• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK Declaring Hamas Terrorist Organisation

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Says distinctions between wings within it are artificial.

'The UK government plans to declare the entirety of Hamas as a terrorist organisation, in a move led by Home Secretary Priti Patel.

Previously only the military wing of the Palestinian Islamist organisation, Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, was proscribed under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Ms Patel said this created an "artificial distinction" between parts of an organisation which has "significant terrorist capacity".'

Hamas: UK government plans to proscribe entirety of organisation using anti-terrorism law

Discuss.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hamas has definitely engaged in terrorist activity at multiple points. I largely agree with the ruling, although I also think there should be more sanctions or at least less military support for Israel from other countries, especially the U.S., given Israel's building of illegal settlements and killing of civilians that both the U.N. and multiple humans rights organizations agree is unjustified and against international law.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's a reason hell is for disbelievers. This among the reasons that show their injustice.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hezbollah are the greatest people on the planet. They are among the people who the people of hell will say "why is not we don't see any men who we use to count as the worst/most evil" and this is the reality of people of hell aka disbelievers, they see the best people as the worst and so hell is their proper recompense.

The reality is disbelievers have no insight to good and evil and have lost their souls. This my view and I am certain of it.

Mandela was once on the terrorist list of US.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Hezbollah are the greatest people on the planet. They are among the people who the people of hell will say "why is not we don't see any men who we use to count as the worst/most evil" and this is the reality of people of hell aka disbelievers, they see the best people as the worst and so hell is their proper recompense.

The reality is disbelievers have no insight to good and evil and have lost their souls. This my view and I am certain of it.

Mandela was once on the terrorist list of US.
I am certain you are wrong. :oops:

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Last edited:

Azrael Antilla

Says distinctions between wings within it are artificial.

'The UK government plans to declare the entirety of Hamas as a terrorist organisation, in a move led by Home Secretary Priti Patel.

Previously only the military wing of the Palestinian Islamist organisation, Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, was proscribed under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Ms Patel said this created an "artificial distinction" between parts of an organisation which has "significant terrorist capacity".'

Hamas: UK government plans to proscribe entirety of organisation using anti-terrorism law

Discuss.
I would consider that an unwise move. Hamas is a paramilitary organisation first and foremost. As they don't have access to a large armed forces as their enemy, Israel, does. They have no option but persecute a guerilla war against their oppressor. Which involves terror tactics. So labelling them terrorists is merely a mating call for the benefit of Israel. Piri Patel is a racist ethno-nationalist and has courted the Israeli government in the past, she hate Muslims. She hates immigrants also.

Azrael Antilla

There's a reason hell is for disbelievers. This among the reasons that show their injustice.
Dont worry bro. The Israeli government is as popular as a ginger stepson. In the UK. The UK government is a racist Israeli boot licking outfit. Thats on borrowed time.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I would consider that an unwise move. Hamas is a paramilitary organisation first and foremost. As they don't have access to a large armed forces as their enemy, Israel, does. They have no option but persecute a guerilla war against their oppressor. Which involves terror tactics. So labelling them terrorists is merely a mating call for the benefit of Israel. Piri Patel is a racist ethno-nationalist and has courted the Israeli government in the past, she hate Muslims. She hates immigrants also.

I think sanctioning the Israeli government and cutting off or reducing military aid to it are much better ways of addressing Israel's human rights abuses than endorsing a terrorist organization would be. The main problem is that most Western governments seem unable or unwilling to take such actions, so the conflict rages on.

Azrael Antilla

I think sanctioning the Israeli government and cutting off or reducing military aid to it are much better ways of addressing Israel's human rights abuses than endorsing a terrorist organization would be. The main problem is that most Western governments seem unable or unwilling to take such actions, so the conflict rages on.
I agree. Cut Israeli financial support and half the problem is solved.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was going to question your intent behind the earlier post,
from which I inferred support for illegal settlements.
This post clarified it.
Declaring people a "terrorist organization" very often exemplifies
"weaponized safety", ie, it justifies ramping up hostile actions
that are disproportionate to circumstances. We (our leaders)
use it here to justify torture of people not even convicted of
any crime.

Tis clear that British leaders suffer mental impairment from tea.
(This is a topic in another thread.)