• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam invented by the Catholic Church

CaptainBritain

I have been reading a lot on this lately, its would explain a lot of the Greek medical knowledge in the Quran that they pass off as miracles of the Quran these days, I am led to understand that Mo was best pals with a Catholic friar and one of his wives was a Catholic.
Also the Qurans tone towards Christians starts off as almost call Christians brothers and finishes off with not being so much so, this is more greatly seen in the sunnah through in the prophets own words.

Like the relationship was soured, kind of CIA-Bin Laden style.

Apparently from what is written it was a rouse to get hold of the Holy city and to deal with and unify Catholic/Christian factions.

Please google the phrase "was Islam invented by the Catholic Church" for lots of info on this topic.

Look for a Jesuit priest who's name escapes me right now.

please discuss, could be nothing more than a Roswell style hoax but it has made me wonder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira

above is a link to the wiki page about the Nestorian monk that groomed the young Mo.

Last edited:

Jontehs

Premium Member
:biglaugh:No the Catholic Church did not create Islam. There is no evidence for that theory. basically only anti-Catholics who say things like this trying to smear the Catholic church

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
above is a link to the wiki page about the Nestorian monk that groomed the young Mo.
Further evidence that Wikipedia should not be used for any kind of serious research.

In regards to the OP, thanks for the good belly laugh. Um, no, the Catholic Church did not invent Islam. I think that a lack of critical thinking skills might have something to do with these outlandish rumors.

Last edited:

CaptainBritain

:biglaugh:No the Catholic Church did not create Islam. There is no evidence for that theory. basically only anti-Catholics who say things like this trying to smear the Catholic church

Forgive me but the link I gave does class as a source of evidence, that a nestorian monk spoon fed the young Mo, this is acknowledged by both sides in the earliest available writings, I would be willing to accept this was just one rogue monk and the Catholic powers knew nothing but a member of the Jesuit order says differently that is two pieces of evidence with many supporting pieces, that need to be refuted for a start for there to be no evidence, one thing is for certain is that it certainly casts doubt on Mo's claim to divine inspiration.

CaptainBritain

Oy vey. I guess it is asking too much for people to get off their butts and go visit a library, right? It's a big building filled with things called books............. :rolleyes:

:DYes it is too much to ask, this is a forum thread, who runs to the library on account of that when the computer they are tapping away at will do the job?

Im a realist at heart.

Bismillah

Submit
Brilliant save for the fact that contact between Bahira and the Prophet was limited in the extreme and was chanced upon a merchant trip to Syria at a time where the coming of a Prophet was prophesied.

CaptainBritain

Brilliant save for the fact that contact between Bahira and the Prophet was limited in the extreme and was chanced upon a merchant trip to Syria at a time where the coming of a Prophet was prophesied.

Sure thats the Islamic side of the story but then why wouldnt it be?
plus the Catholic wife stuck around a bit longer.

Last edited:

Jontehs

Premium Member
Sure thats the Islamic side of the story but then why wouldnt it be?
Its so fringe idea that any serious scholars don't accept this idea. And see this a crazy conspiracy theory. And why would catholic church create a religion which denies the trinity and Jesus divinity?. It doesn't make any sense

CaptainBritain

Its so fringe idea that any serious scholars don't accept this idea. And see this a crazy conspiracy theory. And why would catholic church create a religion which denies the trinity and Jesus divinity?. It doesn't make any sense

Why does the US spend billions arming tin pot regimes around the World and then fight the countries they armed?.

If no conspiracy, it certainly looks as though the Catholic Church was Islams parent, the earliest writings on the christian side claim Islam to be a heretic christian sect.

Have an enemy that denies your Saviours divinity but claims your God as theirs has its advantages.

Bismillah

Submit
Clearly one of the most vigorously documented men in the history of our species had a secret mentor whose presence was undocumented throughout the Prophet's full life.

Furthermore one would expect that the theological premises of Catholicism would find shelter within Islams own spiritual boundaries that is not the case. Islam line by line rejects the particular train of thought that leads to Christianity.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I think its as unlikely as you can possibly get,Muhammed obviously had knowledge of Judaism and Christianity before the claimed revelation but thats as far as it goes IMO,besides the Catholic Church isn't that smart,one word "Condom" tells the story on its own.

CaptainBritain

I think its as unlikely as you can possibly get,Muhammed obviously had knowledge of Judaism and Christianity before the claimed revelation but thats as far as it goes IMO,besides the Catholic Church isn't that smart,one word "Condom" tells the story on its own.

Not so sure on the not smart part, condoms do defend against STD's but they also prevent new Catholics being born

while I agree the magnitude of it all seems far fetched, the theory that Mo learnt what he learnt from Catholic and Greek sources does seem a lot more plausable than divine revelation given that the Quran contains mostly altered versions of Biblical stories and knowledge fully familiar to the Greek and Roman mind of the day.

For example there is the claim that the N/T contained a prophecy of Mo's coming but the Catholics erased that part.

No Christian would be prepared to accept that theory but its a claim made by many Muslims that the Bible was corrupted so.
No evidence of such corruption exists that I have found.

For a person to learn of Christian scripture and then to run away with it and create a whole new ball of wax has happened many times in history as I am sure you are familiar with, Islam could be just one in a long line of faiths that started this way.

Either that or it was simply divine revelation and we should all revert immediatly

CaptainBritain

Clearly one of the most vigorously documented men in the history of our species had a secret mentor whose presence was undocumented throughout the Prophet's full life.

Furthermore one would expect that the theological premises of Catholicism would find shelter within Islams own spiritual boundaries that is not the case. Islam line by line rejects the particular train of thought that leads to Christianity.

A created enemy that agrees with everything you say is not a created enemy.