• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK Declaring Hamas Terrorist Organisation

Azrael Antilla

I was going to question your intent behind the earlier post,
from which I inferred support for illegal settlements.
This post clarified it.
Declaring people a "terrorist organization" very often exemplifies
"weaponized safety", ie, it justifies ramping up hostile actions
that are disproportionate to circumstances.

Tis clear that British leaders suffer mental impairment from tea.
(This is a topic in another thread.)
British leaders drink champagne and snort cocaine. In my experience.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I absolutely hate the UK government. A bunch of self serving elitist pigs. If I was a member of Hamas, I would expect nothing less from the filthy British government. They're the old enemy.
Indeed.
British leaders have a murderous oppressive record in the middle
east. Millions of Iranians starved due to famine & disease caused
by British confiscation of food during the 2 world wars.
Persian famine of 1917–1919 - Wikipedia
Iranian famine of 1942–1943 - Wikipedia

Azrael Antilla

Indeed.
British leaders have a murderous oppressive record in the middle
east. Millions of Iranians starved due to famine & disease caused
by British confiscation of food during the 2 world wars. The Brits
also evicted Palestinians in the creation of Israel.
Persian famine of 1917–1919 - Wikipedia
Iranian famine of 1942–1943 - Wikipedia
Now they're supplying arms to Saudi Arabia. UK Brimstone missiles killing Yemeni children. Every day. The UK is led by the absolute scum of the Earth.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Says distinctions between wings within it are artificial.

'The UK government plans to declare the entirety of Hamas as a terrorist organisation, in a move led by Home Secretary Priti Patel.

Previously only the military wing of the Palestinian Islamist organisation, Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, was proscribed under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Ms Patel said this created an "artificial distinction" between parts of an organisation which has "significant terrorist capacity".'

Hamas: UK government plans to proscribe entirety of organisation using anti-terrorism law

Discuss.
This just brings the UK into line with the EU.

All part of taking back control.........:rolleyes:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I was going to question your intent behind the earlier post,
from which I inferred support for illegal settlements.
This post clarified it.

I'm staunchly against Israel's illegal settlements and believe it is a country largely founded, or at least currently sustained, on religious extremism and nationalist zeal. The idea of a "holy land," whether based on a subset of Jewish or Islamic schools of thought, has historically led to much more conflict and suffering than it has helped anyone.

Declaring people a "terrorist organization" very often exemplifies
"weaponized safety", ie, it justifies ramping up hostile actions
that are disproportionate to circumstances. We (our leaders)
use it here to justify torture of people not even convicted of
any crime.

Tis clear that British leaders suffer mental impairment from tea.
(This is a topic in another thread.)

I definitely think the classification of Hamas needs to be accompanied by rejection and condemnation of violations of international law--in this case, Israel's.

Azrael Antilla

I'm staunchly against Israel's illegal settlements and believe it is a country largely founded, or at least currently sustained, on religious extremism and nationalist zeal. The idea of a "holy land," whether based on a subset of Jewish or Islamic schools of thought, has historically led to much more conflict and suffering than it has helped anyone.

I definitely think the classification of Hamas needs to be accompanied by rejection and condemnation of violations of international law--in this case, Israel's.
Israel's government has a lot to answer for..as does the UK and other nations. For their various crimes against humanity, historical and more recently. Israel is no exception. The stronger combatant will always push the envelope, will always act disproportionately. The conflict is a mess. The Western powers just making the situation worse.

Piri Patel is a vile human being. This latest act is another example of her stupidity and lack of foresight. Now the UK can expect renewed terrorist aggression. From Islamic extremists. Whom I completely despise. (The cowardly murdering filth)

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I did not like your basic premise. That labelling Hamas a terrorist organisation, was a good thing. So I am not going to find your joke funny. Am I? No I am not. Not at all amused. Who cares though eh?
I don't care whether or not you liked the joke, just thought you should know where I was coming from. It's one thing to call out a joke as lame, it's another to call it out as racist.

So you're one of those people? Pro-Hamas or something?
I am half German. Maybe it's that famous lack of sense of humour we apparently are known for?
I am well aware that not everyone finds my jokes to be funny. I once wrote a parody column in my yeshiva's newsletter and to this day one of the alumni thinks I was seriously depressed when I wrote it. I wasn't.

Azrael Antilla

I don't care whether or not you liked the joke, just thought you should know where I was coming from. It's one thing to call out a joke as lame, it's another to call it out as racist.

So you're one of those people? Pro-Hamas or something?

I am well aware that not everyone finds my jokes to be funny. I once wrote a parody column in my yeshiva's newsletter and to this day one of the alumni thinks I was seriously depressed when I wrote it. I wasn't.
If I said all Jamaicans smoke weed that could be construed as a racist or at the very least stereotypical generalisation. Same with Brits and tea. Or Russians and Vodka, Germans and Beer... etc

Your joke was flippant to my mind. Plus my sense of humour is different.

No I am not pro Hamas. At all. I hate the power they have over the Palestinian people whom deserve better representatives than those thugs.

I am in fact pro non death. Very pro non death.

It's the innocent that suffer. Not Tel Aviv politicians, not those that sponsor Hamas. Those civilians hit by home made rockets or bombed out of apartments by tank fire.
The kids trained to be suicide bombers. All the victims. Jewish and Muslim, and everyone else.