• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are Your Goals?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
When it comes to sharing your beliefs, what are your goals?
Here are some examples of goals (keep in mind that these are NOT my own goals, just examples):
1. To get people to understand what I believe and why I believe it.
2. To spread what I believe the truth is so at least people will hear it.
3. To try and convert people to my way of thinking.
4. To share my beliefs with others and hear others beliefs in return.
5. To let people know that their beliefs are pretty stupid.

My own goals are probably closest to 4 although 1 could be applicable to me, too. You can share any goals you want and not just use the examples, of course. :yes:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I believe I should more or less strive towards the goals that Christ has established for me. I believe each Christian is charged with carrying out the great commission which is to share Christ with others. I believe when I try my best to love...I'm on track to reaching whatever goals have been set for me on my journey.

w00t

I don't want to convert anyone to my viewpoint nor do I wish to be converted to theirs. I don't have any goals .

Buttercup

Veteran Member
My goals for being a member of RF? Or, sharing my beliefs with others in general?

My goals for being a member of RF are:

1. To have fun.
2. To learn about/discuss religion (among other topics)

w00t

This is me.

Conversion isn't the only reason, as demonstrated in the OP. If you don't have any goals, then why are you here? Meaning, what's your motive? :)

A bit of light relief really I guess. I care for my disabled husband and son, so need time out. I don't take forums too seriously

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
I don't want to convert anyone to my viewpoint nor do I wish to be converted to theirs. I don't have any goals .

Are you telling the truth? And there was I thinking you had been sent from the future to eradicate born again Christianity.

w00t

Are you telling the truth? And there was I thinking you had been sent from the future to eradicate born again Christianity.

As I said I find it a bit of light relief posting here, I know the right buttons to press and I enjoy pressing them! If people take the bait fine, if not that is fine too!:D I don't expect to change anyone's mind just as no one is likely to change mine, certainly not where the 'born again' doctrine is concerned. Once one has had their fingers badly burned, so to speak, one doesn't usually stick them in the fire again!

w00t

So it's their fault you put your hands into fire?

Yes! I was brought up a pentecostalist and was coerced into reciting the 'born again' mantra when I was 11! They probably thought they were saving my 'soul', I just felt it was pure evil even at that tender age!

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
Yes! I was brought up a pentecostalist and was coerced into reciting the 'born again' mantra when I was 11! They probably thought they were saving my 'soul', I just felt it was pure evil even at that tender age!

What did they coerce you into reciting? I don't get what you mean by 'born again' mantra.