• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vindictive Vitriolic Apologists

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean by "taking them on." I think you have to pick your battles. At least that's what I've found in my experience. Most people who are truly "vindictive and vitriolic" will only be further provoked by anyone who has the audacity to suggest that there might be another perspective worth considering. I tend to "take them on" (if I'm understanding you correctly) only until it becomes clear to me that we're going around in circles and it's never going to stop. If a dispute or difference of opinion seems to have some possible resolution, then I'll continue trying to reason with the person.
By 'taking them on' I only meant putting out another counter argument at least once. If somebody doesn't say something, the offending person might think incorrectly that since nobody is disagreeing, everyone agrees with them.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
By 'taking them on' I only meant putting out another counter argument at least once. If somebody doesn't say something, the offending person might think incorrectly that since nobody is disagreeing, everyone agrees with them.
Absolutely. Definitely once and maybe even a few times. It's just that there are some people who absolutely HAVE to have the final word. With people like that, I pretty much let them.

Fallen Prophet

Vindictive Vitriolic Apologists.

Is there any point to the faith of such people who so evidently have lost the battle with their egos?

What about people who suspect you of being hate filled because you dare to express comments indicative that you haven't bowed down in submission to their particular understanding of a particular topic/religion?

/End rant
This literally just happened to me. I answered a question and this guy made a big deal. He made another thread and then gave me grief when I didn't do as he wanted.

Clara Tea

Vindictive Vitriolic Apologists.

Is there any point to the faith of such people who so evidently have lost the battle with their egos?

What about people who suspect you of being hate filled because you dare to express comments indicative that you haven't bowed down in submission to their particular understanding of a particular topic/religion?

/End rant

Leggo of my eggo (or ego).

One must always graciously accept comments, because humility is a major attribute that attracts God. Of course, if we are all humble, we all must believe that there are others, far more worthy, to go to heaven.