• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US cops zap schoolgirl

Kowalski

In an astonishing incident reported today in the Sun Newspaper (?) it was reported that Cops in Cincinatti USA zapped a 12 year old schoolgirl with a Taser Stun gun. Teachers had called police when this dangerous kid refused to go to lessons. The school kid now faces charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

It could only happen in America...:clap

Cheers

Kowalski

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
In the UK There is an enquiry if even an armed man gets tazed.They can not even be used with out special authorization.
Anyone Tazing a schoolgirl would think the world had fallen on their head.

Terry

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The fact that this was reported in the Sun newspaper makes my hakles rize, in the first place. I'll check on this, if you don't mind; though I am sure they wouldn't dare print something that 'out of bounds'.

Kowalski, I can't find the article; could you give me a link, please?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No doubt there's a bit more to it than the header let on, but it's usually prudent not to underestimate the tendancy of police to get carried away when things get dicey. At least they didn't shoot her in the head.

Michel -- at least they didn't feature her on page three...

Kowalski

michel said:
The fact that this was reported in the Sun newspaper makes my hakles rize, in the first place. I'll check on this, if you don't mind; though I am sure they wouldn't dare print something that 'out of bounds'.

Kowalski, I can't find the article; could you give me a link, please?
Michel, it's on Page 27, todays issue, and comprises of about an inch of text at the foot of the page.

Cheers

K

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Terrywoodenpic said:
In the UK There is an enquiry if even an armed man gets tazed.They can not even be used with out special authorization.
Anyone Tazing a schoolgirl would think the world had fallen on their head.

Terry
I agree; what bothers me is that trawl as i have through the internet, I can find no article on this incident.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Thank you Kowalski;

Sounds like she asked for it:
Part quote"When police officers arrived, about 11:20 a.m., the girl, who is 5-feet-5 and weighs 120 pounds, was combative, police said.
A police report says that when a police officer tried to lead the girl by the arm to the in-school-suspension class, she began kicking and biting the two officers.

Police said officers warned the girl several times she would be tased if she did not calm down, the police report said.

Police officials reviewed Officer Darrel Rhone's use of his Taser and determined it was in compliance with police department policy."
I lead a closeted life.:eek:

Kowalski

I can't believe that the cops could not of simply cuffed the kid; trained cops can't handle a schoolgirl of Twelve, I call what they did unreasonable force.

Cheers

K

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Handcuffing a twelve-year-old would have been just as controversial as tazing/stunning her.

Happily, this incident was unusual enough, and controversial enough, to generate articles in the local papers.

Aqualung

Tasty
Kowalski said:
I can't believe that the cops could not of simply cuffed the kid; trained cops can't handle a schoolgirl of Twelve, I call what they did unreasonable force.

Cheers

K
because she was biting. Cops have to protect themsleves, too, especially against diseases and the like. It's a bad thing to get bit. Plus, they warned her. It's hard to cuff a kicking, biting girl if you're also trying to keep from getting bit yourself.

Kowalski

Aqualung said:
because she was biting. Cops have to protect themsleves, too, especially against diseases and the like. It's a bad thing to get bit. Plus, they warned her. It's hard to cuff a kicking, biting girl if you're also trying to keep from getting bit yourself.
Yeah, but surely the cops are trained on how to handle difficult cases and I mean adults, but a kid? you need to stun a kid, wouldn't happen in this country, no way.

cheers

K

Aqualung

Tasty
Kowalski said:
Yeah, but surely the cops are trained on how to handle difficult cases and I mean adults, but a kid? you need to stun a kid, wouldn't happen in this country, no way.

cheers

K
SHE WAS BITING!!! They didn't know what sort of diseases she could have had. What would you rather they have done? Pepper sprayed her? Pepper spray does actual damage. Tasers just hurt real bad. Tackled her and beat her with their night sticks. Same results as pepper spray.

Kowalski

I've seen how they can restrain a person here, Cops had them on the ground and pinned in seconds. Anyway, I just don't think it was the right thing to do.

Cheers

K

mr.guy

crapsack
Aqualung said:
Tasers just hurt real bad. .
Not true. Still hear of (healthy) people dying from tasers and stun guns. Goes across your heart, and you could be done for. Maybe if that happend, they could just taser the person back, i suppose.

Aqualung

Tasty
mr.guy said:
Not true. Still hear of (healthy) people dying from tasers and stun guns. Goes across your heart, and you could be done for. Maybe if that happend, they could just taser the person back, i suppose.
As a matter of fact, that's not true. My dad, being part of a police force, got tased, as did the entire sherriffs office. No harm. It jsut hurts.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Aqualung said:
As a matter of fact, that's not true. My dad, being part of a police force, got tased, as did the entire sherriffs office. No harm. It jsut hurts.
Maybe so; but if you have an incipient heart problem............