• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarianism fights Global Warming

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Because of the huge inefficiencies in the production of meat compared to grains and vegetables, Global warming is accelerated by the massive use and abuse of farm animals, not to mention the incredible amount of water needed to produce meat compared to grains and vegetables.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...meat-and-climate-change/ar-BBs1Yx5?li=BBnbfcL

That might be true.

And as much as I would like to think that it is true as a vegetarian and an environmentalist I am still a skeptic and do not find an article from msn as a valid source.

Can you quote any scientific articles please?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I believe the scientific articles are mentioned in the MSN story, this is not new news, this has been reported many times before from many different sources. Just google meat consumption's effect on Global Warming

You don't need any scientific articles to tell you it takes ten times as much grains and vegetables, and dear knows how much extra water to produce one pound of meat, the same resources could be used to produce ten pounds of grains or vegetables instead of only one pound of meat, not to mention all the Methane gas the cows belch and fart into the environment that vegetarian grains and vegetables don't.

Last edited:

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I believe the scientific articles are mentioned in the MSN story, this is not new news, this has been reported many times before from many different sources. Just google meat consumption's effect on Global Warming

You don't need any scientific articles to tell you it takes ten times as much grains and vegetables, and dear knows how much extra water to produce one pound of meat, the same resources could be used to produce ten pounds of grains or vegetables instead of only one pound of meat, not to mention all the CO2 gas the cows belch and fart into the environment that vegetarian grains and vegetables don't.

Uh actually you do....

We would not know any of those things without scientific papers........

Lyndon

Premium Member
Duh, how much food does a cow eat in a lifetime, how much water does the cow and its food use in a lifetime divided by how much less food does the cow produce, there are scientific studies you can google search at leisure, I suggest you do search as I have many times myself, the answer is about 10% as much meat produced as food as the grains and vegetables consumed by the cow over its lifetime.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Duh, how much food does a cow eat in a lifetime, how much water does the cow and its food use in a lifetime divided by how much less food does the cow produce, there are scientific studies you can google search at leisure, I suggest you do search as I have many times myself, the answer is about 10% as much meat produced as food as the grains and vegetables consumed by the cow over its lifetime.

If you make an argument. YOU need to provide proof for your argument, not me.

Lyndon

Premium Member
You don't have google on your computer, why are we responsible for finding articles you want to read?????

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
You don't have google on your computer, why are we responsible for finding articles you want to read?????

If you make a claim you need to provide a support or your claim does not stand.

Do you understand how logic works?

The sad part is I think you are probably right but you are having a hard time using logic here.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
This is not about logic, I made my point, I'm not here to defend anything, that's your obsession, you want to know more about the topic, you get of your butt and google the results yourself, its not my responsibility to make life simple for you!!!!!

This is not about logic?

The point of the thread is to try to use to logic to show how vegetarianism helps the environment.

If you don't want to have people ask you for evidence, then don't make claims without it.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For the incredibly lazy poster, provide evidence when you make claims.

A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
You mistook some MSN page for scientific research and then demanded that those who disagree provide evidence. You did not provide any scientific evidence, you have not shown you are able to recognize what this is, but you have made a claim that by your standards can be dismissed