• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Embassy Attacked in reponse to American Freedom to produce a movie.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Excuse me this question,if your neighbor do insult you personally,
What your responce at the moment ?
will you say to him,wait me for a moment i'll bring a policeman,
or your honor won't make you able to wait for moments.

i am just try to understand the relation between insult,anger then violence.
which in your case,it may lead to boxing if not asking the police help. :D
Most Americans will try to ignore an idiot making insults, or may throw insults back. Some will call the police, and a few will resort to violence but almost no one will kill. Only crazies will kill innocents over an insult here.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

The police are not interested in insults unless they lead to violence .
Then they arrest the one who is violent.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from speech.

If some one insults me I do not lose honour, they do.

Alceste

Vagabond
notice that it's become a habit to provoke the muslims religions by the west ,they (the western film makers ) that this will provoke the muslims , they insist to cross the limite of freedom .

there is big different between the society in the west and muslims world , the west is not religeious , on contrary the muslims world is religious

for my opinion there is some factures of the voilence in muslim world , Provoking , the Fatwas of some extrem muslims scholars ....etc

honesly i feel shame when i see the leader of the chrisitans (Pope ) , sent messanges of peace , on contrary some major leaders in Islam world sent fatwas support the violence .
No need to feel TOO ashamed compared to Christians - they made the movie.

You don't need to do anything if someone insults you. If you react with anger, the trolls win. My honour is upheld by not allowing myself to be a puppet for every malicious passer-by to manipulate on a whim.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Most Americans will try to ignore an idiot making insults, or may throw insults back. Some will call the police, and a few will resort to violence but almost no one will kill. Only crazies will kill innocents over an insult here.

Facebook Insults End In Killing

Insults on Facebook have resulted in the killing of an 18-year-old teenager -with a youth, now aged 16 - detained for killing his former best friend.

Salum Kombo, 18, was stabbed in the chest in Bromley-by-Bow, east London, in December after calling his killer, then 15, names including "*****".

Reference : Facebook Insults End In Killing - UK National News

Teacher shot dead over loud music at his wife's birthday party: Father gunned down on his lawn by neighbour who was complaining about noise

Read more: Man kills neighbor after complaining about the noise from the neighbor's wife's party but says 'it was self defense' | Mail Online

Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute
Reference : Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute - ABC News

if you want me looking out for more news about killing due to dispute,insult...etc,i'll do .:)

gnostic

The Lost One
To FearGod.

Violence rarely solve anything.

The better person would ignore and walk away from insults.

Hurting or killing another person only make you a thug or a murderer.

Alceste

Vagabond
Facebook Insults End In Killing

Insults on Facebook have resulted in the killing of an 18-year-old teenager -with a youth, now aged 16 - detained for killing his former best friend.

Salum Kombo, 18, was stabbed in the chest in Bromley-by-Bow, east London, in December after calling his killer, then 15, names including "*****".

Reference : Facebook Insults End In Killing - UK National News

Teacher shot dead over loud music at his wife's birthday party: Father gunned down on his lawn by neighbour who was complaining about noise

Read more: Man kills neighbor after complaining about the noise from the neighbor's wife's party but says 'it was self defense' | Mail Online

Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute
Reference : Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute - ABC News

if you want me looking out for more news about killing due to dispute,insult...etc,i'll do .:)

You didn't ask how violent people respond to confrontation, you asked how westerners in general respond to it. Violent people react with violence all over the world, including countries that do not allow free speech.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
To FearGod.

Violence rarely solve anything.

The better person would ignore and walk away from insults.

Hurting or killing another person only make you a thug or a murderer.

i do agree,but that not always the case.

for me i'll avoid stupid people as much as i can,but you can't estimate each person reaction.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You didn't ask how violent people respond to confrontation, you asked how westerners in general respond to it. Violent people react with violence all over the world, including countries that do not allow free speech.

That what i want to say .:yes:

gnostic

The Lost One
feargod's said:
i do agree,but that not always the case.

for me i'll avoid stupid people as much as i can,but you can't estimate each person reaction.
It's true that reaction can't always be predicted - for that's the result of human nature - but I don't think words - especially insults - merit physically hurting the person or killing the person. Such vengeance does not balance out. Insults =/= violence or killing.

There is no justification to what happen to the American ambassador in Libya. It give the impression that Muslims are violent mob and murderers, and Islam to be bloodthirsty religion. That the impressions I get when I see these non-peaceful protests or killings.

jazzymom

Just Jewish

Most Americans don't react to insult with violence. There are those who have little self control and may react to violence with violence.

They would be held to account and arrested because under the law no matter what you feel as an insult you cannot cause harm to another.

The death of our American citizens is deeply offensive to me and to many Americans. The ongoing attacks on all things American in the Muslim world is deeply offensive. But you don't see us attacking Islamic targets or attacking the consulates of Muslim countries.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Most Americans don't react to insult with violence. There are those who have little self control and may react to violence with violence.

They would be held to account and arrested because under the law no matter what you feel as an insult you cannot cause harm to another.

The death of our American citizens is deeply offensive to me and to many Americans. The ongoing attacks on all things American in the Muslim world is deeply offensive. But you don't see us attacking Islamic targets or attacking the consulates of Muslim countries.

Of course that killing of an innocent is not accepted or legalized by any means,
but what i want to say that people are different in their reactions which isn't depending on ones religion,even we can see such crazy things happening in football matches between fans which may result in accidents and even killing,you can't fix stupids.:)

MartyrX

Americans kill each other all of the time over trivial insults. Let's not pretend like we are the perfect society. I'd like to remind everyone that I believe 10 Mosques were vandalized, burnt down during Ramadan.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
We are told. All the countries look to the US for leadership.

Yeah, we are "told";).... but do other countries look to the US for leadership or do we assume leadership?
Others countries may look to us for advice or help but everything comes with a price!!

BBTimeless

Americans kill each other all of the time over trivial insults. Let's not pretend like we are the perfect society. I'd like to remind everyone that I believe 10 Mosques were vandalized, burnt down during Ramadan.
I don't think anyone would claim the contrary.

BBTimeless

Yeah, we are "told";).... but do other countries look to the US for leadership or do we assume leadership?
Others countries may look to us for advice or help but everything comes with a price!!
There are many things that the US does right, but many choose to forget those things when something doesn't go our way.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while

I'm guessing no one in this Forum lives in an urban society inhabited by mostly minorities...
Well I do and where I live, there's a bunch of "crazies" letting off shots all the time over insults.
..And yes innocent people have been killed in the cross-fire. Even if it is an accident, innocent people are still killed.

Last edited:

BBTimeless

I'm guessing no one in this Forum lives in an urban society inhabited by mostly minorities...
Well I do and where I live, there's a bunch of "crazies" letting off shots all the time over insults.
..And yes innocent people have been killed in the cross-fire. Even if it is an accident, innocent people are still killed.
I would like to believe your incident, in regards to the population as a whole, is a minority.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
While I certainly don't think it is right to go around insulting people, I think we all need to grow a thicker skin (including and maybe especially myself). There are always going to be a few unpleasant people around to insult people- not matter what their religion is, where they live, who their parents are, etc. People have a right to hate others. I personally don't think hate is a good thing at all, but people do hate others and for pretty stupid reasons, too. I've heard of bar fights that started over an insult or what someone thought was an insult. One morning I was sitting outside waiting for my son's school bus and I saw one man chase another and grab him and scream at him- right in front of my special needs son and me. I am pretty sure it was over some insult.
I know this post is somewhat off-topic, but I felt a need to say it. And I know I have no right to tell others what to do.