• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

warning labels?

Should the bible koran and evolution books have warning labels to them ?
I mean sigarets have warning labels, tv has warning labels and even the internet has warning labels. so why not books that 70% of the people have.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I mean sigarets have warning labels, tv has warning labels and even the internet has warning labels. so why not books that 70% of the people have.

Warning for what? :sarcastic
Sigarets have addictive and bad for your healt. Tv's have electricity and maybe sharp edges or so...

and internet with warninglabels? :D

When a bible is being presented in a school it might should have a label, same for when Origin is shown in a church.
"Warning: may contain evolutionary biology which does not concur with this church's views"
lol..

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
When a bible is being presented in a school it might should have a label, same for when Origin is shown in a church.
"Warning: may contain evolutionary biology which does not concur with this church's views"
lol..

Ouch!!!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
how about this?

bible-disclaimer-labelthumbnail.png

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
how about this?

bible-disclaimer-labelthumbnail.png

I don't think I've experienced and delusions, hallucinations, decreased cognative and objective reasoning abilities, pathological disorders, hatred, bigotry, violence, fanaticism, murder, and/or genocide.

Is it a work of fiction?

gnomon

Cobb County, Georgia essentially put a warning label on biology textbooks a few years ago. That didn't go over so well.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Books are just words unless you give meaning to them.

Perhaps we should put individual warnings on people. ;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't think I've experienced and delusions, hallucinations, decreased cognative and objective reasoning abilities, pathological disorders, hatred, bigotry, violence, fanaticism, murder, and/or genocide.

Is it a work of fiction?

I haven't had any of those things, either. Besides that, if anyone has a bible it is because they wanted it. :)

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I haven't had any of those things, either. Besides that, if anyone has a bible it is because they wanted it. :)
Eh....
I typically get 1 a year from random people I meet.

I don't see why it should have warning lables... everyone knows what the bible is. They don't need to have a warning lable on it.
Of course they do.
People get shocked when they realize that their warm coffee is warm. We need instructions on blenders saying "Do not lick blades when the blender is powered on". Imagine the damage one could do with a book? What if somebody choked on it?

.lava

Veteran Member

:D:D:D:D:D

i assure you there are plenty of 'warnings' in Qur'an.

.lava

Veteran Member
"8:12, I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

There sure are..

[13] This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: if any contend against Allah and His Messenger

no one can defeat God. but that would not be my point. the point is; there is a huge difference between being an atheist today and looking into eyes of a Prophet, see goodness and peaceful divine but still attend to kill him.