• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK Declaring Hamas Terrorist Organisation

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I was going to question your intent behind the earlier post,
from which I inferred support for illegal settlements.
This post clarified it.
Declaring people a "terrorist organization" very often exemplifies
"weaponized safety", ie, it justifies ramping up hostile actions
that are disproportionate to circumstances. We (our leaders)
use it here to justify torture of people not even convicted of
any crime.

Tis clear that British leaders suffer mental impairment from tea.
(This is a topic in another thread.)

Without discussing this particular case, controlling funds to and from organisations is often a more effective way of curtailing their impact than direct military intervention.
And dividing up an organisation into multiple entities, separating a 'legitimate' political arm from a 'terrorist' military arm is a very old strategy.

Treating the entire organisation as a single entity, regardless of the distinctions that organisation tries to make between different portions, is really neccessary if an economic-based control strategy is to have any chance of success.

I wouldn't see this as a justification for torture, but I would agree that Western democracies have regularly involved themselves in actions which run contra to what they can legally justify in any case, often by proxy, or through other means to maintain some level of 'plausible deniability'.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think we could make a good case to designate the UK government as a terrorist organization.
In its long history, it has used fear and terror for political purposes, and it has killed a whole lot of civilians.

Some people say that the modern UK government is different, that it has reformed, that there are militant and moderate wings, but I think any such distinction is artificial. What do you guys think?

EDIT:
And dividing up an organisation into multiple entities, separating a 'legitimate' political arm from a 'terrorist' military arm is a very old strategy.
Yes, the UK government does this all the time when it uses its military budget for its secret service shenanigans.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well, it's about time. It's probably because they stopped drinking tea and so their brains became unfogged. :D
So coffee makes one Islamophobic?
That's a rather interesting twist, considering that it originally came from the Middle East.

Lain

I think we could make a good case to designate the UK government as a terrorist organization.
In its long history, it has used fear and terror for political purposes, and it has killed a whole lot of civilians.

Some people say that the modern UK government is different, that it has reformed, that there are militant and moderate wings, but I think any such distinction is artificial. What do you guys think?

Not sure if you meant this as a joke (I'm often bad with reading tone) or not but that is unironically how I think of many governments, US and UK included. I think such a case is definitely possible and probably has already been made many times.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Not sure if you meant this as a joke (I'm often bad with reading tone) or not but that is unironically how I think of many governments, US and UK included. I think such a case is definitely possible and probably has already been made many times.
Well, it was meant to be ironic in tone, but I do agree with you that distinguishing between "good" militaries and "bad" terrorists is largely motivated by the needs of political propaganda. There really is very little to distinguish Hamas from, say, the IDF and Mossad, except that the latter are the dependencies of a politically legitimate government, while the former are not.

It is worth nothing that historically, the term "terrorism" was originally coined to refer to the terror of authoritarian regimes like the French Jacobins.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Although they are terrorists I don’t see any benefit in declaring them as such,hezbollah will still supply them with rockets that will still be fired into Israel and will probably cause even more conflict.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Although they are terrorists I don’t see any benefit in declaring them as such,hezbollah will still supply them with rockets that will still be fired into Israel and will probably cause even more conflict.
Do you have any kind of evidence that Hezbollah, an Iranian-aligned Lebanese organization is actively supplying a rival organization with weaponry that they themselves do not manufacture and would have no economic or political reason to sell off?

Or is this one of those theories where organizations with widely disparate ideological and political goals are lumped into the same pot because they are all somehow "bad", like the infamous "Communist Judaism" conspiracy theories of yore?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Do you have any kind of evidence that Hezbollah, an Iranian-aligned Lebanese organization is actively supplying a rival organization with weaponry that they themselves do not manufacture and would have no economic or political reason to sell off?

Or is this one of those theories where organizations with widely disparate ideological and political goals are lumped into the same pot because they are all somehow "bad", like the infamous "Communist Judaism" conspiracy theories of yore?

Easy,shared enemy,Hezbollah launches rocket fire in response to Israeli air raids

realiy its old news,its interesting though that al qaida are not interested in Palestine,they have different goals.

Iran supports hezbollah who support Hamas,shared goal,to push Israel into the sea,like I said it’s old news.

Lebanon's Hezbollah condemns Britain’s decision to ban Hamas -statement

Unlikely bed mates maybe but Huston we have a problem.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Easy,shared enemy,Hezbollah launches rocket fire in response to Israeli air raids

realiy its old news,its interesting though that al qaida are not interested in Palestine,they have different goals.

Iran supports hezbollah who support Hamas,shared goal,to push Israel into the sea,like I said it’s old news.

Lebanon's Hezbollah condemns Britain’s decision to ban Hamas -statement

Unlikely bed mates maybe but Huston we have a problem.
So you have no evidence supporting the earlier assertion that "hezbollah will still supply [Hamas] with rockets that will still be fired into Israel". Thanks for confirming.