• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Seem to Have an Influx of New Members

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you never heard the stories of people, following GPS directions winding up on a RR track or a back road during a blizzard etc.?
gps mishaps - Bing video

Had one that kept trying to lead us down a boat ramp into the Mississippi River.

Me too. Traveling at night towards Maryland wondering why the road was winding with sharp curves with some pretty fast downhill brakes don't fail me now moments. Were trying to get to Cumberland Maryland to visit friends. We could see the lights of the town, below us, but couldn't find the road to get there. Wound up spending the night in a hotel further on. Next day we realized we had driven through the Allegheny mountains.

That same GPS took us on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the middle of the night. I didn't know what I was driving on; I'm from Flat Land(Midwest). But the road just kept turning up, and up, and up... At one point, we were on a landbridge. I didn't know about that until later. My husband just said "do not look off the road"(I am afraid of heights). I didn't. He said it felt like the moon was so close he could touch it...

And then going down...

We were all starting to lose it. Gas was getting low. We worried for the breaks as you say, and at some point my husband started panicking and saying the car was going to break down and the Mountain People were going to eat us. My eyes are not good, and there were no lights along the road, but strangely, at the point I thought I couldn't drive anymore, this giant purple 'light blob' lit up my way and I got down just fine. It didn't seem odd at the time, but I just focused on it and went down the mountain. I didn't think about it again until later.

I don't really care what it was. Godform, mountain spirit, angel, or hallucination. Makes no difference to me. I was just thankful!

pearl

the Mountain People were going to eat us.

Reminds me of that horrible movie, 'Deliverance'.

at the point I thought I couldn't drive anymore, this giant purple 'light blob' lit up my way and I got down just fine.

Lucky it wasn't the Purple People Eater, just a friendly glow.

That same GPS took us on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the middle of the night

Does that run from N Carolina, if its the one I'm thinking of its a beautiful drive in daytime.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of that horrible movie, 'Deliverance'.

Lucky it wasn't the Purple People Eater, just a friendly glow.

That same GPS took us on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the middle of the night

Does that run from N Carolina, if its the one I'm thinking of its a beautiful drive in daytime.

Yes, it was in NC that we entered it, right outside of Ashville. We were intending to get to SC.

I think we looked at some pictures of what we drove through...

That drive killed mountains for me.