• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We're Living In the Last Days

FFH

Veteran Member
Monthly Chart Showing the Price of Wheat from 1999 through the end of 2007

The price of wheat was in the 900's at the end of 2007, now it's already above 1100 in the first quarter of 2008, with a 5 percent increase in price just today, Feburary 25, 2008: Daily Wheat Price Quote

I first noticed the price change at Walmart, where I purchase whole wheat spaghetti. I always buy this particular brand of whole wheat spaghetti at Walmart and thought it was odd that the price had changed so quickly. There was just too much of a price change too fast, in just a week or two, since I last bought it, uncharacteristic of Walmart and their pricing. Walmart soy milk also had a noticeable price hike (another item I buy often at Walmart), again very uncharacteristic of Walmart pricing.​

We're in the last days, no doubt about it. Christ will soon return for his own. I hope I'm ready when that time comes.​

I'll be getting more 50 pound bags of wheat before it goes too high. Last time I checked it was at 15 bucks for a 50 pound bag, but that was about a year ago. I used to be able to buy it for about 10 or 11 bucks a 50 pound bag. Those days are gone now I guess.​

I eat it every day now. I grind whole wheat kernals fresh each week in a home whole wheat (grain) grinder, then take it to work and mix it up in a huge dough mixer and make whole wheat pizzas for myself to eat here at work. They're yummy.​

These higher wheat and other food prices will affect food businesses. Things are already tight as it is, but for some reason the price of cheese dropped drammatically. It was as high of around 2 30 a pound ljust lasst month, now its around 1.80 and dropped about the same time wheat spiked this month.

Also see: Barley Monthly Price Chart 1999 thru 2007

FFH

Veteran Member
The last days of affordable pre-packaged pasta products.

We're gunna have to boil twigs and sticks soon.
Or just make our own pasta. :)

I've made whole wheat spaghetti at home before, it was pretty fun, but time consuming, so quickly abandoned that idea, but have all the necessary equipent and home made personal recipes to eat well enough if pre-packaged food prices go through the roof.

Just need to stock up on whole wheat kernals.

Whole grain is the "staff of life".

D&C 89: 14 (LDS scripture)
All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

FFH

Veteran Member
Which part of Revelation mentions wheat prices, exactly?
Revelation 6: 6
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny,and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

It may just be grains that are affected.

Like I said before cheese prices dropped quickly and drammatically, at the same time wheat spiked higher, very quickly and drammatically this month, and just today there was a 5 percent price increase in wheat.

blackout

Violet.
Or just make our own pasta. :)

I've made whole wheat spaghetti at home before, it was pretty fun, but time consuming. I have all the equipent and home made personal recipes to eat well enough if prices go through the roof.

Just need to stock up on whole wheat kernals.

Whole grain is the "staff of life".

D&C 89: 14 (LDS scripture)
All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

Well FFH these glory daze of grace we're in here
have barely afforded me and my family enough to get by each day.
Stocking up on stuff is a laughable non-option,
and something I would not do again anyway.
Either "God" provides for us through any and every situation
by means of "give us this day our daily spaghetti"
or we're outta luck. No barns of stored wheat here.

There are no pasta makers for daughters of iniquity it would seem.

djrez4

Swollen Member
Next question: when this whole rapture thing goes down, do the Christians' bodies disappear too? If not, viable food source right there.

blackout

Violet.
Next question: when this whole rapture thing goes down, do the Christians' bodies disappear too? If not, viable food source right there.

Not only will their bodies be raptured...
but their stockpiles with them!

God wouldn't want to leave any yummy goodies behind
for the children of perdition now, would he?

"Let them eat sticks!"

djrez4

Swollen Member
Revelation 6: 6
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny,and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

It may just be grains that are affected.

Like I said before cheese prices dropped quickly and drammatically, at the same time wheat spiked higher, very quickly and drammatically this month, and just today there was a 5 percent price increase in wheat.

Let's think about that for a second...

Great war, everyone goes to fight, no one left to tend the fields, right? Makes sense back in the day when it took many hours manual labor to grow crops. Now, it's one dude in a tractor with his hand on the irrigation switch. Loss of manpower isn't going to undermine our breadbasket. There are, however, plenty of other things that can, none of which are mentioned in a legitimate interpretation of Revelation.

djrez4

Swollen Member
Not only will their bodies be raptured...
but their stockpiles with them!

God wouldn't want to leave any yummy goodies behind
for the children of perdition now, would he?

"Let them eat sticks!"

And here I thought I could scavenge all day. I was even willing to give up 15 years of vegetarianism. Guess I'll just open another can of Spaghetti'Os.

FFH

Veteran Member
Well FFH these glory daze of grace we're in here
have barely afforded me and my family enough to get by each day.
Stocking up on stuff is a laughable non-option,
and something I would not do again anyway.
Either "God" provides for us through any and every situation
by means of "give us this day our daily spaghetti"
or we're outta luck. No barns of stored wheat here.

There are no pasta makers for daughters of iniquity it would seem.
Grain supplies were at an all time low at the end of 2007.

Either pay now or possibly pay two or three times as much later for the same item.

This thread isn't about scaring people, it's about preparing for price increases by stocking up now on basic items in order to avoid paying too much money for the same item a few months or years down the road.

Scrimp and save as much as you can for the future may not be so luxurious as it is now.

I say luxurious, because the future may get even tighter than it is now.

God will provide for his own, but we need to do our part by preparing for the future as Joseph did by stocking up on wheat for the 7 years of famine that hit Egypt after the 7 years of plenty.

We're already in that 7 years of famine, I believe it started in 2006 and will run through 2013. Possibly Christ will return in between this time, if not, then things will go on and get better possbily.

Either Christ will step in and renew this world or it will eventually self destruct, if we continue on the paths we are on, in my opinion.

There is hope though. Cellulose ethanol will replace gasoline in the next few years, slowing global warming, but it may be too little too late. We as humans have messed up this planet with our gas guzzling cars and luxurious lifestyles.

If you don't think we live in luxury, just go to Europe and Asia, where the price of gas is 3 to 4 times higher than it is in the states. I lived in Japan for nearly two years and have spent about 40 days touring Europe. We have it good here in the states, even in personal individual desperate situations, we still have it better than the rest of the world.

I live in a standard small one bedroom apartment that is twice the size of any one bedroom apartment or hotel that I stayed in in Japan or Europe.

wheat.gif

FFH

Veteran Member
True, true, I'll leave my address here on the forum so anyone that needs food can break into my apartment and take what they want, unless the landlord gets to it first. :)

He just sent me a nice note raising my rent 40 bucks starting March 1st. :sad4:

I'ld like to see the look on his face, one of these days, when he comes to collect my late rent and we're not there. :yes: