• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We know that Jesus was born in the year 6 BC, then why is the calendar counting from the year "0"?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, it does matter that HE was born in the year 6 BC because it goes to show that the devil will stop at nothing to totally deceive Christ's true followers and GOD's chosen people. Also, doesn't it look highly suspicious that the Lord Jesus Christ is made to appear that he was born "6" years before? A number associated with imperfection.

Sweet mother of god! That's diabolical! This...changes everything...

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Hi there Forum Brothers and Sisters

In the case of Adam, it makes sense that he was created as a pre-pubescent so that he could teach his future offspring about the changes in their body's. Also, as you are aware, 12 is a number that is highly significant in the Bible as it symbolizes GOD's power and authority, as well as serving as a perfect governmental foundation.
Gibberish.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Before Christ, that calendar was based on stuff other than Christ's birth (this should be a no-duh statement, but it isn't).
Notes and queries: How they counted the years in the BC era; what noise does a giraffe make?
More on this in the link. Basically, Jesus was born and the calendar changed after, and they didn't pin his birth down to the exact year, because it was a loosely based event. Plus, we are factoring in a few errors:
  • The monk who calculated AD from AUC forgot that the Emperor Augustus ruled for four years as Octavian before he changed his name, and this error remains in the system.
  • Also, as he counted in Roman, not Arabic, numerals, he did not include the years 0 BC and AD 0.
That's five years already, and the Anno Domini calendar was established in 525 AD. Calculating minor differences, like that introduced by leap year, and the date might be off by a further year or two.

Paris Derbe

GOD IS TRUTH
Before Christ, that calendar was based on stuff other than Christ's birth (this should be a no-duh statement, but it isn't).
Notes and queries: How they counted the years in the BC era; what noise does a giraffe make?
More on this in the link. Basically, Jesus was born and the calendar changed after, and they didn't pin his birth down to the exact year, because it was a loosely based event. Plus, we are factoring in a few errors:
  • The monk who calculated AD from AUC forgot that the Emperor Augustus ruled for four years as Octavian before he changed his name, and this error remains in the system.
  • Also, as he counted in Roman, not Arabic, numerals, he did not include the years 0 BC and AD 0.
That's five years already, and the Anno Domini calendar was established in 525 AD. Calculating minor differences, like that introduced by leap year, and the date might be off by a further year or two.

Bless you Sister for understanding this HUGE mistake. If we really love Our Lord Jesus who died on the Cross for us and now sits on the right hand side of Our FATHER, GOD AND CREATOR in Heaven, then we should Honour Him by keeping the calendar correct, right?

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one gets to know the FATHER except through Him.

Peace and Love
From Our FATHER, GOD AND CREATOR in Heaven

lostwanderingsoul

Sorry Samantha but there is no such thing as year 0 either BC or AD. Do a little more research before saying something you do not know about.

Paris Derbe

GOD IS TRUTH
Sorry Samantha but there is no such thing as year 0 either BC or AD. Do a little more research before saying something you do not know about.

Whoa, steady on my friend. Did we go from the year 1999 to 2001 without first experiencing the year 2000?

Likewise, did we go from the year 999 to 1001 without first going through 1000?

Think about it!

Love and Peace friend.
From Our FATHER, GOD AND CREATOR in Heaven

lostwanderingsoul

Thanks Paris but there is a big difference between going from 1999 to 2001 and going from 1 BC to 1 AD. Just take a minute to look it up and any source you look at will tell you there was no year 0. So like Samantha you need to get your facts in order before posting.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe it is supposed intellectually that He was born then. I believe 1 is correct and there is no zero.

Muffled

Jesus in me
According to another calculation, he was born 2BC. Does it really matter that much? If we use the date of his death, his birth year becomes a bit obvious.
I can elaborate if you desire.

I believe you should. I go by the date of His baptism.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The problem is that Jesus died in 33 CE on April 1, according to our modern calendar. Since we know that Jesus was approximately 33.5 years old at the time of his death, that gives us a means to calculate his year of birth.

We are clearly told that Jesus was about 30 when his ministry started:
Luke 3:
And, Jesus himself, was, when he began, about thirty years of age, being the son, as was supposed—of Joseph, of Heli: (Rotherham)​
His ministry was according to Daniel, 3.5 years in length
Daniel 9:
27 And he will confirm a covenant to the many, for one week,—but, in the middle of the week, will cause sacrifice and present to cease, and, in his stead, [shall be] the horrid abomination that astoundeth, even till, a full end, and that a decreed one, shall be poured out on him that astoundeth.​
One week is seven years, the middle of the week when Jesus was killed would then be 3.5 years.

One reference work says the following:
Quoting:

Summary of evidence. Summing up, then, since Jesus’ death took place in the spring month of Nisan, his ministry, which began three and a half years earlier according to Daniel 9:24-27, must have begun in the fall, about the month of Ethanim (September-October). John’s ministry (initiated in Tiberius’ 15th year), then, must have begun in the spring of the year 29 C.E. John’s birth therefore would be placed in the spring of the year 2 B.C.E., Jesus’ birth would come about six months later in the fall of 2 B.C.E., his ministry would start about 30 years later in the fall of 29 C.E., and his death would come in the year 33 C.E. (on Nisan 14 in the spring, as stated).

Also this paragraph, quoting:
On this basis, John’s birth occurred 30 years before he began his ministry in Tiberius’ 15th year, hence somewhere between the latter half of 3 B.C.E. and August or September of 2 B.C.E., with Jesus’ birth following about six months later.
If you have further questions or comments, I'll try to assist.

I believe Daniel is a bit sketchy for that but some go by the number of passovers Jesus celebrated to figure the length of his ministry.