• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK banning all petrol , diesel, and hybrid vehicles by 2035.

Wandering Monk

There are of course cheaper gas cars, but as I pointed out, I'm not comparing initial costs but lifetime costs where a higher initial investment can be cheaper over the lifespan of the car depending on circumstances.

Cheapest Electric Cars for 2020
  • 2019 Volkswagen e-Golf | $32,790.
  • 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV | $37,495.
  • 2020 Hyundai Kona Electric | $38,085.
  • 2019 Kia Niro EV | $39,545.

So how well do all-electrics work in sub-zero Farenheit temperatures?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So how well do all-electrics work in sub-zero Farenheit temperatures?
Of course they're not as good with decreaed range compared to gas engines which also suffer from a loss of efficiency.

What has that got to do with anything outside of excessive and unwarranted negativity about their future. Problems will be solved as they always have been by optimists with a can-do attitude who are willing to put in enough effort.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The other thing is, electric cars need to be noisier, so that people can hear them coming. That's slightly off topic but important IMHO
Good point. I want mine to sound like an angry Irish lass telling people to get out of her way. :cool:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Then perhaps it'll become so aged & rare that it'll get special
licensing (cheap) as a collectible or historic vehicle.

Btw this is a pic of Mr Duplex, my antique truck (@1908),
which was made near here (Charlotte, MI).
He's the earliest example in existence from Duplex.
SANFORD%2B-%2BONE%2BTON%2B-%2B1912.jpg

4 wheel drive (by chain)
2 cylinder dual carb engine (underneath the driver)
Solid rubber tires on wooden spoked wheels.

Classic and veteran cars licensed before a certain time (about 1970 ish) are allowed on our roads tax-free, but I cannot see later models being so fortunate.

The biggest problem for ECs at the moment is that even the early Riva G-Wiz mini-cars with brushed motors and lead-acid batteries are very expensive to insure. I was going to get a G-Wiz from London for about £2000 just to play about with, but the bloody insurance was several hundred pounds higher than my little panda! That was too much, just for a fun car for local running about. Anyway, my wife googled G-Wiz crashes and noticed that many of them were flat with the ground after meeting with anything else, and that was that......... definitely no G-Wiz for Oldbadger. :(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Classic and veteran cars licensed before a certain time (about 1970 ish) are allowed on our roads tax-free, but I cannot see later models being so fortunate.

The biggest problem for ECs at the moment is that even the early Riva G-Wiz mini-cars with brushed motors and lead-acid batteries are very expensive to insure. I was going to get a G-Wiz from London for about £2000 just to play about with, but the bloody insurance was several hundred pounds higher than my little panda! That was too much, just for a fun car for local running about. Anyway, my wife googled G-Wiz crashes and noticed that many of them were flat with the ground after meeting with anything else, and that was that......... definitely no G-Wiz for Oldbadger. :(
I've never tried to insure a panda.
How on Earth did you even get one?