• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unleash Your Hidden Powers to Pick Up Women! Find More Sex and Love Than You Ever Thought Possible!

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Peacemaker, do you think one way of lessening anxiety when picking up women is to make the conversation about them? That is, if you're tongue tied about what to say, just how helpful would it be to focus the conversation on them by asking them questions about themselves or about their interests?

Generally speaking, in conversations people like to talk about themselves and they get bored if someone else goes on speaking incessantly. Keep in mind there are alot of people who are waiting to talk as they're listening. I think as a general principle in conversing with really anyone but especially with a lady you might be interested in is to focus on them by asking questions. The old acronym FORD (see below) never fails to help with this. If by chance this lessens anxiety then that's a bonus. When we ask people about themselves we are communicating that we find them interesting and would like to get to know them better. When we talk about ourselves too much we can appear self-absorbed. I think a good conversationalist and relationship builder asks questions with the intention of looking for commonalities. When they hit a commonality such as a shared hobby is when the conversation really starts to flow naturally and then the anxieties start to melt away. When you find that common interest, say sci-fi movies or cooking, starting hammering that because both she and yourself will find it more fun to talk about something you're both passionate about. Again that makes anxieties go away. Long story short: find a common interest to talk about to make the anxieties go away. That's done by asking people questions about themselves.

Family
Occupation
Recreation
Dreams

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ellen featured it on her show. Just....take a look....

It looks to me like someone might have set out to invent a new dildo, then come up with something so over-powered they decided to try their luck selling it as an exercise machine.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What are some good ways to deal with rejection, Peacemaker? And what do you think of books that advertise ways you can avoid rejection?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
What are some good ways to deal with rejection, Peacemaker? And what do you think of books that advertise ways you can avoid rejection?

Avoiding rejection is like running away from the root of a problem. If you want to play the "love game" you have to understand that rejection is a part of it so you might as well learn to deal with it instead of run from it. Dealing with rejection requires soberly thinking about the nature of attraction. At some level it's going on feelings. I know pretty well the characteristics that I find attractive in a woman. For instance, among other things, I like the really feminine types, girls that are very sensitive, and with beautiful eyes. Why are these among the characteristics that I'm attracted to? At some level I can't explain it. It's just the way they make me feel. A woman has that same list of things that turn her on. Like I said it's a numbers game. Magic happens when both the guy and the girl find in each other the things that turn them on in a mate. If you get rejected it just means that attraction didn't happen on both ends. Often it's nobody's fault. It's just nature and chemistry. If a we understand the essential nature of attraction it shouldn't affect our confidence level going forward. On the contrary, you should be happy you didn't end up wasting time with someone who doesn't feel the attraction you feel for her. And let me say something else. A terrible thing some people do is keep a relationship with someone they are lukewarm about until they find someone better, especially if their partner is really into them. Nothing could be more unfair to that person because while they might just get you up to 60 degrees there is someone out there that they can turn on to 220 degrees

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
On the contrary, you should be happy you didn't end up wasting time with someone who doesn't feel the attraction you feel for her.

Having, among other life incidents, married two women who I was fundamentally incompatible with, I know just what you mean about being grateful for an early, time saving rejection.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
You've honestly impressed me! Those three bits of advice strike me as not only good, but as excellent. Much better than you usually get from people. And I think they're pretty applicable to anyone who is interested in picking up women, and in improving his relationship with women.

Got any more where those came from?

I agree! Much better than what I expected. I would personally just change one word throughout. Change "women" for "people" and it's pretty good all-round advice for anyone.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I agree! Much better than what I expected. I would personally just change one word throughout. Change "women" for "people" and it's pretty good all-round advice for anyone.

By the way, Luke, I'm pretty sure from talking with you so many times that you know a thing or two (to understate it!) about picking up people. If I recall, you've even picked up couples for threesomes. Given your background what do you think Peacemaker should tell people about picking up folks? What questions would you like to see him answer for their benefit?

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Peacemaker, I seem to recall that one of the things that most intimidated me when I started dating as a teen, and that continued to intimidate me into my early twenties, was how to ask a woman for a date.

So, what advice would you give on that head? Not necessarily just for novices, but for anyone, too?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Peacemaker, suppose you approached a woman in a bar and said to her (with great sincerity), "If you like snappy pick up lines, I can't think of any that I really like. But I believe I might enjoy talking with you. Care to give it a try?", what would you expect her to say in return? And would you expect that approach to work better than, say, a more typical pick up line?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Here's another question for you, Peacemaker. Suppose you met a woman at a church social, got to talking with her, and discovered that, while she seemed very interested in you, there was very little for you to like about her except that you find yourself drawn to her looks. That is, you don't actually dislike her, but there's still nothing about her that you really like except her looks. In your view, would it be worth your while to pick her up solely because she was physically attractive to you? I am more interested in your reasoning here than I am in merely whether you answer "yes" or "no".

Me Myself

Back to my username
How do I know I am not a "friend" ?

I went out with two older women today, they laughed at my jokes and goofed a lot with me. ( I mean we really goofed, played with pictures and stuff. Childish, etc) . There was "a lot" of physical contact but it didnt seem sexual at all.

They did initiate it more than once (again I am not talking sexual one)

I dont have great expectations here, but if you do say something that I actually find useful I would be forever grateful oh great guru! :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
Thanks for the clarification!

I'm glad you had fun. I'm sure Peacemaker will answer your questions the next time he logs on. Thanks for asking!

we did :)

In general I tend to not expect anything so I can have fun but almost always I feel by not taking the first step I may be missing a lot of opportunities. Then again, I wouldnt like them feeling uncomfortable from then on if they werent in to it.

for curiosity, would you personally have a guess at an answer for my question?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
for curiosity, would you personally have a guess at an answer for my question?

OK, but I don't think it would be appropriate to offer you my guesses in this thread. So, I'll PM you, perhaps tomorrow. I'm sleepy at the moment and wouldn't do your question justice.

Last edited: