• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the Central Positive Messages you Learned from the Quran?

mahasn ebn sawresho

I'm sorry, you making fun of a person whose command of the English language is poor is laughable. He has no formal training in it, unlike you.

I could easily make fun of the fact that you believe in a book of myths and stories and think it's true. That is the biggest joke here, you.
thank you
Is not able to provide proof of his words because he don't speak Arabic
Therefore there is a common saying. Sellswater inhotalsvaiin
DialectsdifficulttostudyingclassicalArabic
They think it's different
But this is not true
In any case, this shall not be considered separate languages aalhegat
And also the Muslim friend he respond to the theme of dialogue and therefore uses a misleading attack
But he also fails to prove disability and escape from the reply

mahasn ebn sawresho

I have some friends from Syria, a sizable number of the Muslims here in North Dakota are from Syria. We have to speak with each other in English as we can not understand each other's Arabic.

I had often felt it was a waste of time to have learned the Darija Arabic. But at the Time I was in the USAF and back in the 1960s the USAF decided it was the language I would learn. Forty plus years later, when I accepted Islam, The knowledge of Darija did help to understand the Qur'an
Okay-your words are true-the question of language and difference between Mandarin and dialects or slang
I don'tdisagree with you
But you said you accepted Islam
Wellyoucantell uswhat are thepeacefulmessageof the Qur'an

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Okay-your words are true-the question of language and difference between Mandarin and dialects or slang
I don'tdisagree with you
But you said you accepted Islam
Wellyoucantell uswhat are thepeacefulmessageof the Qur'an

It took me 65 years to find Islam 45 or so years as a Christian, Followed by 20 years as an Atheist.
Although I had read the Qur'an many times, I did not see it as a Holy Book. I used it as a study guide of the Arabic Language.

Then after the death of my second wife I came across my old Qur'an that I had not read in perhaps 30 years

In 2004 We were living in the small town of Tennessee Colony. Texas a very Red Neck town smack in the Center of the Bible Belt. I was diagnosed with lung cancer and began preparing for my final days. But my wife passed away suddenly just a few weeks after my diagnosis. I went into a very deep depression and began drinking quite heavily. In May of 2005 I realized the stupidity of my drunken binge sobered up and set forth to regain control of my life. I began with a general clean up of the house. During my clean up I found my old Qur'an in Arabic that I had bought while I was a student at Rabat. I had bought it as a study guide to help me learn to read Arabic.
It had been many years since I had last read anything in Arabic. I was curious as to if I could still read it. I opened it to Surah Fatiha and the first line literally jumped out at me.
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem. "In the name of Allaah, the provider, the Most merciful"
It was like the words glowed and completly filled me with an inner peace I never felt before.

I turned back to the preface and saw it was the supplication:
“Auzu Billahi Mina Al Shaytan Al Rajeem”.
(In Allaah(swt) I seek refuge from the evils of Satan)
After over 20 years of not speaking Arabic it all flowed back to me. I could not stop reading and I was not simply reading words, the feeling of each ayyat came upon me with an indescribable warmth and sense of understanding. I could not stop. I do not know how long I read I know it was for at least 48 hours and I still could not stop the feeling was so powerful and filling me with a strong sense of love and joy on the morning of what I believe was the 3rd day I finally set the Qur'an down and knew I was Muslim. I instantly said the Shahadah and knew I was now part of the Ummah. I did not even know if there were any Muslims in Texas much less if there were any Mosques.

The 3 Surat that impressed me the most

1. Surah Al-Fatihah

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
6. Guide us to the Straight Way
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger nor of those who went astray

109. Surah Al-Kaafiroon (The Disbelievers)

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!
2. "I worship not that which you worship,
3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.
5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

112. Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity)

1. Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allah, (the) One.
2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).
3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;
4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."

Harikrish

§7: “Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Your point is? :D Or are you now agreeing with the Quran?

Sheesh - did you not know that by quoting John S Mill, you are also agreeing with the ayah above?

You ever heard the the adage, God works in subtle and mysterious ways ??

:)

Scimi

mahasn ebn sawresho

It took me 65 years to find Islam 45 or so years as a Christian, Followed by 20 years as an Atheist.
Although I had read the Qur'an many times, I did not see it as a Holy Book. I used it as a study guide of the Arabic Language.

Then after the death of my second wife I came across my old Qur'an that I had not read in perhaps 30 years

In 2004 We were living in the small town of Tennessee Colony. Texas a very Red Neck town smack in the Center of the Bible Belt. I was diagnosed with lung cancer and began preparing for my final days. But my wife passed away suddenly just a few weeks after my diagnosis. I went into a very deep depression and began drinking quite heavily. In May of 2005 I realized the stupidity of my drunken binge sobered up and set forth to regain control of my life. I began with a general clean up of the house. During my clean up I found my old Qur'an in Arabic that I had bought while I was a student at Rabat. I had bought it as a study guide to help me learn to read Arabic.
It had been many years since I had last read anything in Arabic. I was curious as to if I could still read it. I opened it to Surah Fatiha and the first line literally jumped out at me.
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem. "In the name of Allaah, the provider, the Most merciful"
It was like the words glowed and completly filled me with an inner peace I never felt before.

I turned back to the preface and saw it was the supplication:
“Auzu Billahi Mina Al Shaytan Al Rajeem”.
(In Allaah(swt) I seek refuge from the evils of Satan)
After over 20 years of not speaking Arabic it all flowed back to me. I could not stop reading and I was not simply reading words, the feeling of each ayyat came upon me with an indescribable warmth and sense of understanding. I could not stop. I do not know how long I read I know it was for at least 48 hours and I still could not stop the feeling was so powerful and filling me with a strong sense of love and joy on the morning of what I believe was the 3rd day I finally set the Qur'an down and knew I was Muslim. I instantly said the Shahadah and knew I was now part of the Ummah. I did not even know if there were any Muslims in Texas much less if there were any Mosques.

The 3 Surat that impressed me the most

1. Surah Al-Fatihah

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
6. Guide us to the Straight Way
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger nor of those who went astray

109. Surah Al-Kaafiroon (The Disbelievers)

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!
2. "I worship not that which you worship,
3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.
5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

112. Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity)

1. Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allah, (the) One.
2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).
3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;
4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Do you know the verse that says show us the right path the path of those who dwelled on them is wrath and not stray
From themidst ofthe verses of the Qur'an
Because this verse is a call to hatred
Do you know that the wrath they stray Christians and Jews
Do you thinkthat Godencourageshatred
Goddistinguishes betweencult
Wrathon them
So why did he create them
This Godwhobelieved inGodpsychopath
Creates and curse
Well
Do you can you Muslim now
Givethe meaning ofthe following verse
Decide on thehand of thefather offlame
Amraethwoodstrap
Do you believeGodsaysthese words
Do you know how he came to Muhammad and the Angel is in the arms of Khadija
And now I ask you an important question
Are you sayingthat Islambelievesinmonotheism
Well
You have to remember the name of Mohammed with God in the Islamic creed
Do youacceptIslam
Thatsays
Dobut Godonly
Have you fully
Askany Muslim
Mohammed's involvementwith God
Are theconditions ofIslamicfaith
Notonlydobut Godsays
But mustsay
Mohamedwillwith God
Hereto sharedivinitywithcreature
And here there is no standardization of absolute
And you say you are a Christian you already
Do you know thePsalmsDaoud
Do you know that Jews believe in absolute Monotheism by Muhammad in the 4000 years
And Mohammed invents them said their alkghadob them
I invite you to read the concept of burner and copied in the Qur'an
And read that God Foxy
And read the verses of the fighting
It is important to read the way Muhammad and his marriage with the love of Christ
YouknowI am presentingyoua new
I forgot thatI will tell youtoread thenext verse
And to you for the face and the RBC provision order written off
Avisitto hellisGod's inevitable
If you speak Arabic read this verse, I know tvsirataa
Youwill visithell
Greetings to you from the Qur'an

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Do you know the verse that says show us the right path the path of those who dwelled on them is wrath and not stray
From themidst ofthe verses of the Qur'an
Because this verse is a call to hatred
Do you know that the wrath they stray Christians and Jews
Do you thinkthat Godencourageshatred
Goddistinguishes betweencult
Wrathon them
So why did he create them
This Godwhobelieved inGodpsychopath
Creates and curse
Well
Do you can you Muslim now
Givethe meaning ofthe following verse
Decide on thehand of thefather offlame
Amraethwoodstrap
Do you believeGodsaysthese words
Do you know how he came to Muhammad and the Angel is in the arms of Khadija
And now I ask you an important question
Are you sayingthat Islambelievesinmonotheism
Well
You have to remember the name of Mohammed with God in the Islamic creed
Do youacceptIslam
Thatsays
Dobut Godonly
Have you fully
Askany Muslim
Mohammed's involvementwith God
Are theconditions ofIslamicfaith
Notonlydobut Godsays
But mustsay
Mohamedwillwith God
Hereto sharedivinitywithcreature
And here there is no standardization of absolute
And you say you are a Christian you already
Do you know thePsalmsDaoud
Do you know that Jews believe in absolute Monotheism by Muhammad in the 4000 years
And Mohammed invents them said their alkghadob them
I invite you to read the concept of burner and copied in the Qur'an
And read that God Foxy
And read the verses of the fighting
It is important to read the way Muhammad and his marriage with the love of Christ
YouknowI am presentingyoua new
I forgot thatI will tell youtoread thenext verse
And to you for the face and the RBC provision order written off
Avisitto hellisGod's inevitable
If you speak Arabic read this verse, I know tvsirataa
Youwill visithell
Greetings to you from the Qur'an

Yes I do read Arabic, write it also.

At the Moment I am just addressing this part:

"You have to remember the name of Mohammed with God in the Islamic creed"

I assume you mean the Shahadah. My Avatar is the Shahadah written in a decorative Arabic script.

It reads: "La ilaha illa-llah, Muhammadu-rasulu-llah"

Translated it means: "There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

I really doubt any Muslim understands that as Reverence of Muhammad(saws). It is acknowledgement that the Qur'an is the final revelation and no more Prophets will be sent.

muhammad ariki

Fighting disbelievers is not as first without a preceding reason. It comes as a reaction for act by disbelievers against Muslims
We are never asked to begin a war with them just as a hostility towards them
We are asked by Quran to oppose the hostility by nice and convincing ways to our enemies but if they start fighting we should defend our selfs so we are not hostile and aggressive but some Muslim people act or react wrongly that's why other people take a wrong impression about Islam
Thank u

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Sheesh - did you not know that by quoting John S Mill, you are also agreeing with the ayah above?

Scimi

Scimitar, you can argue from faith or you can argue from reason. You don't get to have it both ways. :)

If you try, I'll be forced to cite my invisible friend Lucy who is never wrong... Lucy's opinions are unfalsifiable.

Harikrish

Scimi
Imagine if God chose to reveal the Quran to an educated person instead of an illiterate Arab. Islam would have attracted educated people instead of the 800 million illiterate Muslim believers it has today, Islam would have paved a way for civilized societies very different from its current direction.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Imagine if God chose to reveal the Quran to an educated person instead of an illiterate Arab. Islam would have attracted educated people instead of the 800 million illiterate Muslim believers it has today, Islam would have paved a way for civilized societies very different from its current direction.

Does an illiterate person means not educated for you ?

And from were come this number of "800 millions" illiterate muslims by the way ?

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Islam does stress education and a good many of the world's Muslims are very well educated. While many Arabs were illiterate during the time of Muhammad(saws) one needs to remember Arabic was just beginning to form a written alphabet. By the time of Muhammad(saws) death most Arabs had become very prolific writers.

mahasn ebn sawresho

to--Woodrow LI

Sahih Bukhari-Zakat-charity and its milk to use Apple to wayfarers-Hadith: (1405)

-Tell us: outstanding, tell us: Yahia, from the Division, told us qatada, from Anas: (t): the NASA of his den agtowa city permits them the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) to come to Apple, drink from its milk to charity and her urines and killed the Shepherd wastakwa defence, sent the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) came to them, cut off their hands and feet and eyes and leave them to sue the free bite the stones.

mahasn ebn sawresho

to--Woodrow LI
This is the Prophetwhobelieves
Readhowthesekillers
A Muslim wrote
Wastakwa defence, sent the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) came to them, cut off their hands and feet and eyes and leave them to sue the free bite the stones.

mahasn ebn sawresho

§7: “Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
This verse was abrogated and abolitionist
The next verse
They fought who don't they believe in God and the last day of the Jews and Christians
Herefightingorders
I meankill

mahasn ebn sawresho

Islam does stress education and a good many of the world's Muslims are very well educated. While many Arabs were illiterate during the time of Muhammad(saws) one needs to remember Arabic was just beginning to form a written alphabet. By the time of Muhammad(saws) death most Arabs had become very prolific writers.
Lie to you and say the Arabs are illiterate
In thedays ofMohammedare notilliterate,meaningthey do notknow how to read or write
But do not have a book like Jews and Christians
Muhammad was known to read and write to laugh at you
These simplistic ideas

mahasn ebn sawresho

Yes I do read Arabic, write it also.

At the Moment I am just addressing this part:

I assume you mean the Shahadah. My Avatar is the Shahadah written in a decorative Arabic script.

It reads: "La ilaha illa-llah, Muhammadu-rasulu-llah"

Translated it means: "There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

I really doubt any Muslim understands that as Reverence of Muhammad(saws). It is acknowledgement that the Qur'an is the final revelation and no more Prophets will be sent.
You read and write in Arabic language
Welltype:
That says
Youvisithell
Write it inEnglish
And you go forth in Arabic language and search for the meaning of the verse in Arabic language
You enter them and that was ordered by the RBC and spend
Do you knowthat youwill visithell
Differentinterpretationstothis verse
But clear
And his mind for thinking
Congratsyouvisit
Fun

mahasn ebn sawresho

to--Scimitar
In God you
I ask you and I want you to answer Frank
You are thewomanI wentto heaven