• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Members: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Getting your turkey ready? Or your tofu turkey (or tofurkey, as I heard it call by someone on facebook)? Got your yams and potatoes and cranberry sauce? Are you cooking?! (I am cooking). Getting your family all together? Going to Boston Market or a restaurant? Buying a fixed dinner from a store delivered?

I hope you have fun and I hope you have family with you or friends.

Viker

Häxan
Thanks!

I have never tried turducken and have been meaning to for a while. I hear it's awesome. :p

Happy Thanksgiving and best of times to you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
My wife and I have been hosting for years. This will be the first time we've gone to some one elses house. It'll be nice to be the ones plopping down on the couch after dinner for a change. :)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
This is the first year that I'm going to be home for years. And my sister and I are partially hosting. Though all will be at our house, everyone is contributing. Hope it's warm and fuzzy for everyone.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Happy Thanksgiving to all here on RF! Hopefully everyone had a great day. Me, I played tag football for the first time in about 15 years, and it made me realize just how old I'm getting. But it was fun anyway.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Getting your turkey ready? Or your tofu turkey (or tofurkey, as I heard it call by someone on facebook)? Got your yams and potatoes and cranberry sauce? Are you cooking?! (I am cooking). Getting your family all together? Going to Boston Market or a restaurant? Buying a fixed dinner from a store delivered?

I hope you have fun and I hope you have family with you or friends.

Having leftovers today.;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Once upon a time, when I was growing up, Thanksgivings used to be huge affairs. Big family, maybe 15 to 20 people easily, maybe more, gathering at either my grandmother's or my aunt's big house in the country, with everyone bringing something. The kitchen was stocked with food with no real space of counter or kitchen table spared. You went through buffet style to fill your plate with everything imaginable and then found a place in the diningroom or livingroom, or even outside to sit and eat.

Now, Thanksgiving consists of just my little family, meeting my brother over at my mom and dad's house, and sitting down to a simple meal of turkey, potatoes, noodles, stuffing, corn and pumpkin bread. I miss the big gathering and all the different kinds of food. So many of the family have passed on now and what remains seems to have branched off into their own little pods. Where Thanksgiving used to be this big production with family members one hadn't seen in ages, it's now just another day really. Kind of sad now.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Once upon a time, when I was growing up, Thanksgivings used to be huge affairs. Big family, maybe 15 to 20 people easily, maybe more, gathering at either my grandmother's or my aunt's big house in the country, with everyone bringing something. The kitchen was stocked with food with no real space of counter or kitchen table spared. You went through buffet style to fill your plate with everything imaginable and then found a place in the diningroom or livingroom, or even outside to sit and eat.

Now, Thanksgiving consists of just my little family, meeting my brother over at my mom and dad's house, and sitting down to a simple meal of turkey, potatoes, noodles, stuffing, corn and pumpkin bread. I miss the big gathering and all the different kinds of food. So many of the family have passed on now and what remains seems to have branched off into their own little pods. Where Thanksgiving used to be this big production with family members one hadn't seen in ages, it's now just another day really. Kind of sad now.

I know how you feel. It's gotten the same way in my family. And what's worse, most of my family are fighting with each other now, so some go here, so go there. Me and my brother went to his fiance's family for Thanksgiving this year.