• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccine mandate for all state workers in Washington State

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The "experts" are saying that even if you have had Covid you still need the vaccination. :rolleyes:
It is not our body anymore, it belongs to the government.
Nope -- it belongs to nature, and nature will do what nature does.

The genius of homo sapiens (if it has any) that has led to our surviving any number of potential extinction events (ice ages and the like) is that we are capable of adapting -- not our genes, but our behaviours -- to the problems nature presents us with.

Covid-19 is just another one of those.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It has all to do with Faith Susan. The Messengers come so that all our thoughts and actions are focused on knowing and loving God and becoming One in Spirit and purpose.
This has nothing to do with my Faith in God or Baha'u'llah. I asked: "Why mix religion with science?"
Becoming One in Spirit and purpose does not mean that everyone need to be a carbon copy of everyone else.

BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY
It has been written when we do this suffering and ills will vanish.
Where was that written? Perhaps that is just your interpretation of what was written. We all have interpretations of the Writings and they are not all the same. Moreover, if we cannot even accommodate differences in people I cannot see how the Baha'i Faith is ever going to get off the ground and maybe that is the reason it hasn't done so.

The suffering inherent in the material world will never vanish. The only thing that has the potential to vanish are the ills that are the result of disunity, and social and economic injustice.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Maybe it will suffice for you but not for me. We are all individuals.
Just like no two cats are alike, no two people are alike.
What do you know about how vaccines would affect you beforehand? Would your doctor know something like that?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If I recall, some guy by the name of John said "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." (John 15:13)
And what's really sad is that nobody is even asking you to lay down your life -- just roll up your damned sleeve!
I love it, try to use the Bible when it suits your purposes.

How many people do you think rolled up their sleeves for the good of other people?
People who got the vaccination did if for their own selfish purposes, because that are afraid of dying.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Makes it all the more reason some people don't take the vaccine-not enough doctors know about it, and to trust experts that know nothing about your personal history is pushing it.
Doctors I think would be informed about the possible side effects of vaccines. As to knowing personal history, some doctors may not know that.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

How many people do you think rolled up their sleeves for the good of other people?
People who got the vaccination did if for their own selfish purposes, because that are afraid of dying.
Have you found a way to turn absolutely everything that anyone does into a selfish motive? Is that how you live your life?

We Never Know

No Slack

I don't think anyone taking the vaccine so they won't get sick or maybe even possibly die was done for selfish purposes. I would think it was for personal purposes.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Doctors I think would be informed about the possible side effects of vaccines. As to knowing personal history, some doctors may not know that.

Many doctors I've ran across through my medical years tell me what they know and don't know about meds, certain treatments, risks, and benefits. Doctors aren't informed with this vaccine (they can't claim they do any more than CDC and WHO experts).

The experts on television, though, they don't know individual personal history so its up to the individual and hopefully their doctor (not their instinct) to determine whether the vaccine is right them-hopefully with a doctor that doesn't promote his or her views when deciding anything with their patient.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I
Have you found a way to turn absolutely everything that anyone does into a selfish motive? Is that how you live your life?
I did not say everyone is selfish but most people are basically selfish. If people had to sacrifice their lives for someone else (other than their children) how many people do you think would do that?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If taking the vaccine protects them but could harm others, to me that's selfishness.

If taking the vaccine protects them but is of no harm to others, to me that's personal.
What if not taking the vaccine does not harm others, is that selfishness or personal choice?

We Never Know

No Slack
I

I did not say everyone is selfish but most people are basically selfish. If people had to sacrifice their lives for someone else (other than their children) how many people do you think would do that?
Millions. Example the military.
They sign a blank check that's cashable for their life.
Not to mention they give up so much time with family and friends by having to be gone a lot.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am too old to fear death.
Covid will take its toll of those who catch it. Some will die, some will get long covid and suffer for months or years, and many will hardly notice anything at all.
It is just the way it works.

Certainly a few hundred have died from reactions to the vaccine. But that is nothing compared to those millions that have now died from covid?

But to put it into proportion more people die Evey day from taking pain killers than have done so from the vaccination.

I was thinking more afraid of COVID rather than death. I'm sure many would not get the vaccine if they weren't afraid of catching it and possibly dying from it.

I'd personally assess the risk of my catching COVID to determine if getting the vaccine is warranted. Some people do not assess that risk so they take the vaccine regardless their circumstance. Others assess their risk and feel they are more comfortable with being in the present-either you get COVID or you dont-than putting themselves even at minimum risk of vaccine effects. We can't control whether we are infected by COVID but we can reduce it. However, if we are the unlucky one to get a blood clot from the vaccine, it was our choice not "nature's."

Both choices are justified but I don't know many vaccinated people (at least provaxxers on RF) who understand unvaccinated side without blaming them for listening to misinformation. I mean people make choices to vaccinate out of fear but they think its sound decisions. Who can tell them otherwise?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Millions. Example the military.
They sign a blank check that's cashable for their life.
Not to mention they give up so much time with family and friends by having to be gone a lot.
And the policemen and firemen and first responders who risk their lives every day...
Yes, there are a lot of people who are not selfish.

We Never Know

No Slack
What if not taking the vaccine does not harm others, is that selfishness or personal choice?

In my opinion using myself as an example...

A.. If I didn't take the vaccine because its my choice but was out around hundreds of people every day where I could easily get and spread covid, I see that as selfish because I would have no regard for others.

B.. If I didn't take the vaccine because its my choice but hardly went out around other people to cut way down my chances of catching or spreading covid, I see that as personal because I'm also worried about other people.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In my opinion using myself a an example...

A.. If I didn't take the vaccine because its my choice but was out around hundreds of people every day where I could easily get and spread covid, I see that as selfish because I would have no regard for others.

B.. If I didn't take the vaccine because its my choice but hardly went out around other people to cut way down my chances of catching or spreading covid, I see that as personal because I'm also worried about other people.

There's a third option with this.

C. If I didn't take the vaccine because its my choice and my consequences where lower than my benefits then going out in public wouldn't be selfish insofar the criteria I use to determine what's lower/higher is logical-not just based on how many people we are around, but other factors as well.

Actually, I can't think of a selfish situation involved unless someone knew they had COVID and started touching over everyone. That or in some cultures, unlike US, where people are right up on each other.