• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the major scientific errors in major religious scriptures?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Because Allah tells them to "strike the necks of non Muslims" directly.

Brother, i think you should refrain from the offensive comments.

I do not believe this to be the case.

I find most Hindu's friendly and kind but not you in this case.

:)

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
In the verse, it mentions that other Gods, why did it make that generalization. Why not explicitly said it in a different way?

You cannot just use your beliefs to interpret the scripture to what you like it fit.

He made a generalization to other gods. Why did he not just say what we made allowed and not?

If by a divine being you mean All-Knowing, i do not see how this little thing could be left out.
I have no idea what you mean.

Jabar

You must understand that this refers to Brahman, who has no material form. It does not say we are not allowed to have idols. We are going in circles.

How is it referring to Brahman? And it explicitly says "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink
deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
[Yajurveda 40:9]7

4. Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

They sink deeper in darkness.

So you are saying Brahman is a natural element?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Brother, i think you should refrain from the offensive comments.

I do not believe this to be the case.

I find most Hindu's friendly and kind but not you in this case.

In that case you must really hate the Quran huh?

So when you meet those who disbelieve, strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.

Fa-itha laqeetumu allatheena kafaroo fadarba alrriqabi hatta itha athkhantumoohum fashuddoo alwathaqa fa-imma mannan ba'du wa-imma fidaan hatta tada'a alharbu awzaraha thalika walaw yashao Allahu laintasara minhum walakin liyabluwa ba'dakum biba'din waallatheena qutiloo fee sabeeli Allahi falan yudilla a'malahum sayahdeehim wayuslihu balahum
فَإِذا لَقِيتُمُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَضَرْبَ الرِّقَابِ حَتَّى إِذَا أَثْخَنتُمُوهُمْ فَشُدُّوا الْوَثَاقَ فَإِمَّا مَنّاً بَعْدُ وَإِمَّا فِدَاء حَتَّى تَضَعَ الْحَرْبُ أَوْزَارَهَا ذَلِكَ وَلَوْ يَشَاءُ اللَّهُ لَانتَصَرَ مِنْهُمْ وَلَكِن لِّيَبْلُوَ بَعْضَكُم بِبَعْضٍ وَالَّذِينَ قُتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَلَن يُضِلَّ أَعْمَالَهُمْ
47:4

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not only is this a contradiction but showing that the ''gods'' you worship are false.
You go on a lot about how the religion of others are false, how their gods man-made, and even laugh at their beliefs, and yet do not even consider for a moment the same things can be said of your religion. It's rather quite rude, and even annoying. Muslims are supposed to be compassionate and humble, but you come off as being ostentatious and arrogant. The world is about to bite you in the *** really hard, and you'll have only yourself to blame.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
How is it referring to Brahman? And it explicitly says "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink
deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
[Yajurveda 40:9]7

4. Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

They sink deeper in darkness.

So you are saying Brahman is a natural element?

Oh i see what you are getting at. Right. We are not worshiping the metal. We are worshiping the image. The murti is a conduit for our love of God to God. When a murti has become the Lord himself, we are worshiping God, not the metal.

Jabar

In that case you must really hate the Quran huh?

So when you meet those who disbelieve, strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.

Fa-itha laqeetumu allatheena kafaroo fadarba alrriqabi hatta itha athkhantumoohum fashuddoo alwathaqa fa-imma mannan ba'du wa-imma fidaan hatta tada'a alharbu awzaraha thalika walaw yashao Allahu laintasara minhum walakin liyabluwa ba'dakum biba'din waallatheena qutiloo fee sabeeli Allahi falan yudilla a'malahum sayahdeehim wayuslihu balahum
فَإِذا لَقِيتُمُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَضَرْبَ الرِّقَابِ حَتَّى إِذَا أَثْخَنتُمُوهُمْ فَشُدُّوا الْوَثَاقَ فَإِمَّا مَنّاً بَعْدُ وَإِمَّا فِدَاء حَتَّى تَضَعَ الْحَرْبُ أَوْزَارَهَا ذَلِكَ وَلَوْ يَشَاءُ اللَّهُ لَانتَصَرَ مِنْهُمْ وَلَكِن لِّيَبْلُوَ بَعْضَكُم بِبَعْضٍ وَالَّذِينَ قُتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَلَن يُضِلَّ أَعْمَالَهُمْ

OMG. . .

Anyhow, this is referring to when you are in the battlefield. Anyone who is in risk of danger in battle will have to fight and kill, it is logic.

The context is important when reading the Qur'an.

Instead of just going on Islamic hating websites, brother.

I revere you a lot though. :)

Subhankar Zac

From where does the ISIS methods of beheading comes from?

So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.

فَإِذا لَقِيتُمُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَضَرْبَ الرِّقَابِ حَتَّى إِذَا أَثْخَنتُمُوهُمْ فَشُدُّوا الْوَثَاقَ فَإِمَّا مَنّاً بَعْدُ وَإِمَّا فِدَاء حَتَّى تَضَعَ الْحَرْبُ أَوْزَارَهَا ذَلِكَ وَلَوْ يَشَاءُ اللَّهُ لَانتَصَرَ مِنْهُمْ وَلَكِن لِّيَبْلُوَ بَعْضَكُم بِبَعْضٍ وَالَّذِينَ قُتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَلَن يُضِلَّ أَعْمَالَهُم

[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Ith yoohee rabbuka ila almala-ikati annee ma'akum fathabbitoo allatheena amanoo saolqee fee quloobi allatheena kafaroo alrru'ba faidriboo fawqa al-a'naqi waidriboo minhum kulla bananin
إِذْ يُوحِي رَبُّكَ إِلَى الْمَلآئِكَةِ أَنِّي مَعَكُمْ فَثَبِّتُواْ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ سَأُلْقِي فِي قُلُوبِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ الرَّعْبَ فَاضْرِبُواْ فَوْقَ الأَعْنَاقِ وَاضْرِبُواْ مِنْهُمْ كُلَّ بَنَانٍ
8:12

If you say that it's not real Islam, you deny the Quran, and therefore are not a Muslim.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe you should refer to the link and read the whole thing.

In Samaveda, i believe there is a prophesizing of Prophet Muhammad.

Oh. Next you have Atharvaveda. Apparently the 20th book Hymn 127 refers to Muhammad. It does not. It refers explicitly to Parik****, grandson of Arjuna and Emperor of the Kurus after the abdication of the Pandavas. He is a famous figure in Mahabharata. Duh.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/av/av20127.htm

YMN CXXVII
A hymn in praise of the good Government of King Kaurama
1Listen to this, ye men, a laud of glorious bounty shall be sung.
Thousands sixty, and ninety we, O Kaurama, among the
Rusamas have received.
2Camels twice-ten that draw the car, with females by their side,
he gave.
Fain would the chariot's top bow down escaping from the stroke
of heaven.
3A hundred chains of gold, ten wreaths, upon thee Rishi he
bestowed,
And thrice-a-hundred mettled steeds, ten-times-a-thousand cows
he gave.
4Glut thee, O Singer, glut thee like a bird on a ripe-fruited tree.
Thy lips and tongue move swiftly like the sharp blades of a pair
of shears.
5Quickly and willingly like kine forth come the singers and their
hymns:
Their little maidens are at home, at home they wait upon the
cows.
6O Singer, bring thou forth the hymn that findeth cattle, findeth:
wealth.
Even as an archer aims his shaft address this prayer unto the
Gods.
7List to Parik****'s eulogy, the sovreign whom all people love,
The King who ruleth over all, excelling mortals as a God.
8'Mounting his throne, Parik****, best of all, hath given us peace
and rest,'
Saith a Kauravya to his wife as he is ordering his house.

9'Which shall I set before thee, curds, gruel of milk, or barley-
brew?'
Thus the wife asks her husband in the realm which King
Parik**** rules.
10Up as it were to heavenly light springs the ripe corn above the
cleft.
Happily thrive the people in the land where King Parik****
reigns.
11Indra hath waked the bard and said, Rise, wander singing here
and there.
Praise me, the strong: each pious man will give thee riches in
return,
12Here, cows! increase and multiply, here ye, O horses, here, O
men.
Here, with a thousand rich rewards, doth Pūshan also seat him-
self.
13O Indra, let these cows be safe, their master free from injury.
Let not the hostile-hearted or the robber have control of them.
14Oft and again we glorify the hero with our hymn of praise, with
prayer, with our auspicious prayer.
Take pleasure in the songs we sing: let evil never fall on us.

------------------------------------------------------

Hee hee.

Subhankar Zac

OMG. . .

Anyhow, this is referring to when you are in the battlefield. Anyone who is in risk of danger in battle will have to fight and kill, it is logic.

Which context says that they are in a battlefield?

Jabar

You go on a lot about how the religion of others are false, how their gods man-made, and even laugh at their beliefs, and yet do not even consider for a moment the same things can be said of your religion. It's rather quite rude, and even annoying. Muslims are supposed to be compassionate and humble, but you come off as being ostentatious and arrogant. The world is about to bite you in the *** really hard, and you'll have only yourself to blame.

Not exactly their religions but the deities.

I never laughed at their beliefs, a good example of someone who portrays that is Subhankar.

I am compassionate but when it comes to debate, disagreement tend to happen and opinions tend to be brought forward and people interpret it in the wrong way.

Thank you.

Jabar

Oh i see what you are getting at. Right. We are not worshiping the metal. We are worshiping the image. The murti is a conduit for our love of God to God. When a murti has become the Lord himself, we are worshiping God, not the metal.

But it is not permitted is it?

Subhankar Zac

OMG. . .

You want me to stop quoting the Quran but apparently you can quote from Hindu and buddhist hating websites?
Though NO reverence FOR YOU though.

Jabar

Which context says that they are in a battlefield?

So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.

Speaks of war throughout the verse, the context is in battle. Armed struggle, etc.

Last edited:

Jabar

You want me to stop quoting the Quran but apparently you can quote from Hindu and buddhist hating websites?
Though NO reverence FOR YOU though.

I never quoted any Hindu and Buddhist hating websites.

In fact, i quoted from a website that respects all Hindus and Buddhists and any other religious groups.

Jabar

It does not say anywhere that it is not permitted. Please stop.

If Brahman is telling you that you are sinking deeper down because of those acts would you want to do them?

No, it is logic.

So, it is probably likely that it is prohibited but yet they are made to appear, not just that but association of creation.