, and you can only get that license from a mob of gangsters called readers, many of whom like girly books.

wheatpenny

Quaker/Independent Catholic (dual affiliation)
My hobbies are collecting Witchcraft paraphernalia, Bible study and learning foreign languages.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Do you have hobbies that you enjoy doing when ever you are not working?

What are some of those hobbies? Spend time with Family, Drawing, Painting, Gaming, Projects, Sport Games, Learning New Subjects, Reading Books, Go hiking, Walking Animals, Feeding your barn animals, Go fishing, Go Caving, what else could you think of adding in this list of topics??

What do you enjoy doing when you have some time to yourself, with family, or friends?

( I currently do not work and spend time at home; on youtube and forum sites haha :p) Either way everything is alright for the most part. Do enjoy reading the bible, taking walks, and petting the cats outside of the house, as well as spend time with brother, and my mother sometimes.

Lately my most time consuming hobby is playing World of Warcraft Classic and listening to 1940s radio serials and films.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Basketball! I coached volleyball for about 15 years. So who's your NBA team? Do you think the WNBA will ever get decent salaries? What's your take on that? I wonder if anyone else here follows basketball. Maybe I'll start a thread.

Boston Celtics, and I'm pretty passionate. My username (Lewisnotmiller) comes from a basketball site I frequent, and I kept it for here.
I had an awesome dog named Reggie. As I liked basketball, people assumed I named him after Reggie Miller. As a Celtics nut, though, I'd named him Reggie after Reggie Lewis (not Miller)!!

I hope women's basketball salaries grow to the point that women don't have to tour the world playing in various competitions through the year just to make a living. I think that will happen (at least). Selfishly, I get to walk down the street from my home (literally) and watch some of the best female players in Australia play, since they're playing both WNBL (top level here) AND NBL1 (Second highest level). That's an absolute treat for a basketball nerd like me, but something the top level guys don't need to do.

I coach girls junior basketball, and my two older daughters play. Youngest is a baby, so we will see, but there's a chance given our proximity to the largest basketball club in the southern hemisphere!! I'm passionate about women's sport, and love how strong our local club is. Lots of role models.

Happy to let you know the basketball forum I frequent, just PM me if you like.

darkskies

RF, instagram, youtube, music (mostly pop and edm), language learning and creation, reading stuff online (science, religion), games sometimes, watching tv. That's about it.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have hobbies that you enjoy doing when ever you are not working?

What are some of those hobbies? Spend time with Family, Drawing, Painting, Gaming, Projects, Sport Games, Learning New Subjects, Reading Books, Go hiking, Walking Animals, Feeding your barn animals, Go fishing, Go Caving, what else could you think of adding in this list of topics??

What do you enjoy doing when you have some time to yourself, with family, or friends?

( I currently do not work and spend time at home; on youtube and forum sites haha :p) Either way everything is alright for the most part. Do enjoy reading the bible, taking walks, and petting the cats outside of the house, as well as spend time with brother, and my mother sometimes.
I have had various hobbies over the years. Right now, I am focused on some on line college courses through Academic Earth, RF, reading and hiking. Hiking is my big thing these days. Since last August, I have hiked over 600 total combined miles.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What kind of history have you learned from what you are reading by Mauro Biglino?
He practically compares the historical context of early Christianity with Judaism.
He also compared the Bible with Homer's poems...he is very versatile.

SA Huguenot

I study religions, all religions, I summarised the Bible, Quran and Hadith al Buchari (and had it printed and made into 3 books.
I have a small library with about 200 Bibles, and abother 1000 or so books on History, religion, Mathematics, science, archaeology, and ancient writings.

Every 6 months I take on another hobby, the current one is Woodworking, and I am preparing to turn Chess sets from very scarce wood such as Leadwood and Pink Ivory.
The previous hobby of mine took a year, that was to sharpen my skils in algebra, spwcifically to understand the mathematics on Time dilation.

Before that I taught muself electronics, and built quite a few nice machines, such as an induction heater to warm metal bars, Bedini chargers, Kelvin water generators, solar heatpumps, etc.
The nicest hobby I had was building up old sportscars.
I had a 1952 Triumph TR2, Fiat X19, Triumph Spitfires, two of those, a Doge colt Galant custome built racer, and a few more.

I loved to build kitchen cuppboards, and to revamp the houses I lived in.

But the best hobby ever, is my grand children.

I have the following philosophical saying:
"Your Children are your investment, and your Grand Children your interest payback"

SA Huguenot

Yes i know but... i will continue to call beef burgers beef burgers to save any confusion on this side of the Atlantic
I am always curious to why the Americans call Cattle...Cows?
A cow is female, and it does not make sense to call a field of Cattle, "Cows".

Is it because the Americans dont know better for growing up in cities?

I remember a girl one day stumbling upon a heap of milk bottles in the field where she walked with her dad, and called:
"Daddy, come quick! I found a cows nest!