• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Married? It's either yes or no.

blue taylor

The marriage of the Savior was taught more often in early church history, by leaders like President Brigham Young, George Q. Cannon, President Wilford Woodruff, Orson Pratt, Jedediah M. Grant, President Joseph F. Smith, and President Heber C. Kimball, to name just a few. In a General Conference address on October 6, 1854, Orson Hyde of the Quorum of the Twelve discussed the Savior’s wedding recounted in the Bible:

"…Jesus was the bridegroom at the marriage of Cana of Galilee, and he told them what to do. Now there was actually a marriage, and if Jesus was not the bridegroom on that occasion, please tell who was. If any man can show this, and prove that it was not the Savior of the world, then I will acknowledge I am in error. We say it was Jesus Christ who was married, to be brought into the relation whereby he could see his seed, before he was crucified." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 82, 83).

http://www.mormonchronicle.com/our-married-savior-jesus-christ/

Just food for thought. Or debate.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The bible doesn't say anything about Jesus having one sexual thought, ever. The church is his bride, case closed.

Palehorse

Some people believe the French own the blood line to Jesus Christ. Only GOD has access to that geneology. Unless his sandals were handed down from generation to generation. Or maybe he has crocs now?:confused:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Now that you mention it, why would a god need to poop?
Probably wouldn't have needed to as a divine being. Though he shouldn't have needed to eat, sleep or have blood. Human substitute in all but 'sin' I guess.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Did he actually drink the wine? Not scriptural.
I think this is one of those cases where the silence actually speaks to us. If Jesus was known to have abstained from wine then that would have been mentioned. We do have passages where Jesus was criticized for not living the ascetic lifestyle that John the Baptist apparently did. Jesus probably drank wine.

Was he married? I dunno. The argument from silence seems to work either way there.

Brian Schuh

Some dethroned royal European dude got on television some years ago, claiming Mary Magdalena was found pregnant with the baby of Jesus at his trial, and that he descended from this baby, and he was whining about not being a king, *****ing he wanted his kingdom. I don't know. In other news, someone saw Elvis getting into a UFO.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Some dethroned royal European dude got on television some years ago, claiming Mary Magdalena was found pregnant with the baby of Jesus at his trial, and that he descended from this baby, and he was whining about not being a king, *****ing he wanted his kingdom. I don't know. In other news, someone saw Elvis getting into a UFO.
What is more far-fetched between being married and being sinless.

Brian Schuh

What is more far-fetched between being married and being sinless.
I mean it is far fetched that a royal guy expects a kingdom just because he has got a genealogy back to Jesus and Mary Magdalena. Even if it is true, doesn't mean he should be a king.

Yeah, Jesus could have had a wife and kids. In other news, aliens come back to Roswell, New Mexico looking for their dead.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Jesus never married in the NT or the OT.

The wedding feast in heaven spoken of in Revelation is for Jesus and His bride, the Church.

Mormons need to study the Bible and throw all of their other "religious" books in the trash. Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church teaches much doctrine against that of Christ.