• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War, the final battle.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But Allah does not ever forgive and his hell has all facilities to torture unbelievers? Is that right, Conscious Thoughts?
If an Atheist live a very morally right life (according to scripture) they will still be forgiven for those wrongs they do, but of course asking for forgivness and accepting that we do not live up to Gods "standard" is something everyone has to do.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A fault i do every day in some form is to think i know or understand better than i do.
Do you think that your God would chuckle at such things, or put yet another black mark against your name?

Even it is not intentionally i happen to speak with swearing when i get frustrated.
The swearing is fine.
Your frustration can reduce if you think about it, it's causes, etc.

Spiritual teaching is about how to get back to God, it teaches the path we must take within our one "self" to end the ego and replace it with God
If I may make comment?.........
I am guessing that you do not have a Spiritual Teacher, and I am guessing that you do not teach others about Spirituality, so there are no teachers involved in what you do.

And so 'Spiritual Learning' might be more successful, if you can fathom what 'Spiritual' actually is.

As a Deist I am surrounded by God at every second, see God in every direction, with every touch, sound, smell, taste and view. God is everything from the villain snatching a handbag to the man putting a new tyre on my old car. So I cannot get closer to God because I am a tiny part of God. A God so vast that I am unnoticed.

So I will continue to glance at certain ladies...... swear when I cannot think of the correct word...... have occasional secret McDonald's breakfasts and tell fibs if my wife questions me about such things..... and more. God isn't listening.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you think that your God would chuckle at such things, or put yet another black mark against your name?

The swearing is fine.
Your frustration can reduce if you think about it, it's causes, etc.

If I may make comment?.........
I am guessing that you do not have a Spiritual Teacher, and I am guessing that you do not teach others about Spirituality, so there are no teachers involved in what you do.

And so 'Spiritual Learning' might be more successful, if you can fathom what 'Spiritual' actually is.

As a Deist I am surrounded by God at every second, see God in every direction, with every touch, sound, smell, taste and view. God is everything from the villain snatching a handbag to the man putting a new tyre on my old car. So I cannot get closer to God because I am a tiny part of God. A God so vast that I am unnoticed.

So I will continue to glance at certain ladies...... swear when I cannot think of the correct word...... have occasional secret McDonald's breakfasts and tell fibs if my wife questions me about such things..... and more. God isn't listening.
Swearing as a muslim is not ok :)
Frustration is an attachment i should try to reduse or gain controll on

I have a teacher who is a Sufi Shayk. Lokman Effendi is my teacher

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The winter is over in India. We are averaging 30+, minimum around 15.
Ah....... the heat of an Indian Summer would finish me off, I think.
And yet I hate cold winds from the Baltic and Siberia.... like this morning!

Badgers must be truly temperate animals. :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Allah is most forgiving to those who following His teaching.
Why?
Why would Allah make so many rules for a tiny species of folks on a minuscule planet among many thousands of billions of others?

Only your action words and thoughts can send you to heaven or hell. If we do as Allah ask of us heaven awaits us, if er dont care and follow our ego we can end in hell yes
Heaven or Hell is where you are at this moment...... there isn't any other variety, imo.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why?
Why would Allah make so many rules for a tiny species of folks on a minuscule planet among many thousands of billions of others?

Heaven or Hell is where you are at this moment...... there isn't any other variety, imo.
The rules are there for us to know how purify our mind and heart. Beings in heaven can not have any impurities

Humans have different understanding of heaven and hell

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Swearing as a muslim is not ok :)
Oh....... then I'm toast, I'm afraid. :)

Frustration is an attachment i should try to reduse or gain controll on
When I reached a certain age the frustrations of life just fell away from me.
I live by the day now, and the World can just go swirling on past me.
My great trials today are to feed the ducks, clean the bathroom, play with the little hounds and then go collect my wife. This afternoon I will snooze in front of the telly.
No frustrations. :)
If God doesn't like that then I will just have to be in hell, but I will be as content as the pains will allow.

I have a teacher who is a Sufi Shayk. Lokman Effendi is my teacher
Does Lokman Effendi teach you freely, or does he ask for payment?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Oh....... then I'm toast, I'm afraid. :)

When I reached a certain age the frustrations of life just fell away from me.
I live by the day now, and the World can just go swirling on past me.
My great trials today are to feed the ducks, clean the bathroom, play with the little hounds and then go collect my wife. This afternoon I will snooze in front of the telly.
No frustrations. :)
If God doesn't like that then I will just have to be in hell, but I will be as content as the pains will allow.

Does Lokman Effendi teach you freely, or does he ask for payment?
I do not pay to be his student:) everyone are welcome to listen to him. But he does have certain requierments before he accept a student on a deeper level

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not focus on the bad, i see it and accept that is how the world have become, that does not mean i want to take part in making it worse. So i use Islamic teaching to make the world a better place. But most important, to remove the filth from within my own being.
Filth? Not part of my thinking.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not pay to be his student:) everyone are welcome to listen to him. But he does have certain requierments before he accept a student on a deeper level

Does he have a job? How does he eat?

I'm curious about the requirements. In my Hindu sampradaya, although the teaching is publicly availble, the actual members (closer students) are under 4 vows.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Does he have a job? How does he eat?

I'm curious about the requirements. In my Hindu sampradaya, although the teaching is publicly availble, the actual members (closer students) are under 4 vows.
My teacher is full time spiritual teacher and leader of the tarika, i do not know who provid for the food there.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Allah is most forgiving to those who following His teaching.
Only your action words and thoughts can send you to heaven or hell. If we do as Allah ask of us heaven awaits us, if er dont care and follow our ego we can end in hell yes
Why must I follow any teaching by others, don't I have my own mind? And what my mind tells me is that there is no Allah, no messengers. It was only a strategy to establish oneself. Today also there are people who dominate with what was created at that time and cause immense loss to humanity - Islamic State for example. Religion is nothing else but a quest for power.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Why must I follow any teaching by others, don't I have my own mind? And what my mind tells me is that there is no Allah, no messengers. It was only a strategy to establish oneself. Today also there are people who dominate with what was created at that time and cause immense loss to humanity - Islamic State for example. Religion is nothing else but a quest for power.

Are you your own doctor, your own plumber, your own mechanic?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I dont tell what you should believe or follow, just explaining what i believe

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. but Baha'u'llah did not write much about it because (a) we could never understand its nature since there are no words that could convey it, since it is so different from this earthly life, and (b) if we knew what it is like we would hasten our own end.
A good excuse to bypass the question - "You would not understand if I were to tell you". Good for people who just make-up things. Words can express all things very clearly if someone knows how to use them.
Another good excuse - "I am doing you a favor because if I tell you, you will die".
No doubt Bahaollah was smart, knew how to deflect questions. That is why he could gather a following of some uneducated Iranians of the 19th Century.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are you your own doctor, your own plumber, your own mechanic?
No, I am not. But I have enough intelligence to differentiate between truth and falsehood.
If an Atheist live a very morally right life (according to scripture) they will still be forgiven for those wrongs they do, but of course asking for forgivness and accepting that we do not live up to Gods "standard" is something everyone has to do.
I do not need any forgiveness, because I know God is human imagination and after-life is completely different from what is mentioned by religions. It is chemical disintegration and assimilation in millions of living and non-living things.
A fault i do every day in some form is to think i know or understand better than i do.
It depends on one's family, up-bringing. This is what my family instilled in me. I never use any abusive word and never swear.

Last edited: