• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Know Almost Nothing About God

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I find Jesus did give his life for us because as 1 John 1:7 B says the ' blood ' (shed blood) of Christ is what cleanses us from all sin. The day Jesus died he shed his blood.
If we could stop sinning we would Not die, because we can Not stop sinning is why we die.
We can Not resurrect oneself or anyone else, that is why we need someone who can resurrect us.
God resurrected faithful Jesus and thus Jesus has the resurrection power - Revelation 1:18.

I don't know. To be honest, it does not look like much of a sacrifice, really.

Ciao

- viole

Ellen Brown

Drop all thine belief, ye who enters the gateless gate!

Without being whiney, I'll say that parts of my life have gone beyond Hell. (The western, Christian Hell, mainly from fellow Christians). In studying Islam, I learned that hardship and suffering often teach us, so learned to try to suffer quietly. So, many years later, people often tell me that I am very Zen. I don't know a thing about Buddhism. How can that be?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't know. To be honest, it does not look like much of a sacrifice, really.
- viole

I could take from the ^ above ^ to mean that by God sending Jesus to Earth for us was Not doing anything horrible.
So, in that sense I am glad that you think it does Not look like much of a sacrifice, but what ' much ' did it accomplish.

I suppose we could look at the balancing ' Scales of Justice ':
Sinless Adam on one side chose to sin thus un-balancing the 'Scales of Justice' for us.
Sinless Jesus on the other side chose Not to sin thus re-balancing the 'Scales of Justice ' for us.

We did Not inherit Adam's guilt. We did inherit his leanings / to do wrong since we are born after Adam sinned.
We can't undo that /leaning toward wrongdoing so we need help. To me Jesus is the needed help.
By sinless Jesus dying faithful under adverse conditions proved that a sinless Adam under favorable conditions could have proved faithful to his God. Jesus un-did what Satan and Adam caused.

Milton Platt

This is thrilling. To be honest, I am not sure anymore what is hell and what is heaven.
For, what is better? To live forever, or to sleep for ever? I am not really sure what I would choose, if I could.

Is it possible to choose to be terminated at any time, if you are in heaven?

Ciao

- viole

Spending an eternity kissing a god's nether parts has never sounded very appealing.

Ellen Brown

And? Has he spoken to you in your dreams?

Not saying that the experience of others is invalid because the Creator, being who he is, can communicate as he wishes.

In MY experience, talking to God, usually happens in the early hours and is verbal. Sometimes it is encouragement, or others teaching, or instructions. Sometimes he appears to be cross with me. I am not perfect.

syo

Not saying that the experience of others is invalid because the Creator, being who he is, can communicate as he wishes.

In MY experience, talking to God, usually happens in the early hours and is verbal. Sometimes it is encouragement, or others teaching, or instructions. Sometimes he appears to be cross with me. I am not perfect.
I asked because God speaks directly to us only through our dreams. When we are awake, God silences.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes but religion often conspires to make that term God nonsense.. I would say God exists independent and inspite of our brains, while religion tends to want God to exist because of our brains. Atheism does not understand the former and embraces the later..

Naw. Just some of us don't attribute god to a specific religion or structure. We are fine with just the communication of what some call god. Just some don't say god because it links them to religion. Others have it but don't make it metaphysical.

It doesn't need to be metaphysical (spirit, divinity, etc) for it to be god. Just maybe the definition you all use only should apply to a set amount of people rather than claiming the definition of god and it's relations to people as a whole.