• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

4consideration

Premium Member
Using GOD'S JUDGEMENT AND VIEWPOINT ON SUCH THINGS, your quote does not apply. He did say all sects/denominations/divisions are works of the flesh. Revelation to John does say that they will all be destroyed along with their menbers, calling them false religion. Their members are false Christians.

In order for you to use God's judgement, you would have to be God. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you are God. We get lots of people claiming that here, and I never believe any of them.

MikeSavage

In order for you to use God's judgement, you would have to be God. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you are God. We get lots of people claiming that here, and I never believe any of them.
No, in order to know God's judgement, we would need to STUDY God's word. In order to know His will, we would need to STUDY God's word. In order to know what He requires of us, how He thinks about things, and His instructions, we would need to STUDY his inspired word. We don't have to be Him, just know Him.

4consideration

Premium Member
No, in order to know God's judgement, we would need to STUDY God's word. In order to know His will, we would need to STUDY God's word. In order to know what He requires of us, how He thinks about things, and His instructions, we would need to STUDY his inspired word. We don't have to be Him, just know Him.
I have no problem accepting that explanation regarding applying one's understanding of God's word to one's own life, I just don't see where that translates into the right to make judgments against the life and heart of another person on behalf of God.

It seems to me that is a very basic thing that Jesus taught against doing.

MikeSavage

I have no problem accepting that explanation regarding applying one's understanding of God's word to one's own life, I just don't see where that translates into the right to make judgments against the life and heart of another person on behalf of God.

It seems to me that is a very basic thing that Jesus taught against doing.
Not making a judgement. Stating what God said about man made religions, and their members.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was JW long enough to say for sure Mike did not "Study" anything but what his CHURCH allows him to study. He won't even read and comment on my posts. What kind of study has he done?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
JWs spent many hours being inculcated with Watchtower dogma. It is a fact that time spent even under the most vile of circumstances can cause love to grow. Not always, but it can. I have heard that children (especially) have grown fond of their captors even so much so that it is hard for them to be rescued.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student

Nope, not me either...and happy to be 'an inheritor of the earth'. :)

It's funny but those who have a 'heaven hang-up' somehow feel cheated at the thought of not going to heaven. They feel like that have been 'dudded' at the thought of not being one of "the chosen ones" with the "heavenly calling". (Heb 3:1)

I can recall never wanting to go to heaven. I wanted to live on earth because I loved God's creation...so imagine my joy at finding out that it was never God's purpose to send humans to heaven in the first place! My love of planet earth is the natural love I have programmed into my heart for my home. This where God intended humans to live forever.
It requires an anointing with God's spirit to override this natural inclination.
Anointed ones have an inordinate desire to go to heaven, leaving family and friends behind.
Since they are to be "kings and priests" (Rev 20:6) they will naturally need subjects and sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties.
I see myself as one of those subjects.

The kingdom will "come" and "crush" all satanically inspired human rulership out of existence, and replace it as man's only government. (Dan 2:44) The wicked will be eliminated and the meek will inherit the earth. That is the "good news"!

Bring it on!! ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It's funny but those who have a 'heaven hang-up' somehow feel cheated at the thought of not going to heaven. They feel like that have been 'dudded' at the thought of not being one of "the chosen ones" with the "heavenly calling". (Heb 3:1)

I can recall never wanting to go to heaven. I wanted to live on earth because I loved God's creation...so imagine my joy at finding out that it was never God's purpose to send humans to heaven in the first place! My love of planet earth is the natural love I have programmed into my heart for my home. This where God intended humans to live forever.
It requires an anointing with God's spirit to override this natural inclination.
Anointed ones have an inordinate desire to go to heaven, leaving family and friends behind.
Since they are to be "kings and priests" (Rev 20:6) they will naturally need subjects and sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties.

The kingdom will "come" and "crush" all satanically inspired human rulership out of existence, and replace it as man's only government. (Dan 2:44) The wicked will be eliminated and the meek will inherit the earth. That is the "good news"!

Bring it on!! ;)
YOU can make it about that but it isn't what she is saying. Anointed does not mean "heaven bound" like you make it mean. It means communion with The Holy Spirit. YOU say you are so happy to be free of The Holy Spirit and we say o_O

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
You know its a funny thing about defectors. Like all "ex's" they are the innocent victims who paint their former 'partner' as the villain and paints themselves as the poor 'hard done by' victims. Boo hoo.

For those who have ever been on the other end of a disgruntled "ex" it is not advantageous or in the interest of truth to listen to only one side of a distorted story. o_O

It seems that some will believe anything they are told.....especially if they want to believe it.

The Jews fell for that and ended up cursing themselves with the blood of Christ, rather than have it save them. (Matt 27:25)

Be careful what you accept as truth. :oops:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You know its a funny thing about defectors. Like all "ex's" they are the innocent victims who paint their former 'partner' as the villain and paints themselves as the poor 'hard done by' victims. Boo hoo.

For those who have ever been on the other end of a disgruntled "ex" it is not advantageous or in the interest of truth to listen to only one side of a distorted story. o_O

It seems that some will believe anything they are told.....especially if they want to believe it.

The Jews fell for that and ended up cursing themselves with the blood of Christ, rather than have it save them. (Matt 27:25)

Be careful what you accept as truth. :oops:
This is perfect irony. Good!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ya I am a bad person because I want to have communion with the son of God. Nobody has told the JWs what will happen in Paradise to keep them on the narrow way. WE know Holy Spirit is the answer. THEY do not have an answer.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN

Bring it on!! ;)
Hmmmm! Let's see where I fit in here.

5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth. Mt. 5:5

In the Greek New Testament, the word “meek” is from the Greek term praus. It means strength brought under control. Being meek describes one who has channeled his strengths into the service of God.

That would describe me. I certainly have channeled my strengths and energy into the service of God.

Blessed are the poor in Spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 5:3

I can remember being spiritually poor, knowing I could do nothing to save myself. But then I heard the gospel and obeyed it. I thank God each day that I was able to come to God through faith so that He could save me.

So this verse fits me too!

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mt. 5:10

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Mt. 5:11-12

I have been persecuted many, many times for the sake of righteousness. I have been called names and insulted because of the name of Jesus. And when I am persecuted, I rejoice, because I know my reward will be great.

I have obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was baptized for the forgiveness of my sins. The Lord added me to His body. I have received the gift of the Holy Spirit. I am indwelled with the Holy Spirit. I have been anointed by the Holy Spirit. I am in Christ. I am saved.

Conclusion: Jesus is not speaking of two different places and two classes of people. He is speaking of one place, and one group of saved people. Whether that place will be in the heavenly realms or some sort of restored earth, none of us can say for sure. Not a one of us has been there. What matters most to me is that I know I will forever be with my precious Lord and Savior.

I pray everyone on this forum will be there with me.

Can I get an Amen for my last comment? :)

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Conclusion: Jesus is not speaking of two different places and two classes of people. He is speaking of one place, and one group of saved people. Whether that place will be in the heavenly realms or some sort of restored earth, none of us can say for sure. Not a one of us has been there. What matters most to me is that I know I will forever be with my precious Lord and Savior.
And if that is the conclusion you have reached, then so be it.
You are the only one who needs convincing. We will all be judged on what we accept as truth. No one is forced to believe anything. Our hearts are talking to God by what we judge to be true for ourselves. No one can complain to God if they got it wrong. We choose.

I pray everyone on this forum will be there with me.

Can I get an Amen for my last comment? :)
That would be nice....but its never going to happen. (Matt 7:13, 14; 21-23) Sorry to rain on your parade.

Kolibri

I am not 'born again,' or had a 'circumcision of the heart' thus loosing my desire to inherit the earth. No, I do not have a token 'seal' to act as title deed to a heavenly reward if I remain faithful to the end.
I've met quite a few that do and consider 2 of them close friends today. I will miss them when they receive their reward. But I have no desire to join them.

I am content to inherit earthly things. This will be my home. For now I feel like Abraham. living in the land that God promised to give as an inheritance to all those not called to work in administering justice and mercy along with the Christ as the governmental part of God's Kingdom.

I long to have a part in learning how to maintain a perfect balance with Earth and my neighbors and to get to play with wild cats and crocodiles without worrying they will do harm. And I am also particularly vain about wanting my youthful looks back.

No, I am not anointed as one of Christ's brothers. I look forward to him being my Eternal Father instead.

Last edited:

kjw47

OK. But I DO listen to John, Peter, James, Paul, and even the prophets of old :eek:
Do they not count?

As a matter of FACT The Helper who Jesus promised to send has revealed to me that if I DO listen to your "true teachers" I must discard much of what the true anointed are saying.

Do you mean the absolutely confused to the core HS that has created 33,000 different disunified mass of confusion religions claiming to serve Jesus?1Cor 1:10) an impossibility for more than a single religion to exist. ot a single religion--israelites. same today--tomorrow and always.