• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the second spike

exchemist

Veteran Member
'Crystal clear' drunk people will not keep distance

People lose their inhibitions when under the influence of alcohol: that isn't actually news is it?

Get your hand gel now.
I shall be interested to see if there is a rise in hospital admissions starting about 2-3 weeks from now. That is what one would predict.

However I would not be surprised if this doesn't happen. I have the feeling from the London data that the dynamics may have changed. I'm not sure why: perhaps higher vitamin D level in summer, or perhaps a much greater awareness among vulnerable groups that they need to protect themselves. But it seems odd that the London admissions continue to fall away, in spite of the lifting of so many restrictions.

Also, I am becoming convinced that the disease arrived in London about a month before everyone has been saying, and has spread more widely than is reported. I would not be surprised if there is wider immunity than recognised. From what I understand, the current antibody tests would not detect immunity mediated by T-cells, for example. Possibly we are closer to herd immunity than we think.

But this indeed will be a test.......

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I shall be interested to see if there is a rise in hospital admissions starting about 2-3 weeks from now. That is what one would predict.

However I would not be surprised if this doesn't happen. I have the feeling from the London data that the dynamics may have changed. I'm not sure why: perhaps higher vitamin D level in summer, or perhaps a much greater awareness among vulnerable groups that they need to protect themselves. But it seems odd that the London admissions continue to fall away, in spite of the lifting of so many restrictions.

Also, I am becoming convinced that the disease arrived in London about a month before everyone has been saying, and has spread more widely than is reported. I would not be surprised if there is wider immunity than recognised. From what I understand, the current antibody tests would not detect immunity mediated by T-cells, for example. Possibly we are closer to herd immunity than we think.

I hope so. See you on July 26 for an update!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Except I'll be in Brittany by then, finding out what the French rules are for social distancing, masks etc. But I may check in with the BBC website occasionally, even so.

One metre, masks are recommended (compulsory on public transport), use provided hand gel when entering shops, no groups bigger than 10 people (still social distancing)

As i understand it visitors from Britain must self isolate for 2 weeks.

More info...

COVID-19: UK and French travel and quarantine measures

Rational Agnostic

In the US, we had a major spike of cases that started around 2-3 weeks ago, and so far, deaths have not spiked. My idea is that less deadly mutations of the virus will be favored by natural selection, as a person who lives through the virus has a longer time period in which to spread the virus and thus will spread it to more people on average. My community has had around 500 confirmed cases and still 0 deaths.