• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What’s wrong with those people who live with dogs?

sovietchild

There is a famous hadith in Islam: “Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog.” Dogs don’t belong in a 2-bedroom apartment, they belong in the wild. Is it not a bit of a torment? What are those people doing living with dogs? And, what is wrong with them?

One day, I told my co-worker who is Christian about this angel thing, and his reply was like "nothing new" "I keep them outside" and then he said something about bad spirits. All the Mexicans (or native people) that I know that has dogs usually keep them outside. In Thailand, they do the same - they keep dogs outside.

Now, the tiny dogs. Humans have invented tiny dogs. For what? To make themselves happy? A stress reliever? How can those tiny dogs survive on their own in the wild?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
There is a famous hadith in Islam: “Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog.” Dogs don’t belong in a 2-bedroom apartment, they belong in the wild. Is it not a bit of a torment? What are those people doing living with dogs? And, what is wrong with them?

One day, I told my co-worker who is Christian about this angel thing, and his reply was like "nothing new" "I keep them outside" and then he said something about bad spirits. All the Mexicans (or native people) that I know that has dogs usually keep them outside. In Thailand, they do the same - they keep dogs outside.

Now, the tiny dogs. Humans have invented tiny dogs. For what? To make themselves happy? A stress reliever? How can those tiny dogs survive on their own in the wild?

Yes, definitely something amiss with those who have tiny dogs, but anyone with a Labrador is not amiss.

Reggie Miller

I know just the thing to do.

Stop putting your faith in famous hadiths.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
IF....
If you can live without caffeine,

If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him or her,

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can honestly say that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion, gender preference, or politics,

--Then you have almost reached the same level of spiritual development as your dog!
:)
Tom

interminable

منتظر
This is one of the virtues of some western countries that count a dog as a family member.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that they have emptiness. Instead of spiritual growth they use dogs not to feel lonely.

Thank goodness he declared dogs and pigs as two unclean animals
Again thank goodness that ordered not to pray while there is (even single one) hair of wild animals on the cloth of prayerer

Kirran

Premium Member
This is one of the virtues of some western countries that count a dog as a family member.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that they have emptiness. Instead of spiritual growth they use dogs not to feel lonely.

Thank goodness he declared dogs and pigs as unclean animals
Again thank goodness that ordered not to pray while there is (even single one) hair of wild animals on the cloth of prayerer

I hope one day you actually get to know some Westerners to shake some of your prejudices.

Kirran

Premium Member
No need
In Iran we have them and I can see clearly what made them to keep dogs

Dogs are kept a lot in many areas of the world, this isn't some Western invention. We had a dog in the family, she died when I was about 4, haven't had one since. She didn't get to come in the house, was a sheepdog.

The cats are allowed in the house all the time now, as my father's gradually been persuaded :p

My point was more general, anyway.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Wtf is up with the dog hate in some countries? What's wrong with those people? I love dogs. My Golden Retriever can't live with me right now, but I love him and miss him so much. He's my best buddy and a reason for me to stay alive. He was the last gift my mom got me before she passed. Dogs are domesticated canids, not wild animals. I couldn't imagine keeping him outside all the time. That would be cruel and animal abuse and torture. He'd die. You realize not everyone lives in hot places, right? You keep a dog outside here in the winter and they'll be dead. Hell, in the summer they'll be dead if you keep them outside for too long, as well. Anyone who does that should be dead, too. My dog is a companion animal. He is not a guard dog. Guard dogs are pretty dumb now since people have guns, anyway.

You don't like dogs? Get a cat, then. But don't judge people who have them. And stop spamming the boards with these stupid, rude threads. You've got to be breaking some rule with this crap. I'm about to put you on ignore.

Last edited:

Jedster

Cat know the truth about Dogs
atheist_cat_demote_by_marsmar.jpg

QuestioningMind

Humans have been living with dogs, both inside and out, for well over 10,000 years. Unless you can point out some negative results of this relationship, who the heck cares what some famous hadith said?

sovietchild

Humans have been living with dogs, both inside and out, for well over 10,000 years. Unless you can point out some negative results of this relationship, who the heck cares what some famous hadith said?

Several Muslim scholars believe that the saliva of a dog is impure and thus the animals cannot be kept as a pet. "It is not permissible for a Muslim to keep a dog, unless he needs this dog for hunting, guarding livestock or guarding crops.

It is NOT haram to own a dog, though it is not hygienic to keep a dog in the house. It is NOT haram to touch a dog or any other animal. If the saliva of a dog touches you or any part of your clothing, then it is required of you to wash the body part touched and the item of clothing touched by the dog's mouth or snout.

Flame

Beware
Cat know the truth about Dogs
atheist_cat_demote_by_marsmar.jpg

0.jpg

Several Muslim scholars believe that the saliva of a dog is impure and thus the animals cannot be kept as a pet. "It is not permissible for a Muslim to keep a dog, unless he needs this dog for hunting, guarding livestock or guarding crops.

It is NOT haram to own a dog, though it is not hygienic to keep a dog in the house. It is NOT haram to touch a dog or any other animal. If the saliva of a dog touches you or any part of your clothing, then it is required of you to wash the body part touched and the item of clothing touched by the dog's mouth or snout.

Human mouths are also pretty filthy. Time to keep the humans out of the house.