• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird pastimes?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So way back during the lockdown days (geez, remember those days, guys?) my bored self (and I’m sure many others) found some “interesting” ways to pass the time. I mean streaming and binging shows can only take you so far lol

So me being a giant geek and an “true blue, beer blooded Aussie” who knows their way around a good Bottle-O (what we call booze shops here) those elements inevitably combined. And honestly I still retain many of them to this day. For better or worse.

Drunk puzzling. Puzzle sales soared during this time, apparently. So much so that folks invented drinking games for them. Not even kidding!
And I guess I joined in on the craze. Though I just got drunk lol
And it’s surprisingly relaxing. I don’t know, it’s just fun. You’re buzzed, you’re doing this relaxing past time and you feel accomplished at the end. So many 1,000 pieces were made (with a few pieces that needed correction in the morning lol.)
I don’t what to say. This is just relaxing to do. :shrug:

An odd habit I have is buying movies intentionally with behind the scenes featurettes on them. Anniversary editions are an easy gold mine for this.
And I tend to watch them before even watching the actual movie. Obviously these are movies that I like in the first place or at the very least have an interest in.
Case in point the Blu Ray collection (and previous DVD collection) of the Universal Horror Classics, released a few years back.
I had an interest in this collection due to having grown up on many of their remakes. And liking classic horror films in general.
And here’s me, watching all the behind the scenes interviews and featurettes on classic horror movie icons, the horror Stars of the past etc all the while having a couple lol
Just fun!

So tell me your little habits and fun pastimes so we may geek out together :yum::)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We live in the south east corner of the Dordogne with the Lot department just 12km away.

We do a lot of our shopping in the Lot and have friends there.

During lockdown we were not allowed out of our home department without special, signed permission. Major roads and some side roads had police checks to examine your paperwork.

The game was to find back ways, basically tracks and farms so we could cross country to get over to the Lot without being stopped.

Ok boring compared to you behind the scenes binges but it helped keep us going.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
We live in the south east corner of the Dordogne with the Lot department just 12km away.

During lockdown we were not allowed out of our home department without special, signed permission. Major roads and some side roads had police checks to examine your paperwork.

The game was to find back ways, basically tracks and farms so we could cross country to get over to the Lot without being stopped.

That sounds fun!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exciting, it could be a €1000 fine for crossing department borders, so not getting caught was high stakes
That does it.
I'll never move to France.
(Even though I like garlic in sauces.
And it has a Lenoir engine on display.)

Viker

Häxan

I had an enduro motorcycle just for that sort of thing. Of course, Kentucky wasn't as locked down as you described where you are.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That does it.
I'll never move to France.
(Even though I like garlic in sauces.
And it has a Lenoir engine on display.)

Lockdown is ancient history now. In fact, only this morning i used the D46 (main road into the Lot from where i am) to get to the vets and supermarket in Gourdon (Lot) this morning.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lockdown is ancient history now. In fact, only this morning i used the D46 (main road into the Lot from where i am) to get to the vets and supermarket in Gourdon (Lot) this morning.
Too late to change my mind.
I'm never moving there.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I once sat next to a French guy on a flight.
He said one thing he preferred about
Ameristan was the variety of cuisine.
So you're right.

Ahh,last time you mentioned this you implied the Frenchman said American food was better you didn't say anything of it only being more varied.

Which of course i can agree with. So many different fast food joints abound

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ahh,last time you mentioned this you implied the Frenchman said American food was better you didn't say anything of it only being more varied.

Which of course i can agree with. So many different fast food joints abound
Varied = better
I've no criticism of the quality of French food.

You've never been here, & news doesn't cover
such matters, so you wouldn't know of the variety.
We typically eat Lebanese, Chinese, Thai, Ethiopian,
Korean, Japanese, BBQ, Tibetan, Senegalese, Afghan,
Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican, Tex Mex, Brazilian,
Italian, & Subway. French is too spendy.

You can keep your variety, eg, French, French,
French, McDonalds, French, French, & French.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Varied = better
You've never been here, & news doesn't cover
such matters, so you wouldn't know of the variety.
We typically eat Lebanese, Chinese, Thai, Ethiopian,
Korean, Japanese, BBQ, Tibetan, Senegalese, Afghan,
Indian, Vietnamese, Mexican, Tex Mex, Brazilian,
Italian, & Subway. French is too spendy.

You can keep your variety, eg, French, French,
French, McDonalds, French, French, & French.

Yup I've been there, which is why i can agree you have a great variety of fast food.

But little in the way of better food

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup I've been there, which is why i can agree you have a great variety of fast food.

If all you want are French, French, French, & French,
then you'd be disappointed here. And again, I don't
dis the quality of French food. I just prefer variety
to the same old same old...which is "better" IMO.

BTW, not all parts of USA have the variety I covet.
So I'll never move to Podunk Nebraska.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Is a lot like a shopping plaza?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Then you've never eaten at a proper steakhouse, seafood place, or barbeque joint over here. Also, none of Rev's examples were fast food, aside from Subway.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yippee...

You wouldn't like the food anyway
440px-Grapevinesnail_01.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
If all you want are French, French, French, & French,
then you'd be disappointed here. And again, I don't
dis the quality of French food. I just prefer variety
to the same old same old...which is "better" IMO.

BTW, not all parts of USA have the variety I covet.
So I'll never move to Podunk Nebraska.

And Thai and Basque and Indian and Chinese and McDonald's, and, and, and, and of course French.

Not the variety available to you but i reckon you can only eat one meal at a time.