• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unscientific, Secularist Cosmology: Everything from Nothing! Not!

idav

Being
Premium Member
go back to op ....and read
If I thought it was there I wouldn't have asked for it.

I don't believe in this nothing you imply is the best answer we have.

Only substance in a certain configuration can make anything happen. This is a logical form of substance first, spirit second.

What makes you say consciousness first? Everything needing a mover is not logically sound cause then that mover also needs a mover. So any logical answer you have without invoking eternal regression issues will suffice.

The whole "spirit first" thing is like saying god not existing is the only way to make existence. As soon as you say "spirt first" that is god existing in some form or another.

dust1n

Zindīq
The laws of physics tell us: Matter cannot be created (nor can it create itself).

In quantum physics, a quantum fluctuation (or quantum vacuum fluctuation or vacuum fluctuation) is the temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space,[1] as explained in Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle...

This allows the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs of virtual particles. The effects of these particles are measurable, for example, in the effective charge of the electron, different from its "naked" charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If I thought it was there I wouldn't have asked for it.

I don't believe in this nothing you imply is the best answer we have.

Only substance in a certain configuration can make anything happen. This is a logical form of substance first, spirit second.

What makes you say consciousness first? Everything needing a mover is not logically sound cause then that mover also needs a mover. So any logical answer you have without invoking eternal regression issues will suffice.

The whole "spirit first" thing is like saying god not existing is the only way to make existence. As soon as you say "spirt first" that is god existing in some form or another.
substance does not move of it's own volition

Spirit is not substance
God first....then the creation

substance did not create God

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In quantum physics, a quantum fluctuation (or quantum vacuum fluctuation or vacuum fluctuation) is the temporary change in the amount of energy in a point in space,[1] as explained in Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle...

This allows the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs of virtual particles. The effects of these particles are measurable, for example, in the effective charge of the electron, different from its "naked" charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
this item you refer to....
it can account for the universe?

all of it?

dust1n

Zindīq
this item you refer to....
it can account for the universe?

all of it?

No. It's just a observable phenomenon where matter and anti-matter pairs are created in vacuums from noting at all. I.E. matter from nothing. It's hard to follow the rest of the OP because the first premise is an inaccurate one.

To account for the creation of the universe, one would have to go through different phases of the universe that lasted fractions of seconds, but in which physics as we know would be very different.

No one knows in full detail how the universe started, that's ridiculous.

idav

Being
Premium Member
substance does not move of it's own volition
Proof?
Spirit is not substance
Proof?
God first....then the creation
When you use a word like creation maybe but thats an unsubstantiated premise within a claim. Its assuming anything needs to be created to exist. That obviously is not necessary by your own logic that god exists without needing a creator.
substance did not create God
God did not create itself. Obviously there is a some-thing that didn't need creating, its called existence, and existing, like god existing is predicated on it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We will notice that Jesus made no mention of educational status. This is because, whether we on the broad road running away from God or on the narrow road running to God, our education and intellect is not the key - instead, the key is our motives and....

Jesus was right to say that intellect is not the key. There is nothing more pernicious than rational thinking and intellect, for people like him.

For sure, if I had to create a new religion, I would make sure to tone down the importance of rational thinking.

Question: What is the condition of your heart? Are you prejudiced against God?

My heart? Still pumping blood.

And no, I am not predujiced against God. i simply believe He does not exist. I cannot possibly be prejudiced against the non existing.

I am not prejudiced against Mother Goose, either. For the same reasons.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No. It's just a observable phenomenon where matter and anti-matter pairs are created in vacuums from noting at all. I.E. matter from nothing. It's hard to follow the rest of the OP because the first premise is an inaccurate one.

To account for the creation of the universe, one would have to go through different phases of the universe that lasted fractions of seconds, but in which physics as we know would be very different.

No one knows in full detail how the universe started, that's ridiculous.
you just spoke as if someone does......

ridiculous

try adhering to what we do know.....at hand...

substance will not move of it's own volition

Spirit first

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Proof?

Proof?

When you use a word like creation maybe but thats an unsubstantiated premise within a claim. Its assuming anything needs to be created to exist. That obviously is not necessary by your own logic that god exists without needing a creator.

God did not create itself. Obviously there is a some-thing that didn't need creating, its called existence, and existing, like god existing is predicated on it.
Someone had to be first

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and all of the substance of the universe had a starting point
and substance will remain at rest

Someone set things to motion

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The whole Cosmos is self regulating, there is no someone hiding in the background pulling strings, that to me is just an unintelligent way of thinking.