• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are big city Democratic politicians so 'strict' about shelter in place except for violent protest

whirlingmerc

Big-city Dems who had imposed strict coronavirus lockdowns now let George Floyd rioters flout rules

Seems contradictory

I think Beto Rourk in Texas the Democratic hopeful bid or Texas might be the poster child of leftist misspeak where he said the current GOP governor was 'weak' for not leaving Texas in lockup???? but I searched and don't see where he said anything corrective regarding as violent protests as an inappropriate response to inappropriate actions. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Corrective words made by the mayor of Atlanta but where are the corrective words from team Biden?

Bear Wild

Big-city Dems who had imposed strict coronavirus lockdowns now let George Floyd rioters flout rules

Seems contradictory

I think Beto Rourk in Texas the Democratic hopeful bid or Texas might be the poster child of leftist misspeak where he said the current GOP governor was 'weak' for not leaving Texas in lockup???? but I searched and don't see where he said anything corrective regarding as violent protests as an inappropriate response to inappropriate actions. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Corrective words made by the mayor of Atlanta but where are the corrective words from team Biden? Is it presidential? no.

You clearly have no understanding of Beto first of all. I may not agree with all he stood for but he is a very good person who cares about the people he serves unlike the person he ran against for the Texas senate. The one who won the senate mislead the people of Texas with misrepresentation of the truth and what he stated then lied to the people of Texas.

No one could have stopped the protest that developed just as Trump could not stop what happened in Washington DC tonight. He went into a bunker to hide! What matters is what happens after these demonstrations to correct the problem.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Seems contradictory

Corrective words made by the mayor of Atlanta but where are the corrective words from team Biden?
If theybhad any control over it, especially to that extent, it wouldn't be a riot.

Bear Wild

If theybhad any control over it, especially to that extent, it wouldn't be a riot.
I agree, anyone with any sense of the magnitude of this protest would know that this could not be controlled by republican or democratic leadership. Trump is hiding in a bunker despite his secret service just waiting to confront the protestors. What does Trump do? Encourage his MAGA supporters to confront the protestors and blame the left wing. No surprise there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree, anyone with any sense of the magnitude of this protest would know that this could not be controlled by republican or democratic leadership. Trump is hiding in a bunker despite his secret service just waiting to confront the protestors. What does Trump do? Encourage his MAGA supporters to confront the protestors and blame the left wing. No surprise there.
And the lefties blame him.
What all should be doing is demanding change in policing.
And while we're at it, criminal justice reform.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trump is not the Prez to address this problem.
He lacks the insight & temperament.
Really, he just needs to hurry up and die. Pense at least I don't see suggesting bleach injections for covid (he has a number of deaths not related to covid on his hamds for his bull**** statements).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Really, he just needs to hurry up and die. Pense at least I don't see suggesting bleach injections for covid (he has a number of deaths not related to covid on his hamds for his bull**** statements).
I'd settle for his being quiet.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Seems contradictory

Well if they were tyrants they could always shoot the rioters. That will get all of them socially distanced in seconds.

Dark humor aside Rev is right. It was an impossible situation to control.

Anyways karma is a ***** they say. I would haphazard to say for some, it could very well be their last riot.