• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Married? It's either yes or no.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Good question, good comment. Both are answered in the Gospels.

Politically motivated gospels edited many times and inserted by religious zealots in the council of Nicea to make Jesus a God so that even 2000 years later adults with the brain of 7 year olds will actually believe it as the truth and reject the other gospels that were written simply because if their non divine status of Jesus doesn't count.
False gospels possiblity.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If Jesus was married, then His wife and kids woulda shown up in Acts or gotten a mention in the Epistles. It would have been a slam-dunk against the Docetists (those who denied that Jesus was merely human), who were one of the first big groups of heretics in the early Church, so it's not like anyone would have wanted to expunge any records of His wife and kids. Heck, the Church would have touted that fact to infinity and beyond.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The marriage of the Savior was taught more often in early church history, by leaders like President Brigham Young, George Q. Cannon, President Wilford Woodruff, Orson Pratt, Jedediah M. Grant, President Joseph F. Smith, and President Heber C. Kimball, to name just a few. In a General Conference address on October 6, 1854, Orson Hyde of the Quorum of the Twelve discussed the Savior’s wedding recounted in the Bible:

"…Jesus was the bridegroom at the marriage of Cana of Galilee, and he told them what to do. Now there was actually a marriage, and if Jesus was not the bridegroom on that occasion, please tell who was. If any man can show this, and prove that it was not the Savior of the world, then I will acknowledge I am in error. We say it was Jesus Christ who was married, to be brought into the relation whereby he could see his seed, before he was crucified." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 82, 83).

http://www.mormonchronicle.com/our-married-savior-jesus-christ/

Just food for thought. Or debate.
It's not either yes or no. You can debate the topic till the cows come home, but it is impossible to provide much evidence for either position. Most Mormons believe that it is possible that Jesus was married, but, regardless of the opinions of the individuals whose names you mention, the LDS Church never has taken an official stance on the matter.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Then whole thing is odd and much with bias writings
Its easier to see it symbolically when even the physical miracles tie into a deeper truth, like making a "blind man see", has more connotations than just curing blindness. Taking it literally makes it start to sound a bit outlandish, like drink my blood and eat my flesh is not to be taken literally, the bread of life has a deeper meaning, the cleansing of sin is symbolic or Jesus would still have taken all the OT laws literally and say we should still sacrifice for real.

Subhankar Zac

Its easier to see it symbolically when even the physical miracles tie into a deeper truth, like making a "blind man see", has more connotations than just curing blindness. Taking it literally makes it start to sound a bit outlandish, like drink my blood and eat my flesh is not to be taken literally, the bread of life has a deeper meaning, the cleansing of sin is symbolic or Jesus would still have taken all the OT laws literally and say we should still sacrifice for real.

That's the problem with Christianity. The impact of 1700 years of literal interpretation caused people to see it with skepticism

Brian Schuh

The crucification didn't stop sacrifice. Believers in Jesus continued to offer sacrifices at the Temple, including St. Paul until Titus destroyed the Temple in the Jerusalem War, circa 64-70 C.E.

arthra

Baha'i
Baha'i Writings indicate Jesus didn't marry because of persecution:

"He that married not (Jesus Christ) could find no place wherein to abide, nor where to lay His head, by reason of what the hands of the treacherous had wrought."

~ Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 49

Subhankar Zac

Also Jesus might have been gay.
Or asexual.
There's no clear references to Jesus's sexual emotions anywhere except kissing Judas or the marriage to Magdalene in a lost gospel that was rejected at the council of Nicea.
Might even be bi.
:)

Palehorse

Jesus never married in the NT or the OT.

The wedding feast in heaven spoken of in Revelation is for Jesus and His bride, the Church.

Mormons need to study the Bible and throw all of their other "religious" books in the trash. Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church teaches much doctrine against that of Christ.

I would like to order the court transcripts from his trials and tribulations. Maybe get his marriage certificate from the courts also. What happened between the NT and OT is very valueable to me. Those documents hidden from the public are just as valueable as their bibles. But I would have to find a way into the basement of the Vatican or Israel's vault. Does anybody know if any of the Sweedish guards at the Vatican are female? I concider myself to be a smooth talker with the ladies and just love when they yodel.:cool:

Palehorse

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Mormons need to study the Bible and throw all of their other "religious" books in the trash. Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church teaches much doctrine against that of Christ.
That wasn't very nice of you, nor was it the kind of behavior I've come to expect from a Catholic.

Besides, according to a Pew Research Center study on how well people really know their Bible, "Jews and Mormons... [averaged] 20.5 and 20.3 correct answers, respectively. Protestants as a whole [averaged] 16 correct answers; Catholics as a whole, 14.7." Maybe Catholics are the ones who need to start studying the Bible. I'm available if you ever decide to do that and need a tutor. :D

Brian Schuh

I would like to order the court transcripts from his trials and tribulations. Maybe get his marriage certificate from the courts also. What happened between the NT and OT is very valueable to me. Those documents hidden from the public are just as valueable as their bibles. But I would have to find a way into the basement of the Vatican or Israel's vault. Does anybody know if any of the Sweedish guards at the Vatican are female? I concider myself to be a smooth talker with the ladies and just love when they yodel.:cool:
The sad truth is that government documents, whatever documents the Roman Empire might have kept. . .

Look, from Babylon to Medo- Persia to the Greek Empire to the Roman to Papal Rome, and when Greeks took over Egypt. Many documents and books get salvaged from war, and most don't

Greeks did not destroy everything in the Egyptian library at Alexandria, but translated what they wanted into Greek.

When the Roman Empire declined, the Irish copied most of the Greek and Latin classics.

There is a document claiming to be written by Pontius Pilate. They say it is fake. But I'd like to read it.

Some royal dude in Europe claims his genealogy goes back to Mary Magdalena. Jesus was a good man, maybe he owned up to the baby. But Mary is believed to have been a prostitute. Her baby could have been by any man. No proof Jesus was the father.

Hey, let's find the body of Jesus and do a DNA test on the Jerry Springer show. Want to?