• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Hobbies?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
CT,

How long have you been into painting? That is a nice photo of the riverbank that you shared. It is very interesting, and it is something you made by your own hand.

When you were younger CT: Did you and your friend use to play hockey or anything out on the street? (Am afraid would break my ankles if was to rollerblade.)

Family first, what do you and your family enjoy for dinner that you may and might make regularly if anything?

What are some of the books you enjoy reading? You enjoy art from the renaissance and 3d - I really enjoy runescape growing up it was cool with it's quest system and online players.

What is cro magnon archaeology?

You mean like photoshop?
I use an older version of Photoshop, Gimp, Pxlr editor, and a couple other web based platforms when I'm using a PC.

I'm still looking for a decent app to use on mobile, although I found a couple that actually do the editing for you. Problem with those is you don't have a lot of control over the results.

*Edit: notice how I worked in my first hobby in the last line of my answer. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not going to happen.
I searched the internet, & found no engine shows in France.
I suggest going to England & Netherlands. Some great
shows in those more advanced countries. France doesn't
even appear to have a Lenoir engine...but you can go to
Germany to see one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Figuring out what broke on XenForo today.
It's surprising how different forums work so
differently even when goth use XenForo.
It must be very flexible & customizable.
(That means difficult.)

I also collect...
- Engine related patent models.
- Engine & machine tool related advertising posters.

MatthewA

@MatthewA

I cannot remember a time i did not pain or draw :) it has always beeen a part of my life. But i started to take it more serious around highschool, and i do have education in drawing, painting and photography. but not as higher education

I can not remember my childhood so much, but i do believe i did not do hockey or that form of skating :)

Thank you for getting back to me: You kind of just picked up and been part of your life, that is so cool. Would be fun to paint beside you I believe, and we paint whatever may be in front of us.

You went further by learning more by becoming serious about learning more about drawing, painting, and photography.

:)

What is some of your poetry about Rayoflight?

Gaming, reading and recently I’ve taken up doing puzzles, which is oddly relaxing. Though I often have to put it on hold when I get too drunk (yes, I’m such an alcoholic I even do puzzles when drinking.)

Haha Hello SomeRandom,

What type of puzzles? Do you buy any and all types of puzzles (tigers in space), (picture of city, or oceans), ? Do you glue them together when you get done placing them together?

MatthewA

I won't list'm all here, but some of my many hobbies....
- Collecting antique name brand babbitt ingots.
- Landscaping.
- Trying to interest / in antique scrap iron.

Revoltingest;

What are babbitt ingots?

I use an older version of Photoshop, Gimp, Pxlr editor, and a couple other web based platforms when I'm using a PC.

I'm still looking for a decent app to use on mobile, although I found a couple that actually do the editing for you. Problem with those is you don't have a lot of control over the results.

*Edit: notice how I worked in my first hobby in the last line of my answer. :D

Have you seen or heard of splice video editor on phone?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you for getting back to me: You kind of just picked up and been part of your life, that is so cool. Would be fun to paint beside you I believe, and we paint whatever may be in front of us.

You went further by learning more by becoming serious about learning more about drawing, painting, and photography.

:)

What is some of your poetry about Rayoflight?
I am not sure what you mean when you say poetry about Rayoflight?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Revoltingest;

What are babbitt ingots?
Babbit is a lead (& tin or zinc) alloy used in bearings, very
commonly in antique engines & machine tools made after
1840. (It's an improvement over pure lead.)

The ingots would be melted, &
the liquid metal poured in place.
Babbitt (alloy) - Wikipedia
It's still used in modern car engines.
Re273fc7fbc5a1358cdd2c37a48d95400

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How many cats do you have ? (I have to get a job again soon) Wonder what you might do, (Am going Friday to go apply for a new job in healthcare working).
We only have seven cats right now, all Persians, and that is the lowest number we have had in 20 years, because so many have passed away. :(

Good luck on your job, whatever job you get. My husband was once a nurse for 20 years but that was a long time ago. After that he got a different kind of job that as a data compiler but he has now been retired for five years.

MatthewA

It's 2 miles. Can't swim, it borders marshland. I dislike swimming anyway. I haven't written one lately. I tend to write sexually explicit stuff so I don't talk about it openly here.

Ok. Marshland; that word just sounds cool. Marsh land - marshy marsh landy lands. Swimming is something that takes a little getting use to, never been much of a swimmer, have swam in river sometimes here and there in life. Some books that I use to like to write about was about vampires, and mental hospitals and things like that.

Babbit is a lead alloy used in bearings, very
commonly in antique engines & machine tools.
The ingots would be melted, & the liquid metal
poured in place.
Re273fc7fbc5a1358cdd2c37a48d95400

Wow, look at this Babbit. How old is this Babbit in the photo? Where are you able to find Babbits are they fresh made in which you collect or do you find older ones or are they all of the same value?

We only have seven cats right now, all Persians, and that is the lowest number we have had in 20 years, because so many have passed away. :(

Good luck on your job, whatever job you get. My husband was once a nurse for 20 years but that was a long time ago. After that he got a different kind of job that as a data compiler but he has now been retired for five years.

Wow: Haha all Persians reminding me of a Alleyway Cat movie by Disney. What are all 7 cats names ? Can you tell them each apart? Thank you for your best hope wishes. Did your husband enjoy being a nurse 20 years ago? Did He enjoy his job being a dad compiler?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It's surprising how different forums work so
differently even when goth use XenForo.
It must be very flexible & customizable.
(That means difficult.)

I also collect...
- Engine related patent models.
- Engine & machine tool related advertising posters.
What about textile machines? Who collects those?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow, look at this Babbit. How old is this Babbit in the photo? Where are you able to find Babbits are they fresh made in which you collect or do you find older ones or are they all of the same value?
I don't have or know the date of that one.
I only collect older ones that I can buy cheap...$20 per ingot.
That's about what it's worth just for the metal.
I don't know the market well....I don't know if anyone else even collects'm.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Pretty much everything I do is a hobby. I'm retired ... gardening, writing, forums, sports on TV, hikes with Boss, travel, sadhana. Some are more duty than hobbies, I guess. I planted some marigolds, nasturtiums and kale today. I took a 6 week hiatus from writing, but got back at it today. My book has a silly update, but that's for another thread.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Posting on RF as others have noted.

Dog related stuff: walking, ball throwing/retrieving, tug of war.

About an hour of TV every night after dinner with my wife.

Gardening but that's a lot of waging war on weeds and obliterating weeds with extreme prejudice - only those that my wife considers weeds, of course.

They're not hobbies but I do a lot of volunteering as well.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Family first, what do you and your family enjoy for dinner that you may and might make regularly if anything?

We quite like this,
The Vegetarian Recipes Thread
We usually have it every couple of weeks

What are some of the books you enjoy reading? You enjoy art from the renaissance and 3d - I really enjoy runescape growing up it was cool with it's quest system and online players.

Roman history, usually +/- 100 years of the fall of the republic, just started SPQR by Mary Beard. I cut my reading teeth on Terry Pratchett, Read all Iain Banks (and Iain M Banks) my favourite book is Excession.

Travelled a lot in Italy to see some of the Renaissance painting, my work was 3D
flower.jpg
laketown.jpg

What is cro magnon archaeology?

Ah ha, you want the short answer or the long one??? ;-). One of several reasons we moved to France was my fascination with cro magnon (EEMH). I sometimes go on digs with the Museum of Pre History (which happens to be quite local), there is nothing more enjoyable than crawling about on hands and knees in the semi dark and discovering some 30,000 year old artifact. Its usually nothing more than a piece of carbon or ochre. One of the highlights of my life was feeling what i thought was a buried rock that turned out to be my avatar...

a short story of my avatar.