• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was there a credible legal reason for Hillary's email server?

whirlingmerc

Is there a credible legal reason for Hillary to have these servers other than evading the law?
Perhaps some Democrats would like to propose some reasons why Hillary's server was simple an innocent household piece of tech?

....that is besides it being a convenient means of evading the government documentation laws and public scrutiny. And will Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes be able to convince the investigators to their talking point that it's all just a big misunderstanding?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That she was rather stupid when it came to computers and security measures?

We are all stupid in at least some aspect of life. This was Hillary's weak point. Was she up to anything nefarious? It does not appear that way. She was merely incompetent in this one rather limited area.

Slabraton

Is there a credible legal reason for Hillary to have these servers other than evading the law?
Perhaps some Democrats would like to propose some reasons why Hillary's server was simple an innocent household piece of tech?

....that is besides it being a convenient means of evading the government documentation laws and public scrutiny. And will Susan Rice and Ben Rhodes be able to convince the investigators to their talking point that it's all just a big misunderstanding?
Who cares? If Jeff Sessions didn't puruse it, there's nothing there. Now why are you bringing this up NOW?

Oh yeah...Trump is accused of treason so you have to change the subject.

PureX

Veteran Member

Ask George Bush, he had one, too. As did (and do) many senators and congressmen. They claim they need it to enable them to be able communicate freely with foreign heads of state, who do not wish their conversations to be on the record. They also claim they have the right to be able to communicate with friends and family, unrecorded.

GoodbyeDave

Were any of Mrs Clinton's emails hacked? The government computer systems have leaked like a sieve! Perhaps using a private server was not so stupid? And if it was illegal, why no prosecution? Of course, that must be because of Mr Trump's gentle and forgiving nature!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That she was rather stupid when it came to computers and security measures?

We are all stupid in at least some aspect of life. This was Hillary's weak point. Was she up to anything nefarious? It does not appear that way. She was merely incompetent in this one rather limited area.
Of course, those of us who know we're stupid with computers would be wise
to get professional help with them. I've always hired help to ensure that my
computamajigger system functions properly, eg, software training, security
procedures, hardware maintenance, legal compliance.
But this much savvy might be too much to expect from a politician.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So highly sensitive communications didn't wind up posted by Assange and WikiLeaks?
That's a question, I don't claim to know the answer for sure. But I am not blindly partisan either.

Tom

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course, those of us who know we're stupid with computers would be wise
to get professional help with them. I've always hired help to ensure that my
computamajigger system functions properly, eg, software training, security
procedures, hardware maintenance, legal compliance.
But this much savvy might be too much to expect from a politician.
The problem is that when it comes to some subjects people are unwilling to admit that they do not have enough knowledge. The countless bruises on my head from interacting with creationists is testimony to this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you really think that Clinton set up that server herself?
That wasn't what I thought at all.
I presumed she minions.
They just wasn't of appropriate caliber.
No one oversaw the system to ensure that
it met all legal & technical requirements.
Again, that would be unfair to expect of her.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That wasn't what I thought at all.
I presumed she minions.
They just wasn't of appropriate caliber.
No one oversaw the system to ensure that
it met all legal & technical requirements.
Again, that would be unfair to expect of her.
And then again, possibly, she checked with Bush's Secretary of State who had one. Powell gave her good reasons to believe that it was in the National best interests to hire her own internet security people and not entrust it to less secure minions.
Possibly.
I find it quite likely, myself.
And I have Putin and Assange backing up my opinion.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And then again, possibly, she checked with Bush's Secretary of State who had one. Powell gave her good reasons to believe that it was in the National best interests to hire her own internet security people and not entrust it to less secure minions.
This illustrates my point.
One doesn't depend upon casual unpaid advice.
(Because that is worth exactly what was paid.)
Hire legal & technical advisors who know the particular field.
It's the obvious thing to do....if one is competent.

If I'm in the landlording business, I hire lawyers who practice in that field.
A friend in the construction business has a lawyer specializing in exactly
that to advise him, & draft his documents. Simple as pie...for the wise.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
This illustrates my point.
One doesn't depend upon casual unpaid advice.
(Because that is worth exactly what was paid.)
Hire legal & technical advisors who know the particular field.
It's the obvious thing to do....if one is competent.

If I'm in the landlording business, I hire lawyers who practice in that field.
A friend in the construction business has a lawyer specializing in exactly
that to advise him, & draft his documents. Simple as pie...for the wise.
Ha ha ha!
Colin Powell is incompetent for giving advice about national security.
Tom

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
She set it up because that's what she was advised to do when she asked the two former secretaries of state about it. Both Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell had similar personal accounts.
I have both separate business and personal email accounts myself.

Note also that, as DavidMcCann pointed out, the the 'official' server she was supposed to use was hacked. Hers was not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ha ha ha!
Colin Powell is incompetent for giving advice about national security.
If he did indeed advise Hillary to set up her information/communication
system as she did, then you've answered your own question.
The point is....
Hire professionals who are expert in the task at hand.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If he did indeed advise Hillary to set up her information/communication
system as she did, then you've answered your own question.
Apparently the answer is "Yes, get your own security team". Worked for the USA and for her. Despite zillions of dollars and a vicious investigation by her most ruthless political enemies...
Nothing.

The point is....
Hire professionals who are expert in the task at hand.
Apparently she hired better than the State Department or the DNC.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Apparently the answer is "Yes, get your own security team". Worked for the USA and for her. Despite zillions of dollars and a vicious investigation by her most ruthless political enemies...
Nothing.
Well then, if there's no problem, then there's no issue.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There isn't now.
But I distinctly remember when E-mail gate was a big thing of Trump and the Republicans.
So you're saying that she handled her info/computer security properly & legally.
Someone must have been making up a controversy then.