• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We're watching the largest and most dangerous 'cult' in American history"

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is why most Republican Candidates are running on a remove the cancer platform, so the country can heal. As long as the DNC/Swamp cancer is there, the country will stay sick and feverish, unable to heal. There are already many signs of a strong immune response. A new social virus set of lies may not work like it once did.
If I recall, one Donald Trump campaigned on a "drain the swamp" ticket, and the Republicans won both houses and the White House -- and then proceeded to stack SCOTUS as well (though they lost the House in the mid-terms). So basically, they owned the lot! They could do anything that they wanted to do -- and what was it they wanted to do? They became the swamp!

The "strong immune response" is precisely because the Republicans so perfectly mimics the virus they think they're against!

wellwisher

I find it sad to see people get so bound up in their conspiracy theories that they neither can nor will look at the truth, which is available for all to see. Remember this: when Trump won in 2016, the Republicans won both House and Senate. The American government was all theirs. And yet, Trump's own DOJ refuted the claims of Obama's spying, among lots of other such nonsense. HIS OWN DOJ!

As part of a large, baseless conspiracy theory, Donald Trump posited that Barack Obama had spied on him, which Trump described as "the biggest political crime in American history, by far." The series of accusations have been nicknamed Obamagate. Obama had served as President of the United States from 2009 until 2017, when Trump succeeded him; Trump served as president until 2021.
During key points of the 2020 campaign, including the Republican National Convention and both presidential debates, Trump frequently repeated this theory, claiming "they spied on my campaign" in reference to these allegations.
The specific allegations of inappropriate politically motivated surveillance or "spying" all involve the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Crossfire Hurricane investigation of the Trump campaign and transition and their ties to Russia.
No evidence has been found that legal surveillance, as part of Crossfire Hurricane, was at the direction of Obama, Obama administration political officials or improper deep state influence, or that the Steele dossier was used to launched the Russia probe, or that the surveillance was designed to surveil the Trump campaign and Trump White House transition team for political purposes.
Specific actions undertaken by the FBI that have been highlighted include the use of an informant who met with Trump advisors Sam Clovis, George Papadopoulos, and Carter Page, as well as obtaining a FISA warrant to legally surveil Carter Page after he left the Trump campaign.
The Inspector General report on the Crossfire Hurricane investigation did not find evidence that "political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page", but did point out serious inconsistencies and improper procedures that were followed with regard to the obtaining of the warrants.
Trump has claimed that as part of Crossfire Hurricane, his "wires" at Trump Tower were wiretapped. This was refuted by Trump's own Justice Department. In addition, Trump has claimed that after the Crossfire Hurricane investigation recorded Michael Flynn's conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, Flynn was improperly "unmasked". This was also refuted by the Trump Justice Department.
The reason was Trump, with both the House and Senate, did not get the benefit of the doubt, was he was an outsider to everyone in both parties of career politicians. He was not prepared to deal with the swamp insiders or all the insiders in his own party; Romney. His AG was Jeff Sessions who had been in Washington DC, since George Washington. Sessions was friend with Biden and all the senior members from both sides. His loyalty was not with Trump. Trump was his boss. Session was chosen by the council of others for insider insurance. He was not picked to be Trump's ally and gun. Session would not turn on Obama, not knowing Trump very well.

Being part of the Insiders, Sessions was not 100% sure of Trump. He still listened to the Swamp, more than to this new guy, who wanted to shake up the status quo. Sessions did a good job with the border and cartel gangs, but he did not want to make waves, among his long time peers. He did not act to protect Trump like Garland does for Biden by stacking the injustice department docket. After the Mueller report made it clear Trump was railroaded, Trump's support within his own party improved. The political ramifications to support him were lifted. Trump was becoming part of the insider crowd, but only in his own party ,which rallied around him.

If Trump was to get in again, he knows where it made mistakes in terms of allowing himself to become vulnerable to the swamp insiders. I would guess he would already have a full transition team of loyal supporters, to fill all the positions he needs to fill, to make sure, this time, there are no swamp plants to spy and sabotage him like the first time, when he was too trusting and too slow to get the bad apples out.

Trump knows how the system work, where the Skeltons are, who to fire, so he can fortify his position, as do the Democrat insiders. Hunter Biden has been protected for years since he leads to President Biden. This protection among thieves is how insider stuff works. Outsider stuff is the opposite. It gets no benefit of the doubt and will be railroaded, given the chance.

Have you even gone to a new school and not know anyone? There will be a group of insiders who will make your life harder, especially if you try to get too popular, too fast. That was Trump then, but now he knows the school and has the dirt on the pretentious. This is why the swamp is not even hidden their injustice. That is a show of force to all who even try to do this again. Trump is not backing down since these crooks need to go.

I heard that Trump is already selling his mug shot on mugs and T-shirts. He is ahead of the swamp. Now they cannot use it for a propaganda head on a stick. They will need to pay Trump for the likeness. It is like the Road Runner and Wile E coyote; meep meep!

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The reason was, Trump was an outsider. He not prepared to deal with the swamp insiders or even all the insiders in his own party. His AG was Jeff Sessions who had been in Washington DC, since George Washington. Sessions was friends with Biden and all the senior members from both sides. His loyalty was not with Trump. Trump was a job. Session was there for insider insurance.

Being part of the Insiders, Sessions was not 100% sure of Trump. He still listened to the Swamp, more than to this new guy, who wanted to shake up the status quo. Session did a good job with the border and cartel gangs, but he did not want to make waves, among his long time peers, so he did not act to protect Trump like Garland does for Biden. After the Mueller report made it clear Trump was railroaded, Trump's support within his own party improved. He was becoming part of the insider crowd, but only in one party which rallied around him.

If Trump was to get in again, he knows where it made mistakes in terms of allowing himself to become vulnerable to the swamp insiders. I would guess he would already have a full transition team of loyal supporters, to fill all the positions he need to fill, to make sure, this time, there are no swamp plants to spy and sabotage him like the first time.

Trump knows how the system work, where the Skeltons are, who to fire so he could fortify his position, as do the Democrat insiders. Hunter Biden has been protected for years since he leads to President Biden. This protection among thieves is how insider stuff works. Outsider stuff is the opposite It gets no benefit of the doubt and will be railroaded, given the chance.

Have you even gone to a new school and not know anyone? There will be a group of insiders who will make you life harder, especially if you try to get too populate to fast. That was Trump then, but now he knows the school and has the dirt on the pretentious. This is why the swamp is not even hidden their injustice. That is a show of force to all who even try to do this again. Trump is not backing down since these crooks need to go.
You keep ignoring the fact that Trump became the swamp. You need to find another pejorative. You are shooting yourself in the foot with the one that you are using now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The "strong immune response" is precisely because the Republicans so perfectly mimics the virus they think they're against!
It's terrifying that the fascists our parents and grandparents fought to save Western Democracy from has regained a foothold, and thise who scream to be about freedom the most loudest while thumping a Bible amd cocking a gun is it's new inage.

wellwisher

You keep ignoring the fact that Trump became the swamp. You need to find another pejorative. You are shooting yourself in the foot with the one that you are using now.
You do not seem to know what the Swamp is. The Left does not explain this to their base.

The Swamp is the Bureaucratic State. The Bureaucratic state are the long term government employees, usually those in high positions, still loyal to their glory days appointers. Politician come and go, based on the political climate, but their political appointees and various people promoted, as new programs are added, can work in the bureaucracy long after their their Appointer is gone. If they both maintain contact, you have insider influence.

Hillary Clinton did not see justice for her influence peddling schemes, private email server, and destroying evidence, because the Democrats had people in place in the swamp. James Comey the Director the FBI , when Trump entered office, was hired by Obama in 2013. His loyalties were already fixed to Obama. This made the collusion Coup easier to do and would help Hillary escape justice.

It is very tough to fire government workers, making the Swamp linger. I am sure Trump has his own appointees, but these are new swamp, compared to the entrenched hidden swamp that took years to move up the ranks. Obama knew about the Bureaucratic state and made a lot of additions, which came in handy, when he needed a pardon, while out of office; Hillary.

Draining the swamp is about breaking up the entrenched bureaucratic chain of command. This got Trump in trouble since grooming influence inside government, takes years to do, and this is too valuable to lose. But Trump is determined to break up the syndicate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You do not seem to know what the Swamp is. The Left does not explain this to their base.

The Swamp is the Bureaucratic State. The Bureaucratic state are the long term government employees, usually those in high positions, still loyal to their glory days appointers. Politician come and go, based on the political climate, but their political appointees and various people promoted, as new programs are added, can work in the bureaucracy long after their their Appointer is gone. If they both maintain contact, you have insider influence.

Hillary Clinton did not see justice for her influence peddling schemes, private email server, and destroying evidence, because the Democrats had people in place in the swamp. James Comey the Director the FBI , when Trump entered office, was hired by Obama in 2013. His loyalties were already fixed to Obama. This made the collusion Coup easier to do and would help Hillary escape justice.

It is very tough to fire government workers, making the Swamp linger. I am sure Trump has his own appointees, but these are new swamp, compared to the entrenched hidden swamp that took years to move up the ranks. Obama knew about the Bureaucratic state and made a lot of additions, which came in handy, when he needed a pardon, while out of office; Hillary.

Draining the swamp is about breaking up the entrenched bureaucratic chain of command. This got Trump in trouble since grooming influence inside government, takes years to do, and this is too valuable to lose. But Trump is determined to break up the syndicate.
No, that is your definition of a non-existent "swamp". We do need experienced bureaucrats. Even Trump was not so stupid not to realize that. That is why the employees of the government were almost untouched during his term. The worst thing that we could do would be to fire everyone and hire a bunch of incompetents. You need to drop the conspiracy theory nonsense that keeps showing up in your posts. Believe it or not most bureaucrats are patriots that want to make the US better.

Perhaps what you want is not exactly patriotic. Have you thought that that might be the case? I have seen that you are a AGW denier. AGW is going to be very bad for the US, and the rest of the world, in the long run. A true patriot would be trying to limit it, not make excuses for it. You probably believed Trump's election lies. Many of the vote counters that opposed him were Republicans. They showed that they are definitely patriots, unlike the majority of Republicans today.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

In your argument, have you considered which party has had the most control over the past -- let's say -- 50 years? My own view is that this flips back and forth, and the party in power makes such appointments as it pleases and hires and fires according to its own agenda. "The Swamp," as you and Trump like to call it, has been a joint effort.

My own observations have led me to think that by and large, civil servants are not hugely partisan, but tend more to follow the rules of the day. Consider the testimony given to the January 6 Committee by Rusty Bowers -- a Republican himself -- who refused attempts to have him falsify the election results. "I took an oath," he told the committee, and refused. And he is out of a job as a result -- thanks to the Republicans.

You want swamp? Look to your own weedy contributors.

We Never Know

No Slack
In your argument, have you considered which party has had the most control over the past -- let's say -- 50 years? My own view is that this flips back and forth, and the party in power makes such appointments as it pleases and hires and fires according to its own agenda. "The Swamp," as you and Trump like to call it, has been a joint effort.

My own observations have led me to think that by and large, civil servants are not hugely partisan, but tend more to follow the rules of the day. Consider the testimony given to the January 6 Committee by Rusty Bowers -- a Republican himself -- who refused attempts to have him falsify the election results. "I took an oath," he told the committee, and refused. And he is out of a job as a result -- thanks to the Republicans.

You want swamp? Look to your own weedy contributors.
"My own view is that this flips back and forth, and the party in power makes such appointments as it pleases and hires and fires according to its own agenda. "The Swamp," as you and Trump like to call it, has been a joint effort."

^^^^^this^^^^^

I've said it before and I will say it again...Both party's are to blame.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"My own view is that this flips back and forth, and the party in power makes such appointments as it pleases and hires and fires according to its own agenda. "The Swamp," as you and Trump like to call it, has been a joint effort."

^^^^^this^^^^^

I've said it before and I will say it again...Both party's are to blame.
And you missed the point. There is no "swamp", just regular citizens trying to do their best.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
7qj7x4.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The reason was Trump, with both the House and Senate, did not get the benefit of the doubt, was he was an outsider to everyone in both parties of career politicians. He was not prepared to deal with the swamp insiders or all the insiders in his own party; Romney. His AG was Jeff Sessions who had been in Washington DC, since George Washington. Sessions was friend with Biden and all the senior members from both sides. His loyalty was not with Trump. Trump was his boss. Session was chosen by the council of others for insider insurance. He was not picked to be Trump's ally and gun. Session would not turn on Obama, not knowing Trump very well.

Being part of the Insiders, Sessions was not 100% sure of Trump. He still listened to the Swamp, more than to this new guy, who wanted to shake up the status quo. Sessions did a good job with the border and cartel gangs, but he did not want to make waves, among his long time peers. He did not act to protect Trump like Garland does for Biden by stacking the injustice department docket. After the Mueller report made it clear Trump was railroaded, Trump's support within his own party improved. The political ramifications to support him were lifted. Trump was becoming part of the insider crowd, but only in his own party ,which rallied around him.

If Trump was to get in again, he knows where it made mistakes in terms of allowing himself to become vulnerable to the swamp insiders. I would guess he would already have a full transition team of loyal supporters, to fill all the positions he needs to fill, to make sure, this time, there are no swamp plants to spy and sabotage him like the first time, when he was too trusting and too slow to get the bad apples out.

Trump knows how the system work, where the Skeltons are, who to fire, so he can fortify his position, as do the Democrat insiders. Hunter Biden has been protected for years since he leads to President Biden. This protection among thieves is how insider stuff works. Outsider stuff is the opposite. It gets no benefit of the doubt and will be railroaded, given the chance.

Have you even gone to a new school and not know anyone? There will be a group of insiders who will make your life harder, especially if you try to get too popular, too fast. That was Trump then, but now he knows the school and has the dirt on the pretentious. This is why the swamp is not even hidden their injustice. That is a show of force to all who even try to do this again. Trump is not backing down since these crooks need to go.

I heard that Trump is already selling his mug shot on mugs and T-shirts. He is ahead of the swamp. Now they cannot use it for a propaganda head on a stick. They will need to pay Trump for the likeness. It is like the Road Runner and Wile E coyote; meep meep!
Where do people get the idea that Trump is some sort of mastermind dispite having never displayed any actual intelligence or self-awareness. If DC is the swamp, then Trump is the sewage due to his rampant corruption and criminality. Your post is a goofy fan-fic.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

This time finish the job.

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, that is your definition of a non-existent "swamp". We do need experienced bureaucrats. Even Trump was not so stupid not to realize that. That is why the employees of the government were almost untouched during his term.
Well, he had to realise it eventually. What you call "the swamp", I think of the "deep state". Those who carry the state but are not at the surface, not visible. And they do have some power. If congress makes a law or the Prez an Executive Order, the deep state has to find a way to implement that - or defy the order in sometimes creative ways. You can't rule against the deep state.
Trump learned that when he ordered the troops stationed in Germany to relocate. The generals said "Yes, Sir" - and did nothing, simply ignoring the order. Not one soldier left Germany in the year between Trump's order and Biden's cancelling of the order.

wellwisher

No, that is your definition of a non-existent "swamp". We do need experienced bureaucrats. Even Trump was not so stupid not to realize that. That is why the employees of the government were almost untouched during his term. The worst thing that we could do would be to fire everyone and hire a bunch of incompetents. You need to drop the conspiracy theory nonsense that keeps showing up in your posts. Believe it or not most bureaucrats are patriots that want to make the US better.

Perhaps what you want is not exactly patriotic. Have you thought that that might be the case? I have seen that you are a AGW denier. AGW is going to be very bad for the US, and the rest of the world, in the long run. A true patriot would be trying to limit it, not make excuses for it. You probably believed Trump's election lies. Many of the vote counters that opposed him were Republicans. They showed that they are definitely patriots, unlike the majority of Republicans today.
The rank and file of the bureaucracy, is not the problem. These people do their jobs with pride and give their families a good life through college and their own retirement; 85 points.

The problem is more connected to those with ambition, who wish to make up the ladder to the top. They know that politics is a big part of the Government management game and that allies in high places, is what you need. However, this comes with a quid pro quo price. In politics, nothing is free, but all can be traded.

For example, the teacher's union contribute heavily to the Democrat party. The quid pro quo for these large contributions to Democrats is the Democrats politicians get money for teachers and leverage for educational changes. The teachers, after getting that, will then be asked to teach Democrat social engineering, like transgender studies that benefit the Democrat party. Transgender does not benefit the Right. The politicians also plant activist Judges, who will fight for teacher rights to indoctrinate students. Both parties do it for their donor base. Welcome to the Swamp.

Trump invested heavily in the Military. But he could not quid pro quo armies and national defense in trade for the $100's of billions he invest in the Military. Trump could not call in a favor during Jan 6, to have the Navy Seals storm the Capital. However, the Democrat planted activist Judges could help the Democrat, by making decisions that could block Trump and make his base appear more guilty than they were; over kill in terms of jailing. However, Trump being connected to the Military, may have made it harder for the Democrats in the FBI and CIA swamps, to take excessive action to far outside the law; insurrection. They had to game near the law.

Defense lawyers are also a group that contributes heavily to the Democrat Party. The quid pro quo for defense lawyer donations can explain the coddling of criminals; more criminals. More criminals means more violations and more need for defense lawyer jobs. This is not optimized for the citizens, but maximizes Defense lawyer donations to the Left. Defense lawyers can not make out as well with the Republicans, who are tougher on crime, so they donate Left, knowing they are slack on crime. The Democrats also like to make lots of new laws, to create new classes of violations to defend; gas stoves.

The global warming gravy train is run by the Democrats. Expect a very partisan quid pro quo system to keep the gravy train flowing. The Democrats like to grow Government, which gives them a means to stack the overall growing swamp deck in their favor. If you shrink government, this is better for the tax payers, but it reduces your party's swamp rank and file.

The exception to shrinking government is you reduce Government by reducing the pet Swamp programs of your opponent. Obama defunded NASA, since it was in Republican country. Those who were left in NASA, were afraid to lose their cushy positions, so they learn to play ball better; Climate change.

Fauci, who seemed to favor the policy choices of the Left, tells us who buttered his bread.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, he had to realise it eventually. What you call "the swamp", I think of the "deep state". Those who carry the state but are not at the surface, not visible. And they do have some power. If congress makes a law or the Prez an Executive Order, the deep state has to find a way to implement that - or defy the order in sometimes creative ways. You can't rule against the deep state.
Trump learned that when he ordered the troops stationed in Germany to relocate. The generals said "Yes, Sir" - and did nothing, simply ignoring the order. Not one soldier left Germany in the year between Trump's order and Biden's cancelling of the order.

I interpreted "the swamp" (or "deep state") as being a reference to the corruption of special interests and manifested in "iron triangles," which even Reagan acknowledged the existence of. Iron triangle (US politics) - Wikipedia

I suppose there are equally creative ways a national leader can deal with an entrenched bureaucracy.

Whateverist

I interpreted "the swamp" (or "deep state") as being a reference to the corruption of special interests

Pretty sure “deep space” is Newspeak for we tried to circumvent existing election protocols but were stopped by the other side’s clinging to ‘laws’.