• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Types of Muslim

The following was inspired by AbuKhalid's delightful thread in the Islam DIR, "Types of Kufr". http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam/81077-types-kufr.html
Types of Muslim (Misbelief)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Some secular philosophers use the word Muslim to denote people who cover up or hide realities. They use this word to identify those who deny Modernity by not accepting Science and Democracy. Muslim thus is synonymous with superstitious and a Muslim is a misbeliever. This type of Muslim is called Major Muslim. There are many types of Major Muslim. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]1. Mule-Muslim: [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of stubborness. This applies to someone who knows the truth and admits to knowing the truth and admits to knowing it with his tongue, but refuses to accept it and refrains from making a declaration. Richard Dawkins says: Throw into Hell every stubborn Muslim [God Delusion, p. 1,593][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
2. "Hear no reason, see no reason, speak no reason" Muslim:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of denial. This applies to someone who denies with both heart and tongue. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Voltaire says: They recognize the favors of Science and Reason, yet they deny them. Most of them are Muslims. [/FONT]
3. Arrogant Muslim:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of arrogance and pride. The misbelief of the terrorists is an example of this type of Muslim. [/FONT]
4. "Dear John" Muslim:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbebelief out of rejection. This applies to someone who acknowledges the truth in his heart, but rejects it with his tongue. This type of Muslim is applicable to those who calls themselves Modern but who reject any necessary and accepted norms of Modernity such as Science and Democracy. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Descartes says: They denied it (our scientific evidence) even though their hearts believed in it , out of spite and arrogance.[/FONT]
5. Muslim Hypocrites:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of hypocrisy.This applies to someone who pretends to be Modern, and pretends to criticize the West based on a concern for human rights and freedom and equality for all, but conceals his hope to conquer the Earth through jihad and impose Sharia law under a global caliphate. Such a person is called a HYPOCRITE. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Dawkins says: Verily the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of War and Poverty. You will find no one to help them. [/FONT]
6. "Human rights, shmuman rights" Muslims:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of trying to make INEQUALITY into EQUALITY. This applies to someone who accepts the "equality" of laws which are clearly unequal, like bans on churches or punishments for Muslim apostates. Equality is a Right bestowed on everyone by Nature, and those who seek to interfere with these rights are like rivals to Nature and therefore fall outside the boundaries of science and reason. [/FONT]
7. "They hate our freedom" Muslims:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief out of detesting any non-Muslim rights and freedoms. Thomas Paine says: Perdition (destruction) has been consigned to those who are Muslim and Progress will render their actions void. This is because they are averse to that which Science has revealed so their actions are fruitless. [/FONT]
8. Comedic Muslim:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Muslim belief due to mockery and derision. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Ghandi says: Say: Was it nonviolence, its principles and its heroes that you were mocking? Make no excuses. You have misbelieved after you have believed. [/FONT]
9. Evasive Muslims:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief due to avoidance. This applies to those who turn away and avoid the truth. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Watson and Crick say: And who is more unjust than he who is reminded of the scientific evidence for Evolution but then turns away from it.[/FONT]
10. Illegal substitution Muslims:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Misbelief because of trying to substitute Nature's Laws. This could take the form of: (a) Rejection of the laws of physics without accepting magical tales and "jinns" (b) Acceptance of magical tales and therefore rejecting laws of physics, or (c) Substituting Nature's laws with man-made laws from the 7th century. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Albert Einstein says: Or have they partners with physicists who have instituted for them a miracle-story which physics cannot allow. [/FONT]
Stephen Hawking [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]says: Say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely (that) is physical and this is unphysical so as to invent a lie against Nature. Verily, those who distort the experimental evidence will never prosper.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that AbuKhalid's thread was about "disbelief", as in the idea of disbelief, not disbelievers per se. I want to ensure everyone that my thread, likewise, is about "Islam", as in the idea of Islam, not Muslims per se. This was a misunderstanding on my part about the different usages of the word "Kufr", "Kufrul", etc. For example, when AbuKhalid said:
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah(swt) says: Throw into Hell every stubborn disbeliever[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]​
I didn't realize what he actually meant to say was, throw into Hell every stubborn "idea" of disbelief. Likewise, when I say:
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Throw into Hell every stubborn Muslim
[/FONT]
Of course I am referring to the stubborn "idea" of Islam, not Muslim people themselves. Please keep this important distinction in mind while browsing this comprehensive list of "Types of Islam" (that should be the title, since I am talking about the idea, not the people who subscribe to it, just as AbuKhalid was). I didn't always use the right words, but instead of editing the word "Muslim" to "Islam" everywhere it's easier to just let everyone know, I am indeed talking about "ideas" not "people".

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
hey Mr Sprinkles what this thread about?

i think i'm missing your point, is there something you are trying to say or are you just telling us something, i think i am the only person that doesn't get it. sorry i am a bit slow and have a low understanding ability.

and just for the record, there is only one islam, the islam of Allah (swt), whats all this stuff really about?

and am i allowed to ask or oppose you in this kind of forum?

hey Mr Sprinkles what this thread about?
It's a comprehensive list of the many types of Major Islam, based on authoritative secular philosophy.

eselam said:
i think i'm missing your point, is there something you are trying to say or are you just telling us something, i think i am the only person that doesn't get it. sorry i am a bit slow and have a low understanding ability.
I'm not making a point, it's just informational. I thought some people might be interested in learning about the 10 types of Major Islam.

eselam said:
and just for the record, there is only one islam, the islam of Allah (swt), whats all this stuff really about?
Actually there are many types, I just listed all ten of the sub-categories of Major Islam.

and am i allowed to ask or oppose you in this kind of forum?
I'll move it to General Debates so you can say what you want.

Sahar

BTW, there were a thread about Paganism in the Islam DIR that was closed...as it violated the DIR rules...

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i will re-read them again a few times to understand them, i seriously don't know why there are statements on non muslims next to the "types" of islam you have mentioned.

Okay eselam let me explain my point: I hope it's obvious that I am being sarcastic. Obviously, Islam and/or its followers cannot be broken down into 10 "types" all of which are negative (hypocrisy, avoidance, denial, detesting, etc.)

The point of this thread is to parody AbuKhalid's absurd thread on "Types of Kufr". He explicitly told me there is no such thing as an admirable Kufr in the world, that is why none of the 10 types of Kufr contain admirable qualities. That is why nothing on his list talks about the "Type of Kufr" that loves science, has read or traveled widely, cares about human rights, etc.

This is astonishingly ignorant. There are millions and millions of nonbelievers in the world, China alone has ~ 1.2 billion people many of whom are atheists. I had a philosophy professor who was an atheist, when he was ~ 20 years old he joined a nonviolent student movement, organized at the university, for a summer to help blacks register to vote in the racist South of the U.S. The goal was to fight racism and inequality. This was a dangerous nonviolent struggle, two of his fellow students became martyrs for the cause, they were murdered by the Ku Klux Klan, and now there's a memorial to them at my old university. Lots of the organizers and leaders of the Civil Rights movement in the U.S. in the 1960's were atheists, atheists volunteered and laid down their lives to fight fascism in Europe, an atheist Soviet submarine commander probably saved our entire species when he overruled a decision to launch a nuclear missile.

This is not even to mention Albert Einstein, Thomas Paine, the Buddha, Confucius, the Greek/Roman and later philosophers who laid the foundations of democratic government...what about Bill Gates, whose charitable foundation saves countless lives every day in Africa and other regions?

The idea no nonbelievers have admirable qualities, or that admirable "ideas" cannot exist independently of Islam/religious belief, is just very, very naive.

i will re-read them again a few times to understand them, i seriously don't know why there are statements on non muslims next to the "types" of islam you have mentioned.
I'm using the word "Misbelief" as a synonym for Islam, which covers and hides the truth.....this is different from "Disbelief". (It's just a play on words.)

Fine, it's moved...
I hope you are happy with this thread...
At least I am joking with this OP....AbuKhalid's thread on the other hand is not a joke. The idea that you can take disbelief and break it down into ten "types", all of which have to do with something negative (hypocrisy, hatred, etc.) is completely absurd.
I am wondering: do you agree with his OP? Is that a fair or reasonable breakdown of the "types of kufr"?

Is there such a thing as an admirable "kufr"?

(I realize you strongly disagree with AbuKhalid on some other points about democracy, but this is a somewhat different issue.)

Sahar

At least I am joking with this OP....AbuKhalid's thread on the other hand is not a joke. The idea that you can take disbelief and break it down into ten "types", all of which have to do with something negative (hypocrisy, hatred, etc.) is completely absurd.
I am wondering: do you agree with his OP? Is that a fair or reasonable breakdown of the "types of kufr"?

Is there such a thing as an admirable "kufr"?
not4me said:
Ah another note, disbelief was a general term that didn't specify followers of any certain religion or ideology. Maybe "types of belief" would be more fair response to this thread (but honestly, this is a childish game).
Ok, let it be one type!! Would this make you feel better?
Kufr=Kufr...one type, don't be sad.
As a matter of fact, even Muslims can fall under some of the categories in Abu Khalid's thread.

Ok, let it be one type!! Would this make you feel better?
Kufr=Kufr...one type, don't be sad.
As a matter of fact, even Muslims can fall under some of the categories in Abu Khalid's thread.
I think you are picking at technicalities and semantics but missing the central issue.