• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universal health care would be a good thing

LittlePinky82

I think so too. So many people go into debt and have money issues because of medical bills. Same thing with medicine. I get medicine for something and it cost me $50 for each bottle for sixty days. Imagine if you had to pay for medicine that had four bottles for the same price. If you haven't you should watch Michael Moore's film "Sicko." You can probably rent it on Netflix or Blockbuster by now. Even buy it if you want. It's a great film.

LittlePinky82

I could see where we could get too focused on cost and people who meant well could say we should make smoking illegal or high risk behaviors as well, like riding a motorcycle or certain sexual lifestyles could be frowned upon in the name of reducing costs, which I would personally be against. I may have quit smoking, but it was my decision. I would hate to have had to quit because I was required to.

Do you know how other countries do their health care programs? I've never heard of any of that happening.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think so too. So many people go into debt and have money issues because of medical bills. Same thing with medicine. I get medicine for something and it cost me $50 for each bottle for sixty days. Imagine if you had to pay for medicine that had four bottles for the same price. If you haven't you should watch Michael Moore's film "Sicko." You can probably rent it on Netflix or Blockbuster by now. Even buy it if you want. It's a great film.
The price of prescription drugs is even more outrageous. My neighbor's cost over $4000/ month, and that's for a SINGLE medication. She's poor enough to get them for free, but what about those who aren't?

LittlePinky82

The price of prescription drugs is even more outrageous. My neighbor's cost over $4000/ month, and that's for a SINGLE medication. She's poor enough to get them for free, but what about those who aren't?

Are you kidding? Wow. Does she have health insurance? With national health care it will help that out a lot. Have you seen Michael Moore's film about this? If not it's really good. It's probably on Youtube or Google Video by now. That's ridiculous! Especially if she's a single woman by being a widow or what have you.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Are you kidding? Wow.
Seriously.

Does she have health insurance?
I don't know. She gets it for free under the drug company's income guidelines.

With national health care it will help that out a lot.
That's why I support it.

Have you seen Michael Moore's film about this? If not it's really good. It's probably on Youtube or Google Video by now. That's ridiculous! Especially if she's a single woman by being a widow or what have you.
I haven't seen it yet.

LittlePinky82

Seriously.

I don't know. She gets it for free under the drug company's income guidelines.

That's why I support it.

I haven't seen it yet.

Wow I can't imagine it being Saudi Arabia. But I guess in these times I haven't believed a lot of things that have happened. Ah well I'm glad the lady gets some help. You should check out the film. It's really good. He compares and contrasts a few countries programs and he debunks myths about the system(s) by talking to people who live in the country. In France he talked to some Americans who were living there for various reason's about the system. It's a good movie and educational. Might want to have some tissues with you though since there are some sad parts.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Oh, and Rick, what about the uninsurable? Should they be covered by the government?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Dallas, you own your own business? Not only should you pay your own insurance, you should pay for someone else insurance too. Universal health care will cost people like you, (a business owner) even more and you will recieve less. Who do you think Barrack has in mind to pay for all this?

WELL then I'l LIE ON MY TAXES!!

And what do you mean "Ill recieve less".. We have recieved NOTHING!..WE PAY! And we cant PAY anymore...

And you talk about people beign irresponsible!!!..We have paid (and we have been healthy)..100,000 DOLLARS in insurance premiums in the past 10 years..And when we did need some care ...the DOCTORS didnt take BLUE CROSS or if they did our $ 5,0000 deductible had to be met FIRST..

NOW we cant AFFORD to PAY the premiums anymore...I guess because we are SO IRRESPONSIBLE!

OR it coould be because GAS if friggen FOUR DOLLARS a Gallon..and my husband has to DRIVE to make our MONEY!

Im sure I'll find a way to be less selfish ..and more responsible..

I know ...I'll KILL MYSELF!!! That will save a few BUCKS!

Love

DAllas

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Oh, and Rick, what about the uninsurable? Should they be covered by the government?

Nope, we should start an euthanasia program for the uninsurable. The nerve of some people wanting to be insured with pre-existing conditions! :eek:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh and BY the way RICK!

Dont tell me to CUT off the internet to save money!!!!

My husband HAS to have internet serivice to SERVICE his clients to GET MONEY!

I just GOT lucky and I can USE it TOO...For NO EXTRA COST!

I KNOW?????>..We can SHUT of the air conditioning!!! And KILL the dogs and cats to save on feeding the PETS!

THEN we can afford HEALTH insurance..(NOT)

HEY maybe my mother and fahter will die tooo!!! And I will inherit the family house and it can help us PAY OURRAGEOUS AMOUNTS FOR SUCKY HEALTH INSURANCE!.(for a year or two)

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Nope, we should start an euthanasia program for the uninsurable. The nerve of some people wanting to be insured with pre-existing conditions! :eek:

NO I say LIE!!! LIe to the insurance companies!!! LIE to the government..

Its the only hope for DECENT hard working HONEST people!!!

Love

Dallas

Last edited: