• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universal Taboo #1 revealed by Jesus

KerimF

Please note that, in general, it doesn’t matter if Jesus was real or not, many sayings which are attributed to him are real on our hands; they are printed on the today’s Gospel.

I guess most people (Christian or not) will likely don’t see it, at their first reading, that important to the point it could be seen as taboo by the greatest ruling systems in the world. Truth be told, being taboo may not be the case in the past centuries; more accurately before WW2.

On the other hand, some smart persons, in history, have interpreted it in various ways. Every one of them knew how to cleverly avoid its true idea so that he could be on the safe side. Please don’t worry about me because I am glad that my living flesh is mortal; I am not of this world anymore ;)

Let us see now the 1st taboo that Jesus revealed openly:
{Matthew 11:11} Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

I hope its ancient English words are understood by most readers because I copied/pasted it from an English Gospel which I was able to download.

To be fair in my analysis, I like to ask the Christians here first about the reason for which, in their opinion/view, ‘John the Baptist’ was considered a great person (actually a great Jewish prophet) by Jesus.

Please let us ignore, for the time being only, the remaining part of this saying. I hope I will be able hearing a few opinions from some Christians in this forum before going further.

Note:
Besides replying your comments, I will also update this 1st post, with time, by adding whatever is related to the analysis of this saying till its whole idea is presented.

Kerim

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
and it is supposed.....because the Carpenter said to him

this day.....you walk with Me in paradise

to a Thief

KerimF

it is written,,,,,,

if mistaken......please ......point it out

I am sorry for giving you the impression, by just writing the word 'Jesus', that I am interested or even believe in 'all' what is written on books and articles, scientific or else.

Actually, I add an idea, scientific or else, to my set of knowledge only if it passes my logical reasoning and it could be useful to me in one way or another.

So, for example, what you are kindly referring to above is not (and will not be) in my set of knowledge. By the way I have no sacred things in the world, including the words written on books called holy.

Anyway thank you for your comment.

KerimF

so.......you are your own litmus test

good luck

Almost every human has what I have and is free to use what he has the way that fits best his priorities in life.

So I wasn't surprised when I discovered that most people around the world don't mind, for one reason or another (mainly for their survival), following some others and even having blind faith in certain sources said holy (the latter helps them joining well known .groups).

As you guessed already, I am an independent person; I didn't need joining, by my own will, any formal group; social, sportive, scientific, religious or political. This is why I also don't need to judge anyone (play in a master/slave game) and I have the freedom to love even my enemies (yes, by opposing the pre-programmed natural instincts that all living beings are supposed to follow for their survival).

I am still waiting a Christian opinion about ‘John the Baptist’ :)

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
It is a fascinating muddle, what goes on in the minds of some. How does one survive that way? I am left perplexed.

KerimF

It is a fascinating muddle, what goes on in the minds of some. How does one survive that way? I am left perplexed.

Sorry, you remind me someone went to see a movie. When he saw our dear Lion of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer roaring, he left the theater and said to himself "How I didn't know that I saw it already".
After all, this may happen in best families ;)

KerimF

well....for starters.....
he wasn't Christian

You are right... in the story of Jesus on the Gospel, John The Baptist wasn't a Christian.
We may say he was the last Jewish prophet.

Does anyone know what was his mission for which Jesus presented him as a great prophet?

I thought the answer is obvious to almost anyone, even to an atheist who read this story in his free time.

KerimF

It seems every one around here, mainly if Christian, has his good reasons that let him avoid answering the preliminary question on my first post, also the hint question on post #14.

In Jesus story, the role of John The Baptist was to prepare the Jews in his time for the recent arrival of Jesus among them.

And Jesus was clear that this role only for which JtB devoted his life, makes him (JtB) the greatest Jewish prophet.

In other words, Jesus confirmed by this that his role (of JtB) is the most important one among all other missions for which the previous Jewish prophets existed among Jews.

Naturally, the importance of all Jewish prophets (Judaism teachings) became a thing of the past after the arrival of Jesus (The Messiah) among God's chosen people, Jews.

This truth doesn't prevent that Judaism, as many other religions in the world that are also defined/based by a certain Law said of God, to still exist to the end of time.

So while Judaism teachings focuses on the survival of the flesh (mainly of the Jewish group), Jesus message focuses on the survival of the soul instead and how it could be fed by living God's Unconditional Love towards all others. Naturally, Jesus teachings address independent individuals only who may perceive a living soul in them. Living the unconditional love, as revealed by Jesus and while being an active member of a well-organized formal group, is impossible; unless one can accept being seen as a traitor who helped his enemies and betrayed his group.

In brief, if someone (anywhere on earth, if not in the unverse) lives true love towards all others, as revealed by Jesus, he doesn't need hearing anymore: don't kill, don't steal, don't lie... etc. as if he were a Pagan, Hindu, Muslim or Jew.

Finally, could anyone here be sincere and tell me if he heard already or not about how Jesus sees Judaism as I explored here.

But, I also understand fully if everyone prefers be silent.
After all the truth about Judaism, as revealed by Jesus, is taboo in our days. It is no more secret that today's Judaism became a political matter and supported by powerful political systems to let it serve political goals. [To be fair, this also applies on the today's Islam, if not on most other well-known formal religions around the world].

End of the story.

KerimF

An exegesis, with references, would be helpful.

Sorry, which point or points are you referring to?
I guess you know that my post #15 is the answer of my first post.
Please notify me if you see anything on my posts not real or logical to you. Thank you.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Sorry, which point or points are you referring to?
I guess you know that my post #15 is the answer of my first post.
Please notify me if you see anything on my posts not real or logical to you. Thank you.
Post number 15 needs an exegesis of the text you’re referencing, including citation of references used. Otherwise, it’s just unsubstantiated opinion that really doesn’t make much sense.

KerimF

Post number 15 needs an exegesis of the text you’re referencing, including citation of references used. Otherwise, it’s just unsubstantiated opinion that really doesn’t make much sense.

In other words, you kindly tell me that all what I said concerning the today's Judaism doesn't exist in your reality while it does in mine. After all, there is nothing wrong or bad if the inverse of what I said is true in your life.

In fact, nothing in the world can let someone believe a truth, even if it is scientific, if this truth has nothing to do in his personal life (the reality he perceives or he is supposed to perceive).

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
In other words, you kindly tell me that all what I said concerning the today's Judaism doesn't exist in your reality while it does in mine. After all, there is nothing wrong or bad if the inverse of what I said is true in your life.

In fact, nothing in the world can let someone believe a truth, even if it is scientific, if this truth has nothing to do in his personal life (the reality he perceives or he is supposed to perceive).
Reality has to be corroborative. At some point, your perspective has to intersect with another’s in order for your reality to “have something to do with” others’ “personal lives.” Otherwise, as I said, it’s unsubstantiated opinion. That’s what the exegesis and accompanying references are for.