• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vigilism

Master Vigil

Just thought I would post this to let others understand what a Vigil is. Enjoy. :D

Vigil, what does this word mean? And why would I attribute it to my spirituality? It is in the essence of humility and constant learning that I use it so lovingly. In these days of technology, we as humans believe to be in control. Yet, we are constantly suffering from stress, depression, and anxiety. Do these problems exist elsewhere? In animals or plants? If so, certainly not to the same extent. Why is this? Perhaps it is our society, our upbringing, or our genes? Or the simple fact that we lost our simplicity. We lost our humility, and we brought it upon ourselves. The nature of being a Vigil is rooted deeply within its definition. To be watchful, awake, aware, etc... This is how a Vigil lives, and how one learns.​

The world is a place animated by spirits, or simply energy. This energy flows naturally, and is sacred. And when one becomes aware and is able to understand the way it flows, one can mold their life to be in sync with this sacred spiritual flow. And when one has achieved this; stress, depression, and anxiety are alleviated. And a beautiful spiritual cultivation changes one's life. This is what a Vigil strives to achieve.​

About The Symbol:
vigil symbol.bmp
A good way to understand what a Vigil is, is by studying the symbol above...
This symbol represents many things. For one, it represents the universe. But as a Vigil, we must look at how it represents us. A vigil must be aware of the way of nature, and these are the ways of nature this symbol represents...
1. Circle: representing the whole, the all, Tao.
2. Spiral: motion in which nature acts, cycles, change.
3. 2 sides: the dualistic nature of the universe, with the middle circle being the balance of the two sides. (Peace). While the universe is noticeably, dualistic, the extremes are what cause stress. A Vigil looks to achieve balance within their lives, themselves, and the universe. Thus the middle circle is the epitome of a Vigil’s journey. It is the part where the two sides meet, and are no longer noticeable. There is such perfect harmony that the two opposing sides no longer exist.
Also note that the two sides are not a different color. Though they are different and opposing, a Vigil sees neither as better or worse, each have equal value and purpose in the nature of the universe.
4. The center circle can be seen as one person’s view or perception. While it is a part of the whole, it is not the only part. A Vigil strives to be aware of all that is outside of our "little circle." The best criticism comes from outside sources.
5. The middle circle can also be seen as a full moon, while the two sides can be seen as two crescent moons, one waxing and one waning. This denotes the natural moon cycles that are sacred to a Vigil.
6. It can also be seen as the earth spinning on it’s axis. This denotes the cycles of seasons, which are also sacred to a vigil. But also denotes the natural motion, and change that exists everywhere in the universe.
7. It can also be seen as the solar system, with the sun in the center, and all the planets rotating around it​

Ori

Angel slayer
Thank you for sharing this information with us Master Vigil, it sounds pretty cool.

Have you had many people take this up?

Master Vigil

I have 3 students that have acheived Junior Vigil. But I'm not out to convert. As far as I'm concerned, there are Vigil's in all religions. The word isn't as important.

windcarver

Master Vigil said:
Just thought I would post this to let others understand what a Vigil is. Enjoy. :D

Vigil, what does this word mean? And why would I attribute it to my spirituality? It is in the essence of humility and constant learning that I use it so lovingly. In these days of technology, we as humans believe to be in control. Yet, we are constantly suffering from stress, depression, and anxiety. Do these problems exist elsewhere? In animals or plants? If so, certainly not to the same extent. Why is this? Perhaps it is our society, our upbringing, or our genes? Or the simple fact that we lost our simplicity. We lost our humility, and we brought it upon ourselves. The nature of being a Vigil is rooted deeply within its definition. To be watchful, awake, aware, etc... This is how a Vigil lives, and how one learns.​

The world is a place animated by spirits, or simply energy. This energy flows naturally, and is sacred. And when one becomes aware and is able to understand the way it flows, one can mold their life to be in sync with this sacred spiritual flow. And when one has achieved this; stress, depression, and anxiety are alleviated. And a beautiful spiritual cultivation changes one's life. This is what a Vigil strives to achieve.​

About The Symbol:
vigil symbol.bmp
A good way to understand what a Vigil is, is by studying the symbol above...
This symbol represents many things. For one, it represents the universe. But as a Vigil, we must look at how it represents us. A vigil must be aware of the way of nature, and these are the ways of nature this symbol represents...
1. Circle: representing the whole, the all, Tao.
2. Spiral: motion in which nature acts, cycles, change.
3. 2 sides: the dualistic nature of the universe, with the middle circle being the balance of the two sides. (Peace). While the universe is noticeably, dualistic, the extremes are what cause stress. A Vigil looks to achieve balance within their lives, themselves, and the universe. Thus the middle circle is the epitome of a Vigil’s journey. It is the part where the two sides meet, and are no longer noticeable. There is such perfect harmony that the two opposing sides no longer exist.
Also note that the two sides are not a different color. Though they are different and opposing, a Vigil sees neither as better or worse, each have equal value and purpose in the nature of the universe.
4. The center circle can be seen as one person’s view or perception. While it is a part of the whole, it is not the only part. A Vigil strives to be aware of all that is outside of our "little circle." The best criticism comes from outside sources.
5. The middle circle can also be seen as a full moon, while the two sides can be seen as two crescent moons, one waxing and one waning. This denotes the natural moon cycles that are sacred to a Vigil.
6. It can also be seen as the earth spinning on it’s axis. This denotes the cycles of seasons, which are also sacred to a vigil. But also denotes the natural motion, and change that exists everywhere in the universe.

7. It can also be seen as the solar system, with the sun in the center, and all the planets rotating around it​

This seems a lot like taoism. Actually, I'm kind of confused as to the differences between the two. If anyone can clear this up for me I'd be most appreciative.

Master Vigil

windcarver said:
This seems a lot like taoism. Actually, I'm kind of confused as to the differences between the two. If anyone can clear this up for me I'd be most appreciative.
It is very much like Taoism. The difference is, that no matter what religion you are, you can be spiritually Vigilant. So even though I'm a Taoist Vigil, one can be a Christian Vigil, Shinto Vigil, Buddhist Vigil, Wiccan Vigil, etc... It isn't about organized religion, it's all about being awake and aware of the spirits (energy) and learning from them.

windcarver

Master Vigil said:
It is very much like Taoism. The difference is, that no matter what religion you are, you can be spiritually Vigilant. So even though I'm a Taoist Vigil, one can be a Christian Vigil, Shinto Vigil, Buddhist Vigil, Wiccan Vigil, etc... It isn't about organized religion, it's all about being awake and aware of the spirits (energy) and learning from them.

Thank you for the clarification!:)

Nehustan

Bacon....on a saturday morning, nice idea...but I gave up the full English infidel...ehummm...I mean breakfast some years ago.

Reactions: Ori

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Nehustan said:
Bacon....on a saturday morning, nice idea...but I gave up the full English infidel...ehummm...I mean breakfast some years ago.
Hahahah... yeah he's great. My religion on the ol' RF profile used to be Bacon Nutritionist ;)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
hahaha just look at those paranoid people!!! (in the links) And y'all think conspiracy theorists are bad ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:

This is the bit I find hard; incorporating my awareness of spirits with Christianity........or rather, having people tell me I can't incorporate the two.

Nehustan

michel said:
This is the bit I find hard; incorporating my awareness of spirits with Christianity........or rather, having people tell me I can't incorporate the two.

And yet Michel are we not told that God breathed 'ruh' (spirit) into Adam after he molded him from clay, or that the descending dove is the spirit, or that unless we are reborn of water (the soul) and of the spirit we cannot live. Michel...I really wouldn't listen to half of what people say (not meaning our friends here on RF), if most of them had a brain they be dangerous.:sarcastic

Master Vigil

ChrisP said:
That's easily my fav!!! Nice dude
Thanks, graphic design is one of my freelance interests.

nehustan said:
"quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" ....Master Vigil does.....
Beautiful. :D

divine said:
my only question : where have you hidden the third 6? ;)

seriously though, that's an interesting concept vigil.
HAHA!! If only my view wasn't a dual one, I could put an extra line in there to freak out the christians. :D

michel said:
If you accept the popular idea of "spirit" than perhaps it won't mix. However, my teachings are for the sole purpose of bring awareness to the more accurate definition of "spirit", and that is energy. And when people accept the "energy" concept of spirit, then the incorporation is absolutely possible. And will even (and has) strengthened their understanding of their own faith. Christianity or not.