• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vedic remnants in todays societies.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
If we consider the Vedas to be the origial knowledge, then it is likely there are remanants still left in todays cultures, such as customs , language , rituals , and creation stories, Also if there was originally one world culture then there could be a global pattern of monuments.
For instance regarding rituals there was a program on that showed Australian Aborigines smoking babies, that involved holding them over smouldering leaves to benefit them, I know this is also a custom in the Vedas, for purifying the aura, and also some native American tribes use it.So if anyone has any more examples

How far back are the spoken Vedas supposed to stretch, near to the start of creation? According to science the Earth is about four and a half billion years old, and I have read that the continents have drifted and reformed about five times in this period.

Well, there are some good books that you can read. Forbidden Archeology" by Michael Cremo would be nice. A smaller and more people friendly one would be "Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence" by Stephen Knapp.

I do know for myself that in my family's background in the Philippines, there exists a modified story of the Ramayana among the native tribes that is still enacted to this day. They have also found old Saraswati, Ganesha and Lakshmi deities in Japan and China.]

And of course, the influence of Sanskrit is undeniable.

In Tagalog, I can think of mukha, face, and tamad (lazy), from the Skt. tamas (mode of ignorance, refers to laziness, lethargy, etc.)

The stories of Noah's ark, in the book of Genesis, and also the deluge referred to in the Gilgamesh epic of ancient Sumeria obviously derive from the Matsya Avatara (Fish incarnation) of Lord Vishnu and His deliverance of Vaivasvata Manu, as recounted in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Eighth Canto, twenty-fourth chapter:

Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 8 Chapter 24

ys,
bmd.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
The Babel story and the record in the Vedas of one world culture that fractured could also be the same accounts.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
One problem is though the different versions of the bible and the vedas, I accept Srila prabhupada's translations of the Vedic scriptures as he actually lived the life he preached (I think there are about 140 different english versions of the Bhagavad-Gita)...There maybe some sites somewhere that have or list similarities and cross references (no pun intended) from different religions.

One problem is though the different versions of the bible and the vedas, I accept Srila prabhupada's translations of the Vedic scriptures as he actually lived the life he preached (I think there are about 140 different english versions of the Bhagavad-Gita)...There maybe some sites somewhere that have or list similarities and cross references (no pun intended) from different religions.

Uhhhhh, me too.......:)D)...

ys,
bmd.