• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wan't to reduce abortions - Make them legal !!

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This counter intuitive finding comes out of a study by the Guttmacher Institute...

Abortion rates fell as countries made it legal and OK'd birth control

Of course this report resorted to facts rather than emotions, so it will be ignored.;)

I just skimmed the article, but I didn't see a case made for abortion rates going down due to legalizing abortion. As we all know, correlation is not causation.

Abortion rates go down when the number of unwanted pregnancies goes down, which relates more to sex education and access to contraceptives, which is what the last half of the article addresses..

Altfish

Veteran Member
I just skimmed the article, but I didn't see a case made for abortion rates going down due to legalizing abortion. As we all know, correlation is not causation.

Abortion rates go down when the number of unwanted pregnancies goes down, which relates more to sex education and access to contraceptives, which is what the last half of the article addresses..
But those tend to go together, that's why Planned Parenthood is so important in the US

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This counter intuitive finding comes out of a study by the Guttmacher Institute...

Abortion rates fell as countries made it legal and OK'd birth control

Of course this report resorted to facts rather than emotions, so it will be ignored.;)
Since increased availability of birth control almost always comes with legalized abortion it only stands to reason. What I am amazed at are the number of "pro-life" believers that do not advocate for free and readily available birth control.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Since increased availability of birth control almost always comes with legalized abortion it only stands to reason. What I am amazed at are the number of "pro-life" believers that do not advocate for free and readily available birth control.
Precisely, provide good contraception advice and unplanned pregnancies reduce.