• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War, the final battle.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We know exactly what happens after death - Chemical recycling of what composes the body.
That's what happens to the body, but not the soul. At death, the soul takes its flight to the spiritual world.
What happens after that is anyone's best guess because Baha'u'llah kept that under His Hat...

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I’ve always held the personal view that some sort of nuclear attack will begin, but the earth, unable to sustain the shock, will cause a global earthquake, destroying many cities thus stopping the war with natural worldwide devastation.

At that point, world leaders will assemble, likely virtually, and agree unanimously upon simultaneous disarmament while settling their disputes and establishing some sort of pact where the interests of humanity as a whole will come before the interests of any nation.

A world parliament will be elected to administer a world federation with a world court. There will be a world metropolis with an auxiliary optional second world language to facilitate communications. The principles of justice and human rights will be universal law with a world constitution.

Collective security will ensure oppressive dictatorships can no longer exist with the rule of law being the standard not rule by military. Military budgets which total $trillions will be invested in things like cleaning the environment, agriculture, science, medicine, cures for illness, universal free Medicare and education of all the world’s people in an art, trade or profession to eliminate poverty.

A world civilisation with a world culture will emerge out of the chaos of current day conflict and competition and all humanity will consider themselves of one race, the human race.

There are so many wonders which await humanity, a golden age, that we can now but dimly envisage.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If a believer lives a very morally wrong life, what wrongs are they doing?
Whether a person is a believer or a non-believer, that does not matter. But if they live in a society, then they should follow the laws of that society / country, otherwise they might be punished.

Of course, you did not reply to the question posed by Salixincendium.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Whether a person is a believer or a non-believer, that does not matter. But if they live in a society, then they should follow the laws of that society / country, otherwise they might be punished.
Baha'is are required to follow the laws of the country in which they live, but not for fear of punishment, but because being lawful is the right thing to do to.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Only if one has Christian beliefs.
"God will verily do unto them that which they themselves are doing, and will forget them even as they have ignored His Presence in His day. Such is His decree unto those that have denied Him, and such will it be unto them that have rejected His signs."
Amen.
Even th Bahai God will not raise them on the final day - something which does not bother me. We live only once. I am not a fool to be taken up by all that talk and promise of a life after death.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Baha'is are required to follow the laws of the country in which they live, but not for fear of punishment, but because being lawful is the right thing to do to.
That is what Salix was asking you. If a person is not involved in any evil deed but is a non-believer, does not believe in the taketh and giveth of your uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher, is it something wrong that he is doing?
But the difference is that now we have to unite the whole world! ;)
Well, carry on, you will be suitably paid for it (by Allah, of course, :)). But do not hope for a 8 billion membership for Bahai faith. That would be foolishness.
That's what happens to the body, but not the soul. At death, the soul takes its flight to the spiritual world.
What happens after that is anyone's best guess because Baha'u'llah kept that under His Hat...
Existence of soul, like the existence of Allah / God, is human imagination.
I understand what he uttereth. He knew nothing of Chemistry or Biology. He was uneducated. He said that clearly in his Kitab-i-Aqdas. He never studied in a school, not even an Iranian one.
I’ve always held the personal view that a some sort of nuclear attack will begin, but the earth, unable to sustain the shock, will cause a global earthquake, destroying many cities thus stopping the war with natural worldwide devastation.
Study some science. Nuclear Bombs cannot start even a local earthquake, what to talk of a global one. Science uses small detonations to study the different layers in earth's crust. Nuclear bombs used to be tested underground. That is what India did in Pokharan with its first nuclear bomb in 1974 (and US was unaware of it :)) - Smiling Buddha.

a-12.jpg
1*cWIA2BsudXLL7aeoxfkYiw.jpeg

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The Office or shop workers can't manage that. Transport takes time and is costly. So, once you are in office, you leave only when the duty is over (currently and generally 48 to 40 hours a week, and people will remain at their place of work from 6 am to 7 pm - 13 hours)? Add two hours for transport, many people come from far off places to metropolitan cities, that makes it 15 hours. That does not help. It can happen only in small cities.
Wow....... Aupmanyav, it looks as if I have led a very comfy and spoiled life, compared with your people. This summer I promise not to moan about any heat in Kent, England. :)

Dave Watchman

An asteroid could be coming my way and I would still work as I must, when the day came, I would sit down and watch the show. ;)

At least the last moments would be an amazing show!

Regards Tony

That's the attitude Tony, that's the way to do it.

My read on it is far more fatalistic than anyone else.

I don't think we have 10 years.

I think the apocalypse is happening right now.

The majority of the world is at war with God.

Satan has gathered them for the great battle.

Jesus is coming back to roll this whole place up like a scroll.

But it will go down fast when it starts.

Behold, He comes quickly.

Like taking a heptad, a week, to set up the dominoes in a school gymnasium, then only a minute for it all to go down.

The time is come for God to destroy the destroyers.

"The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

The Earth got destroyed.

The land will vomit out it's inhabitants.

Last night at 8:15 EST the asteroid Apophis passed by Earth.

The next trip will be on Friday the 13th, 2029.

Peaceful Sabbath.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's the attitude Tony, that's the way to do it.

My read on it is far more fatalistic than anyone else.

I don't think we have 10 years.

I think the apocalypse is happening right now.

The majority of the world is at war with God.

Satan has gathered them for the great battle.

Jesus is coming back to roll this whole place up like a scroll.

But it will go down fast when it starts.

Behold, He comes quickly.

Like taking a heptad, a week, to set up the dominoes in a school gymnasium, then only a minute for it all to go down.

The time is come for God to destroy the destroyers.

"The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

The Earth got destroyed.

The land will vomit out it's inhabitants.

Last night at 8:15 EST the asteroid Apophis passed by Earth.

The next trip will be on Friday the 13th, 2029.

Peaceful Sabbath.

We have no way of knowing, but as you have noted, God has indeed warned us adequately. Thee is a lot on this topic in the Baha'i Writings, to me it really expands on what you will find in the Bible.

It is the Baha'i Fast from March 1st to March 19th, Naw Ruz (New Year) of March 20th.

Peace and blessings upon you and all humanity also.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Study some science. Nuclear Bombs cannot start even a local earthquake, what to talk of a global one. Science uses small detonations to study the different layers in earth's crust. Nuclear bombs used to be tested underground. That is what India did in Pokharan with its first nuclear bomb in 1974 (and US was unaware of it :)) - Smiling Buddha.

This confirms Local earthquakes are possible.

Also I doubt science has yet grasped what these explosions, combined with mining, water, oil and gas extraction are actully doing to our planet.

I've always wondered: do nuclear tests affect tectonic plates and cause earthquakes or volcanic eruptions?

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"God will verily do unto them that which they themselves are doing, and will forget them even as they have ignored His Presence in His day. Such is His decree unto those that have denied Him, and such will it be unto them that have rejected His signs."
Amen.
That's right, because Baha'u'llah did write that. :)
Even the Bahai God will not raise them on the final day - something which does not bother me. We live only once. I am not a fool to be taken up by all that talk and promise of a life after death.
There is no "raising" of the dead in the Baha'i Faith. We all go to the same place, the spiritual world, and then we gravitate to whatever level we belong on according to our faith and deeds. Baha'u'llah never even described the life of a believer so there is no way anyone can know what the life of a nonbeliever will be like. The knowledge is with God alone.

“As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings, pp. 345-346

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is what Salix was asking you. If a person is not involved in any evil deed but is a non-believer, does not believe in the taketh and giveth of your uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher, is it something wrong that he is doing?
I think you answered that in you answered that in what you quoted from Baha'u'llah in your previous post to me.

Aupmanyav said: "God will verily do unto them that which they themselves are doing, and will forget them even as they have ignored His Presence in His day. Such is His decree unto those that have denied Him, and such will it be unto them that have rejected His signs."
Well, carry on, you will be suitably paid for it (by Allah, of course, :)). But do not hope for a 8 billion membership for Bahai faith. That would be foolishness.
I do not expect to see that any time soon either, but I expect to see more than 8 million in the future, after God has exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in heaven and on earth.

“Warn and acquaint the people, O Servant, with the things We have sent down unto Thee, and let the fear of no one dismay Thee, and be Thou not of them that waver. The day is approaching when God will have exalted His Cause and magnified His testimony in the eyes of all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 248

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
This confirms Local earthquakes are possible.
Well, if you take Grade 1 also as an earthquake. Most of the time, we do not even feel grade 4 or grade 5 earthquakes in Delhi.
"The city falls in seismic zone IV - a very high-risk zone."
12 mild earthquakes since June, Delhi feels tremors again
".. their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.”
Yeah, I understand the subterfuge. Difficult questions - say God did not give you this info.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
God notices for sure but He has told us it’s our duty to clean up our own mess not His. He sent Baha’u’llah to humanity with teachings of oneness, unity and collective security which, if we adopted and carried them out there wouldn’t have been a Cambodia, Burma Northern Ireland or Rwanda but we refused expecting God to do everything for us. Simply not on.

And until we wake up to ourselves and realise that we have to fix the world not God, nothing is going to change.

It’s up to people to establish justice in the world not God.
So the Baha'is believe that God has sent several messengers. But, people still mess things up. Now God has sent a new messenger that has told us how to clean up the mess. But it sounds like it requires people to accept God's new messenger and put God's plan into action?

So your God just lets so many tragedies and horrors happen?
God let's bad stuff happen to teach us a lesson... that we better listen to him?

What the world now sees is a result of rejecting the Father.
So the tragedies happened because didn't listen to God's new messenger?

What will unfold is that, we as humanity, will face a series of Global crisis that are showing us we need to work together as one people.
So bad things will continue until people listen to God's new messenger? Then, there will be no more bad things happen?

So in a Bahá’í world, a government could not do what the Burmese military is doing today, slaughtering their own unarmed people including ambulance men and doctors. They would be brought to justice swiftly through the entire world unitedly using every means possible to destroy them and ensure the people are safe and secure.
So bad things like this would be stopped in a Baha'i world, because all the "good" leaders of all the "good" nations would send their "good", "righteous" military people over there to destroy the "evil" leaders and their "evil" military forces?

It has already been offered that the next sage of the evolution of man requires the Governments of the world to embrace unity.
Yes, Baha'u'llah offered the leaders of the world to accept him and establish peace, but they ignored him. So, God went with plan B... let wars, famine, pestilence and natural disasters maim and kill people? But then, once we do accept God's plan, God will no longer need to maim and kill people to get them to listen?

At one moment you tell us that we have free will, then you tell us what is required.
Yes, God, apparently, allows us to make our own choices. Knowing that most all of us will make lots of wrong choices... especially when it comes to believing that Baha'u'llah is God's prophet for today. So because people have, by their own free will choice, chosen to reject him, then God punishes all the people of the world? What a great thread. I'm learning so much.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, God, apparently, allows us to make our own choices. Knowing that most all of us will make lots of wrong choices... especially when it comes to believing that Baha'u'llah is God's prophet for today. So because people have, by their own free will choice, chosen to reject him, then God punishes all the people of the world? What a great thread. I'm learning so much.

CG, you are still saying it is God that is making our choices.

God gives us the required balance and warns us of what wrong choices will do to the balance of this world. Knowledge of our choices, is not the cause.

This world is created perfectly to balance those choices. We keep the balance and the balance is maintained, the world would treat us kindly.

We tip the balance and it needs to be righted. Reward and Punishment, Karma, Yin and Yang etc.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm amazed. Three totally different concepts, one of them not even written correctly, and yet you somehow lump them all together as if there's some relation. Watermelon, gneiss, and jokes.

If you wish to see it that way, that's OK.

Now personally I could use a Yin and Yan explanation to give a great explanation for Reward and Punishment.

Which is to me "describing how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another."

That is the optomist that I am. :D

Regards Tony

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Interesting..... innit?
God loves us but lets horrors happen because it's education.
It's ok if tragedies and wars happen 'cos there's a reason.
In fact it doesn't matter what happens....... it's all part of the plan.
But the plan is kept secret 'cos we wouldn't understand it.