• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What’s the best generation and why?

Truth&Hope

Jesus Freak
Gen X rules because we were raised with the moral code, values, and work ethics of the Baby Boomers and we understand technology; it’s benefits as well as how it is instrumental in our demise.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hard to tell.

Definitely past generations proved much more stable whereas now, in today's generation, mass killing and psychopaths roam the lands in the numbers like they do today is unparalleled in modern era.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Gen X rules because we were raised with the moral code, values, and work ethics of the Baby Boomers and we understand technology; it’s benefits as well as how it is instrumental in our demise.
Boomers.
We fought for - and gained some - human rights.
It went all downhill from there on. ;-)

Whatever one I am in is the best and all of the others are less good, especially those containing people older or younger than me. They are the worst.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what’s-the-best-generation-and-why

I'm a boomer, answering as an American. I think that I was born at the optimal time, so I'll have to give the nod to the generation or two that preceded mine and made that world possible, especially the Greatest Generation:
  • The Greatest Generation (born 1901–1927)
  • The Silent Generation (born 1928–1945)
  • Baby Boomers (born 1946–1964)
  • Generation X (born 1965–1980)
  • Millennials (born 1981–1995)
  • Generation Z (born 1996–2010)
  • Generation Alpha (born 2011–2025)
Which generation did the most damage? Boomers didn't do too well by the world. Neither has Generation X. It's a little early to judge later generations.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a boomer, answering as an American. I think that I was born at the optimal time, so I'll have to give the nod to the generation or two that preceded mine and made that world possible, especially the Greatest Generation:
Which generation did the most damage? Boomers didn't do too well by the world. Neither has Generation X. It's a little early to judge later generations.

I sometimes wonder how it gets decided, since I notice that the number of years attributed to each generation is different. The Greatest Generation spans 26 years, while the Silent Generation is 17 years, and the Boomers are 18 years. As I was born in late 1963, I'm thinking I could just as easily be Generation X - and I tend to identify more with that generation than with the Boomers.

Apart from that, I've always thought it was rather silly to compare which generation is better or best. Every generation has a mixed bag of heroes and villains - along with a whole lot of others who are in between.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm counting Victorians just as one generation.

It's them.

Audie

Veteran Member

My generation, coz its got me in it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Don't mind me if I don't join wholeheartedly in what I tend to see as a futile discussion, given that I can't really assign especial value to any particular generation, and given that as to such they have to deal with the conditions within which they find themselves, chosen or not. And often as not, perhaps not being able to fully place themselves in the lives of those preceding them, even their own parents. Given it is often the parents that tend to influence or initiate much of that which happens in the lives of their offspring. So I am not likely to be judgmental towards any particular generation. My father had to endure two world wars, one as a child, and a leaving school age of 14 or even younger, so he tends to get a pass for what he might have had to endure in his life.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Interestingly, some of the great rockers of the 60s were actually from the Slient Generation (1927-1945), not the Boomers.

So, when The Who was singing "My Generation," they were talking about the Silent Generation - yet The Who was pretty loud.

The Beatles and the Rolling Stones were also part of the Silent Generation.

Twilight Hue

I'd be happy in a smokey bar room playing low stakes pool and eating fried food cooked in beef tallow in the seventies.

Life was good for awhile and things tasted great.

Twilight Hue

The eighties were terrible. Commonly referred to as the "me generation". Horrible hair, artificial music..

Things were in downfall but it really took a massive tumble to what we have today.