• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird pastimes?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Then you've never eaten at a proper steakhouse, seafood place, or barbeque joint over here. Also, none of Rev's examples were fast food, aside from Subway.

Yes i have, quantity is not quality
And your other posts.

Snails and steak tartare are nice if prepared correctly

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course, but they're not mutually exclusive.

Which serve as a great example of my above point. ;)

They seemed ubiquitous on my drive through the south.

I guessing you've never tried snails in garlic sauce or a steak tartar... (raw minced steak), I've never seen a steak cooked so rare

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They seemed ubiquitous on my drive through the south.

I guessing you've never tried snails in garlic sauce or a steak tartar... (raw minced steak), I've never seen a steak cooked so rare
I like my steak rare, but isn't it ground plus topped with raw egg? Sounds like food poisoning roulette.

And I would try snail and horse. I like trying new things.

We have French restaurants here in the U.S., albeit nowhere near as common as Italian, German, Vietnamese, Thai, etc. and they tend to be very pretentious and overpriced.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I like my steak rare, but isn't it ground plus topped with raw egg? Sounds like food poisoning roulette.

And I would try snail and horse. I like trying new things.

We have French restaurants here in the U.S., albeit nowhere near as common as Italian, German, Vietnamese, Thai, etc. and they tend to be very pretentious and overpriced.

I guess it depends what country rears the beef and chicken. Steak for tartare gets a clean bill of health and raw eggs, most body builders have half a dozen for breakfast, doesn't do them any harm.

They are not real french restaurants if they are pretentious. The idea is to make the customer comfortable about their food.

Overpriced though is a symptom of french ;-)