• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN Experts Express Alarm over "Credible Allegations" of Sexual Assault and Rape Targeting Palestinian Women and Committed by the IDF

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Those are my observations in general. But I was mainly referring to the incident where they were fired upon at the end of February.

According to two American news stations, the IDF fired warning shots that started a stampede, and that's where at least most of the deaths occurred with that incident-- or so it seems.

LadyJane

USA shields Israel from all UN sanctions for violating international law.
It’s almost impossible to think of the situation as two sides. One side is a super power unequivocally backed by an even bigger superpower and the other side is a bunch of civilians living under a constant state of oppression. Whether it’s the long arm of the Israeli Military or the terrorist organisation that continues to circumvent democratic elections. Drawing attention to the people making them targets.

Negotiations over the years have always painted Palestine as unreasonable. Refusing to accept the offers being made as though their proposals weren’t as ridiculous as they were insulting. Or how often Israel reneged on promises that were agreed to, from hostage releases to cease fires, as they kept right on building illegal settlement after illegal settlement. Contravening international law.

The illegal settlements in the West Bank must be dismantled in order to even entertain a two state solution. All of them. And I don’t think that is ever gonna happen. The hard right occupiers of that land carry weapons and shoot anyone and everyone on sight with impunity. Including journalists in a stand your ground kind of way. Netanyahoo is completely off the rails. It’s a genocide.

Sargonski

According to two American news stations, the IDF fired warning shots that started a stampede, and that's where at least most of the deaths occurred with that incident-- or so it seems.

Plenty of Sexual assault .. this is nothing new .. for the thousands men and women abducted into the Israeli penal system - You can take the girl out of the trailer park .. but a goblin is still a goblin .. be it in the Israeli Gulag .. or the Gaza open air Concentration camp.

but never mind targeting women for rape .. done on various live feeds no doubt.. Israel has eyes everywhere .. knows the identity of the occupants of every residence .. has been targeting the families of Journalists .. along with the Journalists themselves .. sick and twisted Nazi stuff .. targeting medics .. ambulances .. Leveling a building full of civilians .. then waiting for the medics to arrive .. taking them out. Full on Evil stuff. and they are proud of it .. that is the most bizarre part .. flaunting middle finger to regulatory bodies of the world .. including the US- not being a well behaved citizen of the Global Community .. breaking all the rules.

Got to say - I agree with the Irish Delegation to the UN when they say "The Hague is too good for Bibi" !? aye mate :)

metis

Plenty of Sexual assault ..

Which hasn't actually been confirmed btw since the source was pro-Palestinian. However, I certainly ain't going so far as to state that it hasn't happened.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the rest of your post is just stereotyped claptrap, and we're seeing quite a bit of that here with certain people. When we see Israel being blamed for pretty much everything and Hamas' actions not even being condemned, then it's pretty obvious where the poster is coming from.

Hamas is the duly elected government in Gaza, and elections do have consequences. It was they, encouraged and supplied by Iran, that created and committed the assault on 10-7, but yet we see some people here blaming Israel for all that plus more.

Hamas well knew what they were doing and what Israel's response would be, and it's pretty obvious that Hamas must be defeated or we will just see constant repeats.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
thats just IDF propaganda, and you seem to be falling for it, why do 80% of the victims have bullet wounds, obviously the idf is lying about everything thinking people are going to believe them because theyre israeli

Last edited:

metis

so why do most of the victims have bullet wounds, obviously the idf is lying about everything thinking people are going to believe them because theyre israeli
I already explained that two American news sources questioned the accuracy of that event but did state that warning shots were fired and people fled.

IOW, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'm very confident you will believe any source that skewers Israel.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I already explained that two American news sources questioned the accuracy of that event but did state that warning shots were fired and people fled.

IOW, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'm very confident you will believe any source that skewers Israel.
I will believe the Palestinian journalists that were on the scene, there were no American news sources, only american news reporting what the IDF reports lied about.. my source was the BBC yours was the Zionist media

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Firing warning shots is bound to have deadly
consequences in a dense crowd. Especially
when the shots are fired into the crowd.
Excerpted...
The United Nations on Friday said many of the Palestinian civilians injured during the carnage suffered gunshot wounds, citing a UN team that visited the hospital where survivors were taken.

Firenze

Premium Member

Just as you will believe any source that skewers Hamas. The utter lack of objectivity of so many posters here on both sides is as pathetic as it is transparent. :(

metis

Just as you will believe any source that skewers Hamas.

I didn't "skewer" Hamas as I read and saw much of what they did on 10-7. Maybe if you actually followed the news from numerous sources, you wouldn't be so narrow-minded. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Middle East, including on a kibbutz near Gaza and walking around in the West Bank, and I taught about it on a two-week unit in my poli sci course. I'm not into bigotry.

What's so pathetic is that those who scream the most appear to know the least.

metis

They have no reporters in Gaza, only a press release from the IDF to go from

So, you believe ABC and NBC invented what they reported, right?

Believe what you want as I'd rather have intelligent discussions with others here even if we don't always agree.

Firenze

Premium Member
I didn't "skewer" Hamas as I read and saw much of what they did on 10-7. Maybe if you actually followed the news from numerous sources, you wouldn't be so narrow-minded. I've spent quite a bit of time in the Middle East, including on a kibbutz near Gaza and walking around in the West Bank, and I taught about it on a two-week unit in my poli sci course. I'm not into bigotry.

What's so pathetic is that those who scream the most appear to know the least.
Following the news from numerous sources is what keeps me from being narrow-minded. And those numerous sources tell me that both sides have committed war crimes.

Sargonski

Which hasn't actually been confirmed btw since the source was pro-Palestinian. However, I certainly ain't going so far as to state that it hasn't happened.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the rest of your post is just stereotyped claptrap, and we're seeing quite a bit of that here with certain people. When we see Israel being blamed for pretty much everything and Hamas' actions not even being condemned, then it's pretty obvious where the poster is coming from.

Hamas is the duly elected government in Gaza, and elections do have consequences. It was they, encouraged and supplied by Iran, that created and committed the assault on 10-7, but yet we see some people here blaming Israel for all that plus more.

Hamas well knew what they were doing and what Israel's response would be, and it's pretty obvious that Hamas must be defeated or we will just see constant repeats.
"stereotyped claptrap" is cried out -- "Blaming everything on Israel" -- boo hoo ..the poor likud terrorist party .. didn't have nothing to do with the extermination of 10,000 children .. Collective punishment of the Palestinian civilians for their political leadership .. which Israel helped to install.

How is this not what happened ? --- "stereotyped claptrap" -- who is to blame for doing the dirty collective punishment deed .. . the extermination of 10,000 children.

What part of --- the Palestinian child is not responsible for Hamas .. are you having difficulty understanding ? Do you seriously wish to stand on the stump saying Hamas was completely justified in the Oct 7 collective punishment.. because Israel knew what they were doing (list off 100 prior atrocities .. they add up over an 80 year bloodfued)...

Quite the double edged stump your standing on their mate ... Tell us again how collective punishment is not a war crime ? major crimes against humanity .. stated Ethnic Cleansing .. these likud Zionist - Extremist nutjobs -- including leader Bibi .. openly brag about the cleansing of the land .. with a whole lot of Nations now claiming Genocide .. which is crazy for a first world nation to be accused of in the 21st century ..

Sure we have had such actions happen in the 21st century .. hence the moniker "Genocide Joe" .. but not nations openly accusing Joe of Genocide.

Not that we have yet hit that level .. but that matters not .. Bibi is close enough to be sentenced to firing squad at the Hague .. back in the good old days.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
For anyone else who may be reading the thread: the above is an oversimplification—and an especially tribalistic one—of my actual position, which I detailed in the OP. I did not say that I believed or disbelieved any allegations but instead said the allegations were extremely serious and warranting of thorough investigation:

It's not tribalism. That's cheap name-calling. Is this your version of "slaying the debate"? ;)

They're not "extremely serious" because the UN is mushing together debunked false reports ( which you didn't bother to research ), and ridiculous claims about deliberately targeting women in air strikes that look like this:

How does an individual identify gender from this resolution and distance?

Besides, the individual who is making the allegations won't share any information which would allow for the research you're asking for. They're more interested in spreading the rumors. What does that tell you?

You're asking for a thorough investigation? Are you ignoring the information I've provided? A cursory investigation shows at least some of the claims are bogus.

1) Why do YOU believe the allegations are serious? Did you apply any, ANY, critical thought to this? Or do you believe any allegation that is anti-israel is credible by default?

2) Are you ignoring the recent evidence I brought that detainees make false accusations about abuse in the same way you ignored the evidence that the Nakbah was a consequence of Palestinian propaganda which backfired. Instead of the Palestinians rising up against the "evil Jews" they fled.