• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

Pariah

Let go
Ðanisty;885426 said:
I never made it through Xenogears, but the Xenosaga is an excellent story.

Maybe you understand the Bible more, but I have a not-so-unjustified feeling that I am missing a helluva lot of allegory in that story due to my gross ignorance of it. Even a basic understand of the text will not allow you to dive into the nuances of it.

Have you played through the sequels?

But dang, those Japanese are good at weaving stories into a video game.
Did you play Final Fantasy VII/VIII/X? All good stories.

EDIT:
Oh, I forgot she doesn't exist anymore. How do I delete posts?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Maybe you understand the Bible more, but I have a not-so-unjustified feeling that I am missing a helluva lot of allegory in that story due to my gross ignorance of it. Even a basic understand of the text will not allow you to dive into the nuances of it.

EDIT:

I believe you can delete when you go in to edit a post.

I got myself a XBox 360 Saturday and have been plying Halo 3 and Bioshock.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I believe you can delete when you go in to edit a post.

I got myself a XBox 360 Saturday and have been plying Halo 3 and Bioshock.
Did you buy the Halo X-Box 360 edition? I still think they should have packed in the game. I never played any of the Halo titles but damn, I would love to sink my teeth into BioShock.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I have my eye on Metroid Prime Corruption (they really gave it a good review) but I still have to finish the rest of Mtetroid Prime and I reently picked up Metroid Prime Echoes for a good price and I want to go through bith of them before I take on Corruption (that should give it a chance to come down in price). FF12 is also an experience that I would like to delve into.
Yeah, finish up the the original Prime and Echoes first if you can. It's a nice trilogy and it makes Corruption a lot more enjoyable, IMO.

I'll let you know what I think of FF12. ;)

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Okay so I finished POP warrior within. It was a very good game I love that series but am now angry that I cannot play Two thrones yet cuz I don't have it. I am now playing the first GOd of War. I know I know, I paly games late but that's because I am methodical in gameplay. I also must still finish Second Sight. So I have a couple game goals.

(You know you play alot of games when you have goals to set and reach concerning them)

EDIT: Yay for me I am ordering my new vga card tonight. If you guys play games on pc and need a card go to ZipZoomFly. They have free shipping on most if not all of their stuff and free s&h. My kinda site.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Okay so I finished POP warrior within. It was a very good game I love that series but am now angry that I cannot play Two thrones yet cuz I don't have it. I am now playing the first GOd of War. I know I know, I paly games late but that's because I am methodical in gameplay. I also must still finish Second Sight. So I have a couple game goals.
I'm that way too, I can't adjust to the different controller schemes. Finish one game at a time. Don't worry about playing games late, that is when one gets the best bargains. I'm dying to play God Of War 2 but will probably wait until it becomes a Playstation Greatest Hits title. I purchased a PS3 but it will probably be a year before I buy any games for it, they are much too expensive yet.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Yeah, finish up the the original Prime and Echoes first if you can. It's a nice trilogy and it makes Corruption a lot more enjoyable, IMO.

I'll let you know what I think of FF12. ;)
I got stuck on one of the boss monsters in the 1st Metroid and it is a little difficult to get back into it. I hear the 2nd Metroid is even harder but the 3rd lightens up on the difficulty level. Even though I despise doing it, I may have to start Metroid Prime over just to get back into the swing of things.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
OMG I hate starting games over. I had to start over warrior within because I missed a life upgrade. I was so mad because I had gotten so far passed that point. The fun thing about the game though is you pass through the same areas multiple times, so sometimes you can get a upgrade you missed. I really wanted to fight dahaka at the end so I couldn't miss one. Anyway I hate starting games over but will do it in a heartbeat if I feel like I must or I missed something important.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I got stuck on one of the boss monsters in the 1st Metroid and it is a little difficult to get back into it. I hear the 2nd Metroid is even harder but the 3rd lightens up on the difficulty level. Even though I despise doing it, I may have to start Metroid Prime over just to get back into the swing of things.
Which boss? Have you tried gamefaqs.com?

Echoes would be more difficult than Prime if I didn't use a guide. I highly recommend using a guide to avoid a lot of unecessary backtracking. I started out not using it and I just got tired of trying to figure out what to do. Echoes is longer, but if you use the guide, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The website I gave you has free game guides. Check it out!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Which boss? Have you tried gamefaqs.com?

Echoes would be more difficult than Prime if I didn't use a guide. I highly recommend using a guide to avoid a lot of unecessary backtracking. I started out not using it and I just got tired of trying to figure out what to do. Echoes is longer, but if you use the guide, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The website I gave you has free game guides. Check it out!

Thanks for the site, I also use IGN.com for hints. I allow myself one cheat per game but only as a last resort. What I usually do is have mrscardero log on and I will find the area that I am having trouble with and I will play twenty questions with her so that it is still my intellect that is solving the game. Questions like "Does it have anything to do with any statues? DO I have to flick a switch?" She will answer either yes or no, then I know I don't have to waste time on such things. If I can't figure it out from there I will ask her to give me the answer outright. See if you can find a hint buddy that will help you out.

In the case of Metroid Prime, I think it is my ability (not my intellect) that is stopping me from going any further. It is a boss monster that has crystals on it and the player has to first use powerful bursts to detroy the crystals off its body and at the same time with the appropriate gun, take care of these pilot enemies that appear. I think my main problem is not being able to incorporate the strafe with the shooting feature. It is something I will have to work on because the area I am in right now, well.. let's just say that going back in the game to find extra power-ups is really not that appealing.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
cardero said:
See if you can find a hint buddy that will help you out.
Yeah, I probably should. My girlfriend only likes Resident Evil unfortunately. Games are more rewarding when you figure them out yourselves, though.

cardero said:
I think my main problem is not being able to incorporate the strafe with the shooting feature. It is something I will have to work on because the area I am in right now, well.. let's just say that going back in the game to find extra power-ups is really not that appealing.
Strafing definitely helps. That contoller is not the easiest to deal with. As far as those power ups are concerned, I'm pretty sure that site I gave you will have little independant guides for specific power ups, should you ever feel the need. :D

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Did you buy the Halo X-Box 360 edition? I still think they should have packed in the game. I never played any of the Halo titles but damn, I would love to sink my teeth into BioShock.

No I just got a regular XBox 360.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Pat, you aren't by any chance stuck fighting the Omega Pirate, are you?
I did an image search of the Omega pirate and that appears to be the being that I am stuck on. I can get shoot the crystals and disabale him easily enough but when the minions show up, I do not have the dexterity yet to avoid the conflict. I think I may have gotten as far as three waves (Omega Pirate, minions, Omega Pirate, minions, Omega Pirate, minions) but my energy gets exhausted by then. The problem that I can see is that I have not really learn to use the strafe and shoot method effectively, which with a little practice, I could probably conserve a great deal more energy that would be needed to finish the battle.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I did an image search of the Omega pirate and that appears to be the being that I am stuck on. I can get shoot the crystals and disabale him easily enough but when the minions show up, I do not have the dexterity yet to avoid the conflict. I think I may have gotten as far as three waves (Omega Pirate, minions, Omega Pirate, minions, Omega Pirate, minions) but my energy gets exhausted by then. The problem that I can see is that I have not really learn to use the strafe and shoot method effectively, which with a little practice, I could probably conserve a great deal more energy that would be needed to finish the battle.

I figured that was it. That's the the hardest boss fight in Metroid Prime history. :eek:

GameFAQs: Metroid Prime (GC) Boss FAQ by The Mystical One

That should help. Don't scroll down past the Omega Pirate strategy, cause it lists the bosses after him.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
*must get in on MP discussion*

I figured that was it. That's the the hardest boss fight in Metroid Prime history. :eek:

I beg to differ. I' pretty sure Metroid Prime (I'm not REALLY giving anything away, am I?) is the hardest boss fight in Metroid Prime history. Especially after you unlock hard mode. I played all the way through hard mode and didn't even end up beating it because it was so ridiculous.

Oh, and how is Corruption? *wants to play so badly!*

cardero said:

Cadero, I would have to say that you aren't too far off from completing MP. To be honest, I think starting over would be the imprudent decision. Put in a few more hours and get your arse on MP: Echoes!

Mercy Not Sacrifice

EDIT:

Final Fantasy X, IMO, has one of the greatest storylines ever. Its gameplay was okay, but the storyline alone was worth playing through the entire game a second time.

I just finished FFXII. Its storyline wasn't nearly as compelling, but I really liked the new real-time battles and the gambits. I can see gambits becoming an integral part of not just future Final Fantasies, but much of gaming itself.

(For those wondering what gambits are, they're basically playbooks that you write for your characters. Essentially, user-customised AI. And there are only 12 slots, so it doesn't get overly complicated.)

Thanks for the site, I also use IGN.com for hints. I allow myself one cheat per game but only as a last resort. What I usually do is have mrscardero log on and I will find the area that I am having trouble with and I will play twenty questions with her so that it is still my intellect that is solving the game. Questions like "Does it have anything to do with any statues? DO I have to flick a switch?" She will answer either yes or no, then I know I don't have to waste time on such things. If I can't figure it out from there I will ask her to give me the answer outright. See if you can find a hint buddy that will help you out.

In the case of Metroid Prime, I think it is my ability (not my intellect) that is stopping me from going any further. It is a boss monster that has crystals on it and the player has to first use powerful bursts to detroy the crystals off its body and at the same time with the appropriate gun, take care of these pilot enemies that appear. I think my main problem is not being able to incorporate the strafe with the shooting feature. It is something I will have to work on because the area I am in right now, well.. let's just say that going back in the game to find extra power-ups is really not that appealing.

See, I'm kind of the same way. I only use walkthroughs as an absolute last resort. I attempt to try every switch, lever, spell, etc. that I can before going for help. At this point, the desire to just get through overrides the satisfaction from solving a puzzle on my own.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I just received a phone call from Mario (yes, the plumber) and he was calling from my local game store to remind that his new game SUPER MARIO GALAXY for the Wii that I had preordered arrived and for me to come pick it up. The thing that tipped me off that this was a recording was when I let him finish his "schpiel" (spelling?) I demanded that he put Princess Peach on the phone but the recording just looped itself. Still, Mario calling my house to preach the cool news somehow made my day.