• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Mystical Experiences Like?

atanu

Premium Member
Yeah. The description I just used is a mere approximation that doesn't even come close to how the actual experience felt. It's impossible to convey the feeling to someone who hasn't experienced it. It's like trying to describe an orgasm to a prepubescent child, or, as you said, trying to describe color to a blind man.

A valid corollary is that we cannot very easily reject the teachings (of scripture and of sages) about God. As per scripture and realised teachers the God is one who lovingly wants us to realise that brick-mortar bodily localised experiences are just that --- localised temporary experiences of non local consciousness that one really is.

???

mystic64

nolonger active
Be sure you take your fuzzy blanket if you try.

I always take my fuzzy blanket with me Crossfire :) , we talked about that in my intoduction topic back when I was a newbe :) .

Oh oh an echo! Management I am getting a free posting credit and that is just not right :) .