• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Westboro Baptist Church

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Have you just found out about them. These sick people have been around for awhile now.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I've known about them for a while, now.

It is difficult for me to not bear hatred for these people.

But I try anyway, to recognize that these people are just people who believe what they believe and are rather noisy about it.

But they're harmless, as far as I'm concerned.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What are your opinions on this radical Christian branch?
The proper response to this kind of thing is to totally ignore it. They crave attention and will do anything they can think of to get it. By giving them attention we are rewarding them for this kind of activity. They do not deserve to be rewarded, they deserve to be ignored. Please stop giving them free publicity.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
They are not harmless. Far from it. The real problem with Phelps is he gives great legitimacy and mainstream value to people like Dobson and Rick Warren because people then look that them and say, "well, at least they aren't as bad as Phelps," when they hold the essentially same views and beliefs about gay people that Phelps does.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
They are not harmless. Far from it. The real problem with Phelps is he gives great legitimacy and mainstream value to people like Dobson and Rick Warren because people then look that them and say, "well, at least they aren't as bad as Phelps," when they hold the essentially same views and beliefs about gay people that Phelps does.

That's for the people to decide for themselves, and this church has no control over how they react.

And Fantome Profane is right. Any publicity is good publicity. It's really just best to ignore these people.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Well you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist if you want to. I prefer to keep an eye on evil and know what they are doing.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well you can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist if you want to. I prefer to keep an eye on evil and know what they are doing.
Fine, I have no problem with that. All I ask is that people think twice before giving these people free publicity. Is this really a message that people want to help spread? Most of the people who put these kind of things up on Youtube would never dream of promoting this kind of ideology. But that is exactly what they are doing.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

Whoever said I was pretending they don't exist? I know they exist. I also know the Mafia exists. Does it mean I have to pay attention to them?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
What are your opinions on this radical Christian branch? I think they're crazy as ****.

YouTube - westboro pwnd by anonymous
YouTube - Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News
YouTube - Crazy Phelps Family on Tyra Part 1
YouTube - The Crazy Phelps Family On Tyra Banks Show Part 2
YouTube - crazy ***** on fox

They're saying "Thank God for dead soldiers" "Thank God for 9/11" "Thank God for Hurricane Katrina" "Thank God for AIDS"

Seriously, ***?
They are a sick and twisted group.

And if anyone ever tells you they represent the majority of Christianity, slap them in the face.

I wonder if I can find the video of a group of bikers who follow this group to the different funerals they attempt to protest at. Whenever this church shows up at a soldiers funeral this group of bikers line the street and rev their bikes to drown out their yelling.

horizon_mj1

What I find massively incredible is that these people claim to be preaching God's word; they are complete bigots; Judge not least ye be judged; Christ even stated that judgement is not his but his Father's. Talk about a double standard. I agree these people thrive off of getting media attention, other wise they would not do the things that they do. I had forgot how massively annoying and wrong these people are in their conceptually twisted view of some one they claim to know. Apparently they do not believe that angels or demons exist although they claim to believe the Bible. I could go on and on, but I'll spare the space. I just would like to be there when/if judgement is passed to the people who think they are ordained to speak for God. They believe He created everything and apparently only shows himself through evil and wickedness. I just don't get it!?!?!?!?