• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What A Horrible Way To Go

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Very claustrophobia inducing.
(I could never become a spelunker.)

Vietnamese boy trapped in pillar confirmed dead
Excerpted...
Authorities have confirmed the 10-year-old Vietnamese boy who fell into a hollow concrete pillar on New Year's Eve has died.

Thai Ly Hao Nam fell into the 25cm (12-inch) wide shaft of the pillar at a construction site while searching for scrap metal.

Rescuers in the province of Dong Thap tried to raise the pillar from its 35-metre deep hole and cut the boy out.

Authorities are now working to recover his body for burial.

Doan Tan Buu, deputy chief of the southern Vietnam province said there was not enough oxygen for him to survive and that he had suffered multiple injuries.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Very claustrophobia inducing.
(I could never become a spelunker.)

Vietnamese boy trapped in pillar confirmed dead
Excerpted...
Authorities have confirmed the 10-year-old Vietnamese boy who fell into a hollow concrete pillar on New Year's Eve has died.

Thai Ly Hao Nam fell into the 25cm (12-inch) wide shaft of the pillar at a construction site while searching for scrap metal.

Rescuers in the province of Dong Thap tried to raise the pillar from its 35-metre deep hole and cut the boy out.

Authorities are now working to recover his body for burial.

Doan Tan Buu, deputy chief of the southern Vietnam province said there was not enough oxygen for him to survive and that he had suffered multiple injuries.
Very sad. Seems he didn't have much chance of surviving that. A similar thing happened in the UK decades ago - but in an actual cave - Peak Cavern, and where this too was basically a very narrow shaft and with not much access. He too died, even though they tried everything to get him out.